Cimini is a duntz

kevinc855

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

And the Boomers took the brunt of the casualties in the Vietnam War, the war in which casualties were like 10X the amount in Iraq/Afghanistan..combined.

I'm a Boomer that is still active in the US Navy and serve along with the Millennials to this day.  The military Millennials aren't soft, which is probably why they 'volunteered' for service.

Bringing military service into this discussion was pretty stupid to begin with, but both Boomers and Millennials have served in LONG ASS wars is all I'm trying to say lol.

Well when a boomer tries to call Milenials Privileged  lazy etc and we are the volunteer military unlike the Vietnam draft generation who have been fighting two wars for over 15 years you need to get checked 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTM said:

I know people that have mini arsenals expecting the breakdown of society anyday now.

tbh, with 21T in fed debt, countless more in unfunded liabilities and non fed public debt + personal and college debt out the wazoo, something has to give at some point. I don't think they are entirely off base. I think like 8% of fed budget is paying interest on debt right now, that will only keep going up leaving less and less money for government services.

I've never so much as held a gun but I've been considering getting one

Down boy, things are not as bad as you think.  For all the talk of the debt, the GDP has been going up year after year.  The critical number is government debt to gdp, and that is only increasing slightly.  There are a lot of countries out there who have worse numbers than we do and they are nowhere near collapse.  Don't start digging yourself a bunker just yet.

debt to gdp 2012 thru 2018.jpg

6 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Down boy, things are not as bad as you think.  For all the talk of the debt, the GDP has been going up year after year.  The critical number is government debt to gdp, and that is only increasing slightly.  There are a lot of countries out there who have worse numbers than we do and they are nowhere near collapse.  Don't start digging yourself a bunker just yet.

Servicing debt on Monopoly money with real money is only one of our many problems. I’m not going full CTM, but I think we’re 1% closer to his future than yours.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

Cute only going back 6 years, that same data @50 years paints a much different picture. (Below)

Still, a 1% increase of debt to GDP for the past 6 years is in fact big deal, when many economists say I believe 77% is when things spiral out of control. 

And none of the below data includes the looming fiscal disaster of mass amounts of boomers retiring and taking thier tax income with them. Ar the same time the will  cost a fortune in health care / social security as they will live longer than any of those models were predicted to handle.

The ss / Medicare age should've been raised 2 decades ago. In 1935 when SS enacted life expectancy for men was like 60 and women 64. Now we have 72 yo boomers getting 100k heart valve replacement fully covered by Medicaid (my fathers friend just had this done). Hes not an outlier, my dad is getting hip surgery in a couple weeks, fully covered.

united-states-government-debt-to-gdp@3x.

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Cute only going back 6 years, that same data @50 years paints a much different picture. (Below)

Still, a 1% increase of debt to GDP for the past 6 years is in fact big deal, when many economists say I believe 77% is when things spiral out of control. 

And none of the below data includes the looming fiscal disaster of mass amounts of boomers retiring and taking thier tax income with them. Ar the same time the will  cost a fortune in health care / social security as they will live longer than any of those models were predicted to handle.

The ss / Medicare age should've been raised 2 decades ago. In 1935 when SS enacted life expectancy for men was like 60 and women 64. Now we have 72 yo boomers getting 100k heart valve replacement fully covered by Medicaid (my fathers friend just had this done). Hes not an outlier, my dad is getting hip surgery in a couple weeks, fully covered.

united-states-government-debt-to-gdp@3x.

Feeding the Meme: Yet Again, China’s Indigenous Innovation ...

IBTL

Personally, I love a good economics debate.  Probably the wrong forum for this but we definitely need to get a grip on deficit spending and reducing the federal debt.  I yearn for the 90s when we at least had a nice debate on the merits of the balanced budget amendment.   

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, batman10023 said:

And his generation didn’t put folks thru college. Lol. That’s student loans crisis  

Lol my ass.  I'm putting my kid through college right now and another in three years.  Also I'm not a boomer...I'm 46.  But I know when to show respect to a generation that worked harder, did more, got their hands dirty and improved the world by leaps and bounds.  And if the present generation thinks their entitled to cheap college, remember most boomers din't go to college...they took on a trade.  There are a ton of job openings for carpenters, heavy equipment operators, electricians, HVAC technicians, plumbers, elevator mechanics, etc.  And no student loans to bear.  But again, callouses and blisters are a mark of shame nowadays.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Lol my ass.  I'm putting my kid through college right now and another in three years.  Also I'm not a boomer...I'm 46.  But I know when to show respect to a generation that worked harder, did more, got their hands dirty and improved the world by leaps and bounds.  And if the present generation thinks their entitled to cheap college, remember most boomers din't go to college...they took on a trade.  There are a ton of job openings for carpenters, heavy equipment operators, electricians, HVAC technicians, plumbers, elevator mechanics, etc.  And no student loans to bear.  But again, callouses and blisters are a mark of shame nowadays.

Hey man I am same age as you. 

so no fight in the generational wars.  But they are coming.  The young feel the boomers have destroyed this country with shipping jobs overseas, no wage growth, high student loans, high housing costs etc.  remember when boomers were in college you could get by with working part time and some small loans.  Housing wasn’t  6x your salary. 

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

exactly who? names.

Jets should not be in the business of letting talent walk or trading away talent for draft picks.

Until I see JD’s draft skills, I don’t want to trade proven players for magic beans/lottery tickets.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, jgb said:

Jets should not be in the business of letting talent walk or trading away talent for draft picks.

Until I see JD’s draft skills, I don’t want to trade proven players for magic beans/lottery tickets.

Proven players, like Robby, whose skills seem to be improving year by year.  He's developed a very good set of hands, very useful for a guy who can get behind the defense.

On 12/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, Greenbloodblitz said:

In the new world we've had to dumb down education, and actually put pictures of lettuce tomatoes and cheese on the buttons at McDonald's. And they stopped teaching cursive in schools about 10 or 15 years ago so nobody can even sign their own name.

When I was a kid if you used a calculator in school it was considered cheating. This new generation relies on it!? Aside of video games, Netflix, Vaping, Trap music and breakfast tacos what has this generation contributed to anything at all!?

Seriously... Anything?

Other than their incomprehensible sense of entitlement, have a hard time answering that question.