Jump to content

Cimini is a duntz


kevinc855
 Share

Recommended Posts

Cimini can be a dour, cynical crank sometimes but I respect his print era style.  Sports writers/columnists I grew up reading like TJ Simers, Thomas Boswell, Peter Gammons, Kerry Eggers, Lisa Olson, Bill Plaschke... all came from that "get good sources, get the facts, write good copy" mentality.  Cimini may be overly critical at times.  But I can at least read that style in his work.  And I'll take that over the garbage Mehta spews any day of the week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Millennials have been predicted to be the least wealthy of any generation thus far. A bunch of smart alec punks eating hot pockets, and breakfast waffle tacos who never got punched in the face because everything's on video. The wimpiest generation ever bar none.

You would think with all of the                     "technology" this generation would have done something more than create great video games and Vape weed in their parents basement?

All of us Boomers think it's pretty funny that you can't count change back because you don't have a calculator and that you'll be 50 years old and your greatest accomplishment is being a waiter at McDonald's. LMFAO.

OMG what do you do when the electric goes out and you can't press the button with the picture of cheese on it!?  

Milenials who have been fighting America longest war aka Afghanistan and the stupidest war aka Iraq are wimps? Right 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let’s see where the Jets are drafting.  Then JD needs to make a bet as to who is going to be available in the draft and FA.

Everyone talks about possibly re-signing Robby as if it were the Jets’ option.  The Jets’ bargaining power is basically ending.  I would think if they wanted to resign him they would have done it already.  

The Jets need a strong WR or LT from the draft, and they will need to sign a capable LT or WR that they don’t draft.  So JD has to figure out who is going to be available. 

It would appear that Thomas, Wirfs and Riggs can play T, although Riggs may be only RT.   It would also appear that Jeudy and Lamb can be WR1.   One of these five players will fall to the Jets.  Mocks are showing they QBs going high, as they should.  A QB like Love who is a “project” will go high because Mahomes, Watson and Jackson were also projects who fell.  

Plan A could be to sign Robby and plan on drafting BPA T.  Signing Beachum for fair money, and also a G and possibly C if there is one, could also be a good move.  

Plan B would be to plan on drafting BPA WR and signing as many FA OL as we can.  That is also a decent plan.  

Mac would draft one of the DL.  Hopefully JD does not do that.  

There are also good CBS and S that could fall to the Jets.  

One of Jeudy, Lamb, Thomas, Wirfs and Riggs will fall to the Jets.   Let’s see who JD signs.  
 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Exactly the millenial’s point when confronted with Boomer accusations.

It's pretty much a pot / kettle argument. The problem for the millenials and gen z is they will be the ones holding the potato when the debt train runs out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Millennials have been predicted to be the least wealthy of any generation thus far. A bunch of smart alec punks eating hot pockets, and breakfast waffle tacos who never got punched in the face because everything's on video. The wimpiest generation ever bar none.

You would think with all of the                     "technology" this generation would have done something more than create great video games and Vape weed in their parents basement?

All of us Boomers think it's pretty funny that you can't count change back because you don't have a calculator and that you'll be 50 years old and your greatest accomplishment is being a waiter at McDonald's. LMFAO.

OMG what do you do when the electric goes out and you can't press the button with the picture of cheese on it!?  

Take back what you said about my goddam breakfast waffle tacos!!!!!!!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The article has Anderson asking for $14M/year (too rich for my blood), and Jamal Adams "probably wanting to be the highest paid strong safety," (no source cited) at $15M/year. At those numbers, you have to start looking past both players. 

Cimini says Joe Douglas wanted a first and two seconds for Adams, and if someone wants to pony that up, that's hard to pass up. Fans want JD to fix this team thru the draft. Me too. Realistically, how many rookies can we really expect to make an impact in their first year? Cashman and Austin were nice finds from Mac last year, but that's not the norm. After the third round, you're drafting special teamers and developmental guys. Jets have a first, second and two thirds coming up. Big, big difference between that and two firsts, three seconds, and two thirds. I recognize that Jamal is a great player, but Rontez Miles could step right in and do most of what Adams does, and those three high picks could really help fix the OL, WRs, and pass rush. 

He also has the best case scenario in a Bell trade being a fourth round pick, and that would be with the Jets agreeing to eat a chunk of that contract. I'm sure JD will shop him, but he could easily decide that they're better off keeping him for the year. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Dude Millennials weren't born when we were fighting the war in Iraq..

They most certainly were.  The Millennial generation started in 1980.  The oldest Millennials were in their early 20's when the Afghanistan and Iraq wars started.  Before you rant and rave about how soft we are, maybe you should get your facts straight.  We took the brunt of the casualties in these wars.

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I don’t think you know what a milenial ja

Just so we can all be aware of who is what:

Baby boomers (also known as boomers) are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. The Baby Boom generation is most often defined as those individuals born between 1946 and 1964.

Generation X (or Gen X) is the demographic cohort following the baby boomers and preceding the Millennials. Researchers and popular media typically use birth years around 1965 to 1980 to define Generation Xers, although some sources use birth years beginning as early as 1960 and ending somewhere from 1977 to 1984

Millennials, also known as Generation Y (or simply Gen Y), are the demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. Researchers and popular media use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years, with 1981 to 1996 a widely accepted definition.

Generation Z, or Gen Z for short, is the demographic cohort succeeding the Millennials (or Gen Y). Demographers and researchers typically use the mid- to late-1990s as starting birth years, while consensus has not been reached on the ending birth years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Old tired way of thinking. Welcome to the new world 

In the new world we've had to dumb down education, and actually put pictures of lettuce tomatoes and cheese on the buttons at McDonald's. And they stopped teaching cursive in schools about 10 or 15 years ago so nobody can even sign their own name.

When I was a kid if you used a calculator in school it was considered cheating. This new generation relies on it!? Aside of video games, Netflix, Vaping, Trap music and breakfast tacos what has this generation contributed to anything at all!?

 Seriously... Anything?

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just so we can all be aware of who is what:

Baby boomers (also known as boomers) are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. The Baby Boom generation is most often defined as those individuals born between 1946 and 1964.

Generation X (or Gen X) is the demographic cohort following the baby boomers and preceding the Millennials. Researchers and popular media typically use birth years around 1965 to 1980 to define Generation Xers, although some sources use birth years beginning as early as 1960 and ending somewhere from 1977 to 1984

Millennials, also known as Generation Y (or simply Gen Y), are the demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. Researchers and popular media use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years, with 1981 to 1996 a widely accepted definition.

Generation Z, or Gen Z for short, is the demographic cohort succeeding the Millennials (or Gen Y). Demographers and researchers typically use the mid- to late-1990s as starting birth years, while consensus has not been reached on the ending birth years.

The original war with Iraq was the Persian Gulf War in 1991. That's what I was referring to. There were no 11 year old Millennials fighting in that war. That was George Bush and the night attack and where it all started.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

And they stopped teaching cursive in schools about 10 or 15 years ago so nobody can even sign their own name.

Other than for signatures, cursive handwriting in 2020 is both useless and stupid.  And be assured, no bank is actually looking at your signature or evaluating it for validity anyway, so even that limited use is mostly for appearances.

9 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

When I was a kid if you used a calculator in school it was considered cheating.

Also stupid.  Technology is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.  You still have to know how to use the tool to get to the right answer. 

I'll take a guy who knows Excel inside and out over a guy who can do longhand long division. 

9 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

This new generation relies on it!? Aside of video games, Netflix, Vaping, Trap music and breakfast tacos what has this generation contributed to anything at all!?

 Seriously... Anything?

Are you seriously asking what has been invested since 1965 (i.e. post-Boomers)?

Answer:  Alot.  And more every day.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

The original war with Iraq was the Persian Gulf War in 1991. That's what I was referring to. There were no 11 year old Millennials fighting in that war. That was George Bush and the night attack and where it all started.

Respected older America, you might want to just stop validating Kevin's idiocy, and give up on being this guy:

572789d5246406.54263691.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Real men got dropped at Normandy. This generation flies drones so they don't get hurt and don't have to make a sacrifice. Millennials are about as tough and scary as a wiffle ball bat. Suck it you whiny little Momma's Boy pussies.
Oh no! They might be closing some vape shops!? I guess you can't smoke watermelon Vape anymore? Go do some f****** push-ups and dig a hole or something. Go help your father shovel the snow. Oh I mean your mom's new boyfriend.
I'll take any  three..50 year old real men and fight 20 Millennials any day. A bunch of underdeveloped, computer screen staring, don't hit me or I'll call the cops wiffle ball bat pussies!
 LMFAO you're goddamn soft! Your great grandfathers would be ashamed of you..


This always intrigued me. So the only way for men to be men is to go out and hold a gun and kill each other, be violent, call each other names, etc...


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Other than for signatures, cursive handwriting in 2020 is both useless and stupid.  And be assured, no bank is actually looking at your signature or evaluating it for validity anyway, so even that limited use is mostly for appearances.

Also stupid.  Technology is a tool, nothing more, nothing less.  You still have to know how to use the tool to get to the right answer. 

I'll take a guy who knows Excel inside and out over a guy who can do longhand long division. 

Are you seriously asking what has been invested since 1965 (i.e. post-Boomers)?

Answer:  Alot.  And more every day.

No I was actually seriously asking what's been since Y2K?  this generation now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

The original war with Iraq was the Persian Gulf War in 1991. That's what I was referring to. There were no 11 year old Millennials fighting in that war. That was George Bush and the night attack and where it all started.

That was getting Iraq out of Kuwait had you said that I would have agreed..The US and allies stopped once Iraq left Kuwait..

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

That was getting Iraq out of Kuwait had you said that I would have agreed..The US and allies stopped once Iraq left Kuwait..

It was 400 miles away I wasn't fact-checking. When you said Iraq I immediately thought of Saddam Hussein and 1991 and the air raid at night. That all culminated when we actually caught Saddam almost 15 years later by President Bush's son George W. To me the original war with Iraq not in Iraq started in the early 90s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Something to do with wrecking our economy and destroying the planet 

Lol really? 

More about a generation of unmotivated whiney slackers that chose to be poor. 

Hey at least you guys have ps4s and reddit. So thats something to build on

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Robbie is a useful though not great Wr.  He should be brought back but not if he wants too much money.

If his ask is too high he can go.

Bell?  I do not see anyway he leaves, Can;t cut him due to cap penalties.  No one is going o trade for him.  Teams do not pay backs that much money, especially coming off this past year.

Problem is we don’t have better options than resigning Robby

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Lol really? 

More about a generation of unmotivated whiney slackers that chose to be poor. 

Hey at least you guys have ps4s and reddit. So thats something to build on

I know plenty of middle aged people who are poor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

 Real men got dropped at Normandy. This generation flies drones so they don't get hurt and don't have to make a sacrifice. Millennials are about as tough and scary as a wiffle ball bat. Suck it you whiny little Momma's Boy pussies.

Oh no! They might be closing some vape shops!? I guess you can't smoke watermelon Vape anymore? Go do some f****** push-ups and dig a hole or something. Go help your father shovel the snow. Oh I mean your mom's new boyfriend.

I'll take any  three..50 year old real men and fight 20 Millennials any day. A bunch of underdeveloped, computer screen staring, don't hit me or I'll call the cops wiffle ball bat pussies!

 LMFAO you're goddamn soft! Your great grandfathers would be ashamed of you..

Hahahaha real men. You know nothing about modern war clearly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Problem is we don’t have better options than resigning Robby

Well Wr is one position that can have immediate impact from the draft.

I'm not paying a #2 Wr #1 wr money just because we are desperate.  Let some other team make the mistake.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...