Just wanted to wish Adam Gase a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

joewilly12

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Thanks coach for making this team respectable again, playing decent football,managing a decent record with all the injuries and the roster MM assembled. 

Pay no mind the negativity and the daily bashing. 

We suffered through 4 years of lifeless Todd Bowles football. 

You aren't perfect but we are moving in the right direction. 

Thanks for the win the Sunday before Christmas and hope you finish off the season beating the Bills before New Years. 

7-9 

joewilly12 

Well said. I totally agree!

32 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Not sure i get the anti gase thing. Were depleted, but 5-2. Not seeing the issues. Far from perfect, but far from bowles as well

What’d the Jets hit Opening Drive scores I think 6 weeks in a row?  Should have been 6 TDs if not for the Refs...Darnold hitting about 90% of his passes in total on those drives.  The totally depleted Jets actually led the NFL on Opening Drives.  Yes, I’m well aware that there are lots more drives than just opening ones throughout a game.  But this is evidence to me that at least Gase knows how to Scheme a D until the Jets OL gives everything away.  Hopefully Douglas can put lots more NFL PLAYERS around Darnold in the future, because there have been very few in Darnold’s first 2 Years, and that will translate into lots more scores after the opening drive.

You wouldn’t get 6 consecutive Opening Drive scores in 600 Years of Todd Bowles “coaching”.  I think there were about 2 in Bowles 4 long years.

• Upvote 1

On 12/25/2019 at 12:07 PM, joewilly12 said:

Thanks coach for making this team respectable again, playing decent football,managing a decent record with all the injuries and the roster MM assembled. 

Thanks for the win the Sunday before Christmas and hope you finish off the season beating the Bills before New Years. 

7-9 

joewilly12 

If the Jets were 1-14 under Gase (a la the Bengals) would you still wish Gase a merry Christmas?

Or do his wins and losses come into play?

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If the Jets were 1-14 under Gase (a la the Bengals) would you still wish Gase a merry Christmas?

I would still wish him a Merry Christmas as HC of the NY Jets,nothing to do with wins and losses. 

My post is to offset all the negativity geared Adam Gase's way. 

People need to chill out and put things in perspective here, its not like we were a winning organization and since Gase came here we've been losing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You can wish the human being and his family well in general terms, and still want your team to go in a different direction at Head Coach.  One is humanity, the other is just business.

Lets not pretend Coach Gase is just some poor average schmuck who'll be on the streets hungry and homeless if he can't coach the NY Jets.

If he's fired, he gets an additional 10's of millions of dollars to not work.  He, nor his children, nor his childrens children, ever have to work another day in their lives, ever, if they don't want to.  He does not need our pity nor our defense.

We should save our pity and white knighting for people truly in need this time of year.  Not multi-millionaire Head Coaches finishing their third losing season in a row, and fourth with bottom-of-the-NFL Offensive rankings.

You know who I feel for......every lifelong diehard Jets Fan who died in 2019 still waiting for their moment to see a title.  

• Post of the Week 2

7-9 

joewilly12 

Not sure if I would call finishing up sub 500 by loosing to the worst team in football, and betting some real scrubs and the Steelers with a 3rd string QB respectable. Hopefully he got a secret decoder ring for X-mas so he can debug what other teams are going to do like the rest of the league can so I don't have to watch him run up the middle on teams that suck on the edge, and run against teams that suck against the pass...

whomever is coach next year, and I would expect it to be Gase, let's hope for true respectability: a winning record, meaningful football in December and maybe even a playoff berth.

• Post of the Week 2

Jet fans have a lot of nerve to think they have a right to be upset at Adam Gase!

Sure, he makes millions of dollars at his job.  And sure, he knew exactly what he signed up for when he took this job.  But what right do we have to complain when all we do is pay his lavish salary by spending our hard earned money supporting the team?! 

Jet fans should be ashamed of themselves!  We all owe Adam Gase a huge apology!

Thank you Adam Gase!   We owe you! 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I would still wish him a Merry Christmas as HC of the NY Jets,nothing to do with wins and losses. 

My post is to offset all the negativity geared Adam Gase's way. 

People need to chill out and put things in perspective here, its not like we were a winning organization and since Gase came here we've been losing. 

Is that why you also wrote “We suffered through 4 years of lifeless Todd Bowles football”?

7-9 

joewilly12 

PB2.jpg

You going to remind him that you supported the airplane in Week 4 or shall I?

SAR I 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

“Respectable” at this point is a big stretch. 

As  an aside Gase just said that “yes we started the season slowly but the reason is IRRELEVANT “. Wow. Just wow. I guess just move on and don’t examine what could have been done better. NOTHING is more relevant 

• Upvote 1

7-9 

joewilly12 

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

PB2.jpg

You going to remind him that you supported the airplane in Week 4 or shall I?

SAR I 

supported nothing. I kept the tally on the amount collected that's all. 

I didn't donate 1 cent. 

Don't put words in my mouth either. 

Don't wrongfully accuse me of saying anything. 

Thanks 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

SAR I thinks he's the "Real Jet Fan" police.  Were you a hall monitor back in the day?

There's a list.  You're on it.

Those who quit on our coach at 0-4 or quit on this team at 1-7 don't get to celebrate the good in the 6-2 finish.  Beg me all offseason, show some loyalty to your head coach, maybe we'll talk around April when the Committee gets together to decide.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Xtina said:

“Respectable” at this point is a big stretch. 

As  an aside Gase just said that “yes we started the season slowly but the reason is IRRELEVANT “. Wow. Just wow. I guess just move on and don’t examine what could have been done better. NOTHING is more relevant 

The guy is trying to say the right things.  He's saying that our record is what it is and what happened earlier in the season is irrelevant.

That's what coaches are supposed to say.  Fans and the media know better.  We're allowed to call it like it is.  This has been an unfair season for our team and our coaching staff.  We pray for health next season.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You going to remind him that you're no Gase fan?

image.thumb.png.1d261b54c107269f333b73818d4c63fa.png

Definitely.  He merely deserves some respect for the strong finish and another season to prove that with an NFL-caliber roster he can be the offensive guru we were told he was.  Simple stuff.

This isn't a way to endear yourself to the Committee and get yourself off the blacklist, FYI.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There's a list.  You're on it.

Those who quit on our coach at 0-4 or quit on this team at 1-7 don't get to celebrate the good in the 6-2 finish.  Beg me all offseason, show some loyalty to your head coach, maybe we'll talk around April when the committee gets together to decide.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

supported nothing. I kept the tally on the amount collected that's all. 

I didn't donate 1 cent. 

Don't put words in my mouth either. 

Don't wrongfully accuse me of saying anything. 

Thanks 

joewilly12 

You really want me to go back to the thread and post your quotes up?  It's time consuming, but I'll do it if you insist.

You did more than "tally".  You supported those idiots 100%.  You shouldn't be the one to start the "we're sorry, Adam" thread.  It's disingenuous.

You're not on the list, but the Committee is watching you carefully.

SAR I

• Haha 1