Bell refusing to take another HGH test

prime21

He's been passing every test with flying colors and at this point he is just being targeted. I get it. It sucks. I don't know what the NFL is doing. This does not make them look good. But he pretty much has no choice. Unless, you know, he wants to get suspended/fined, etc. etc. 

Jets' Le'Veon Bell on Being Asked to Take HGH Blood Test: 'I Bet I Don't'

MIKE CHIARIDECEMBER 27, 2019

ARCHIVO El corredor de los Jets de Nueva York Le'Veon Bell en el juego ante los Giants del 10 de noviembre del 2019. El jugador no será castigado después de que fue visto jugando bolos el sábado tras ser enviado a casa por los doctores del equipo con gripa. (AP Photo/Steven Ryan)
Steven Ryan/Associated Press

New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell suggested Friday that he would not comply with the NFL's request to take an HGH blood test.

Bell tweeted a photo of the NFL's drug test prompt in his locker with the caption: "I bet I don't."

Back in November, Bell tweeted that he would not partake in another random drug test for the remainder of the season after being tested five times in 10 weeks:

After refusing to sign his franchise tender with the Pittsburgh Steelers and sitting out the entire 2018 season, Bell signed a four-year, $52.5 million contract with the Jets.

His first season in New York has been a struggle, as he has rushed for just 748 yards (3.3 yards per carry) and three touchdowns while catching 61 passes for 425 yards and one score. The Jets are just 6-9 as a team.

Bell is a three-time Pro Bowler and two-time first-team All-Pro, and although he has been suspended twice during his NFL career, neither was for performance-enhancing drugs.

The 27-year-old was suspended for two games in 2015 as a member of the Steelers for violating the NFL's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse and then suspended for three games in 2016 for a similar violation.

Bell and the Jets will look to end their 2019 season on a high note when they face the playoff-bound Buffalo Bills in a Week 17 road clash on Sunday.  

17 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s fed up getting tested. I feel him but did you sign that dotted line and receive the money most of us dream of?

you did?

okay then, whip it out for this cup.

And he's willing to give up a portion of that money and take a suspension .

Folks with that kind of money can afford to say no when things go too far. 

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Bell is putting himself before the team by refusing to take a drug test. Bell not taking that test gets him suspended. Bell getting suspended hurts the team. Bell refusing to take that test hurts the Jets. Bell is wrong. Jets need more WE players, not ME players. 

Bell not playing does not hurt the team

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yay a suspension. totally okay to do that to the team.

look, i’ma BIG Bell fan. I think he’s said everything right this year, he hasn’t had a real chance to be him without an OL, and I definitely wanna give him a shot next year instead of trading him.

but dude... it’s week 17..just take the last stupid ass test and let’s get back to business next year with no lingering issues from the league.

As a fan I can understand this position. However, this is business for the player. That's just the reality. Fans can talk about how they feel, but they cant deny it. Im not saying you dont have a point, but it's business and sometimes as a player you have to draw a line in the sand. Let them know what you're willing to accept and not accept. 

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets' Le'Veon Bell on Being Asked to Take HGH Blood Test: 'I Bet I Don't'

MIKE CHIARIDECEMBER 27, 2019

ARCHIVO El corredor de los Jets de Nueva York Le'Veon Bell en el juego ante los Giants del 10 de noviembre del 2019. El jugador no será castigado después de que fue visto jugando bolos el sábado tras ser enviado a casa por los doctores del equipo con gripa. (AP Photo/Steven Ryan)
Steven Ryan/Associated Press

New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell suggested Friday that he would not comply with the NFL's request to take an HGH blood test.

Bell tweeted a photo of the NFL's drug test prompt in his locker with the caption: "I bet I don't."

Back in November, Bell tweeted that he would not partake in another random drug test for the remainder of the season after being tested five times in 10 weeks:

After refusing to sign his franchise tender with the Pittsburgh Steelers and sitting out the entire 2018 season, Bell signed a four-year, $52.5 million contract with the Jets.

His first season in New York has been a struggle, as he has rushed for just 748 yards (3.3 yards per carry) and three touchdowns while catching 61 passes for 425 yards and one score. The Jets are just 6-9 as a team.

Bell is a three-time Pro Bowler and two-time first-team All-Pro, and although he has been suspended twice during his NFL career, neither was for performance-enhancing drugs.

The 27-year-old was suspended for two games in 2015 as a member of the Steelers for violating the NFL's Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse and then suspended for three games in 2016 for a similar violation.

Bell and the Jets will look to end their 2019 season on a high note when they face the playoff-bound Buffalo Bills in a Week 17 road clash on Sunday.  

Wait, they tested him 5 times in 10 weeks and havent found anything this season, nor have they ever found anything in the past? And for some reason they want to test him again? 

Bell will stand his ground, just like he did his holdout, and fans will turn on him for it. 

43 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Bell is putting himself before the team by refusing to take a drug test. Bell not taking that test gets him suspended. Bell getting suspended hurts the team. Bell refusing to take that test hurts the Jets. Bell is wrong. Jets need more WE players, not ME players. 

90 % of the NFL is ME players .

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s fed up getting tested. I feel him but did you sign that dotted line and receive the money most of us dream of?

you did?

okay then, whip it out for this cup.

Exactly.  It’s not too much to ask considering how much money he makes 

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  It’s not too much to ask considering how much money he makes 

It's all relative at this point.  I don't think Bell minds getting tested.  It's how often and how many times comparatively to the rest of the league. The CBA says you can be tested up to 6 times during the season.  This is Bells 6th time.   And I think the league average is 3. So I'd love to see the # of players that have been tested all 6 times with Bell.   What pattern is there?  is it random?   Just curious, he might have an argument.  He might not

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

It's all relative at this point.  I don't think Bell minds getting tested.  It's how often and how many times comparatively to the rest of the league. The CBA says you can be tested up to 6 times during the season.  This is Bells 6th time.   And I think the league average is 3. So I'd love to see the # of players that have been tested all 6 times with Bell.   What pattern is there?  is it random?   Just curious, he might have an argument.  He might not

I understand that it must be annoying.  However when you make that much money I don’t think it should be a huge issue 

• Upvote 1