Don't dismiss the significance of this Jets surge

joewilly12

A win against the Bills and finishing the season on a 6-2 run would be a step in the right direction.

Change the culture.  After a decade of losing, this team needs to learn how to win.  Winning breeds winning especially for young teams with young quarterbacks.  It can be a big driving force in turning this team into a consistent contender.

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

From what I see of Beachum, he would make a fair starting RT.  Edoga, I dont think is going to work out on the outside of the line.  Not on the left side, or right side.  Either he will adjust to playing inside or he'll be out of the league.  

I think Chuma has done pretty well on the right side and IMHO, outperformed Shell there before getting hurt.

Sadly, the experiment on the left did not go well...

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sooooo tired of that phrase.  

35 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Learning to win means nothing if the wins mean nothing.

Agree to disagree.  Culture makes a difference.  Winning takes discipline, it is contagious, and it attracts winners.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Agree to disagree.  Culture makes a difference.  Winning takes discipline, it is contagious, and it attracts winners.

It takes talent we currently don't have.  With the massive roster turnover that's about to happen this offseason, the overwhelming majority of current players won't be the beneficiaries of the "culture change".  

The bottom of the roster looks great.  The mid to upper part, not so much.  

Just now, SAR I said:

injuries.jpg

How would we know?  We saw so little of it.

The Offensive Line, healthy or not, was a bottom 3 unit in the NFL.  

The Secondary and receiving group, healthy or not, were well below average.  

We saw enough to say this was not a playoff roster.  Only a handful of homers would say otherwise.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Yet still 5-2. Anything else boomer

Right in the middle of Gen X. We're 6-9. Not 5-2. Gase is responsible for being completely unprepared when his QB went down. He's responsible for outright quitting a couple of those games. He's responsible for the total embarrassment that Eagles game was, fresh out of the bye week. How about giving Darnold all those reps when he couldn't play for weeks yet? How about protecting your franchise QB with a line week1 that had never played together? I seriously doubt skepticism about a guy who makes terrible decision after terrible decision is related to age, but when defending him is so difficult without excuses I guess I can see why that's where ya gotta go. 

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Offensive Line, healthy or not, was a bottom 3 unit in the NFL.  

The Secondary and receiving group, healthy or not, were well below average.  

We saw enough to say this was not a playoff roster.  Only a handful of homers would say otherwise.  

On paper, I agree.  But in principle, the Jets were a few non-injuries away from 10 wins.

SAR I

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Wut?  Who, where?  It was super easy.  We lost vs miami and cincy, have the 32nd ranked offense and we are throwing rose petals at the coach.

It is going to be a tougher sched next year and Fa is no going to save us.

What else you got Nostradamus??

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hence why we need to trade Jamal then pray for a repeat of the 2006 draft.  

Now I'll prepare myself emotionally for the raining down of buttfumbles and neg reps from the fanboy crew.  

I am not opposed to trading Adams but I think his value is closer to 2 first round picks than one.

Giving up a young stud for a first or a first would be a mistake IMO. We miss so often in the draft we should try to keep when we hit for the most part. For all we know Douglas won't draft any better than his predecessors.

Also, I do plan on butt fumbling you on that post but I'm saving it for later.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

For all we know Douglas won't draft any better than his predecessors.

This is an argument I can't possibly understand.  If Douglas can't draft, we're screwed regardless, whether we hold onto Jamal or not.  Why not go all in and get him as many picks as possible?  

The alternative argument against is "Douglas ought to be able to draft OL, WR, CB, and Pass Rush without trading Jamal."  I can at least understand that rationale.  But that will require approximately 3 drafts (we really can't count on free agency).  I'd rather accelerate that process and hope he does it in 1 or 2.  We need lots of picks for that.  

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Like I said I'm not opposed as long as we get the value. Even good GM's miss on a lot of picks.

True.  But there's a vast difference between a "good GM who misses sometimes" and Mike Maccagnan.  If JD is as bad or only marginally better than Macc, we're f**ked regardless.