Should There Be a Playoff Mandate in 2020

CrazyCarl40

Playoff Mandate 2020  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a Playoff Mandate in 2020

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But at the same time, Gase will have served his purpose. The team is playing better, they’re about to load up the roster, and Darnold has shown some reasonable improvement. The Jets head coaching job is better today than it was when Gase took it, which was no small task. If the team goes to hell and they fire him at the Bye next year, they’ll be in better shape entering the hiring pool. 

He got rid of Macc. So yes, he improved the team. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2019 at 2:07 PM, SAR I said:

Agreed.  I'm confident that after the season Darnold will let it slip that he wasn't himself until Week 8 or 9.  It's what we were told by the doctors back in September.  Spleen was the first danger.  Second was a customary slow recovery.

SAR I

One of my friends got mono a few years ago. Hes a triathlete, does Ironman and other crazy races. It took him 6 months after recovery to just put up decent times in races. I wouldn't be shocked if he is still feeling the after math of mono

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

One of my friends got mono a few years ago. Hes a triathlete, does Ironman and other crazy races. It took him 6 months after recovery to just put up decent times in races. I wouldn't be shocked if he is still feeling the after math of mono

It often takes a full year to recover 100% from mono. You can still see it in Sam's build and arm strength. Sure they cleared him to play, but it has been quite obvious that Sam wasn't the same.  I'm looking forward to seeing him fully healthy next August.

• Upvote 2

On 12/26/2019 at 2:07 PM, SAR I said:

Agreed.  I'm confident that after the season Darnold will let it slip that he wasn't himself until Week 8 or 9.  It's what we were told by the doctors back in September.  Spleen was the first danger.  Second was a customary slow recovery.

SAR I

It is very possible that he's not himself yet. Mono re)covery timeline varies but is quite long for FULL recovery. Being cleared to play doesn't tell you much. Hes lost strength for sure. Next summer everyone will see what we have. Patience.

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2019 at 11:35 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Many here think this is a playoff roster if not for injuries and that this late season “surge” is the needle pointing up. So. Should Chris Johnson mandate the playoffs in 2020 or not?

First, this is an excellent off-season thread. Thank you.

Second, to answer your question, yes there should be a playoff mandate in 2020 for Adam Gase. This team when it gets everyone back healthy, along with having capable kicker to start the season, and an improved offensive line play should make the playoffs. The division is up for grabs in 2020. It's the start of a new decade and a new king of the AFC East will be chosen. I hope it's the Jets.

• Upvote 1