7th most improbable pass completion of the season

5 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I didn’t know where to post this. probably doesn’t need it’s own thread but meh,, here’s some boner material for you savages.

Edit: there’s also this. not saying much but by Jets standards, hell yea boi.

And that is only with 13 starts last year and 12 starts this year. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

And that is only with 13 starts last year and 12 starts this year. 

Well if you want to compare apples to apples, Namath started 3 fewer games: 9 as a rookie and 13 in year two.

Of course Namath tossed 42 picks to Darnold's 27 as well. 

Darnold's also fumbled more than twice as many times as Joe, but stats-wise fumbles from bad snaps get solely credited to the QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well if you want to compare apples to apples, Namath started 3 fewer games: 9 as a rookie and 13 in year two.

Of course Namath tossed 42 picks to Darnold's 27 as well. 

Darnold's also fumbled more than twice as many times as Joe, but stats-wise fumbles from bad snaps get solely credited to the QB.

But we have to mention Spencer "bad snap" Long was his C in 2018.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, section314 said:

So true. When Joe became the first QB in pro football history to throw for 4,000 yards, the NFL leader was around 2,800-3,000 yards.

Yea, well the most athletic guys in today's current NFL are on the defensive side of the ball. And it's an actual FACT that the guys in front of Sam, that are supposed to protect him from those beasts suck huge moose cock. So that's a check for Sam. 

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Edit: there’s also this. not saying much but by Jets standards, hell yea boi.

I was hoping for two TD passes from Sam this week to get him to 20 on the year. This is another reason to hope for that. 

• Upvote 2

I wonder what Sam would do behind the 3rd ranked OL in the NFL at 22.  I wonder what he'd do behind any top 10 OL.    Hell I wonder what he'd do behind a top 20 OL.

I also wonder what Lamar would do behind a a bottom 15 OL or a bottom 5 OL.  or what he'd do behind the 26th ranked OL. Shockingly I think Sam and Gase have made the plays more uptempo to make the OL look better

I love Lamar. I actually wanted him over Darnold in the draft but any QB would be better, some significantly based on their OL, with the ravens OL.  And Some, well probably all, would be worse behind the Jets OL.  

Comparing the 2 is silly.   You gotta judge them in the situation they are in.   Lamar should have excelled and he did.   Sam should probably have been murdered and he hasn't LOL.   Sam is doing a great job with the carousel of OL he has had.

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

So this time when he threw into double coverage it worked out 

yay

You mean he chose to throw a TD pass to Anderson, instead of all the other wide-open guys in the endzone?

In case it helps, here is a capture of what was going on right after he released the ball, right before he would have been crushed.

image.png.e75fe318fce621e5c45e2ed1f868a690.png

7 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

has anyone mentioned he's only 22 years old yet? because we should do that.

7 hours ago, Losmeister said:

after we change his diaper and put him down for his nap

the mvp is 22 as well

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I guess the sarcasm wasn't thick enough

When two trolls bump into each other.....

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

Yea, well the most athletic guys in today's current NFL are on the defensive side of the ball. And it's an actual FACT that the guys in front of Sam, that are supposed to protect him from those beasts suck huge moose cock. So that's a check for Sam. 

You’ll know what virtually the entire 2019 NY Jet “OL” is doing a year from now as you know what Mike Maccagnan is up to.

They wont be in the NFL that’s for sure.

• Upvote 1

It really was an incredible throw and catch.

Pittsburgh rushed four, and of course, Darnold has a rusher on him in about 2 seconds.  Two different receivers are double covered including Anderson.  Darnold throws a rope into a tight window traveling 35 yards in the air where only the receiver can catch it.  He manages to get an elbow in bounds on the diving reception.  It was one of the plays of the year for sure.