Jump to content

Ask me anything. I know things.


Zachtomims47
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, deucebag said:

This reality of Sam being a mature version of Mark Sanchez just ruined my Holidays.  I had always hoped he was an intelligent football junkie and his poor decisions were more due to poor play design or read errors by the WR.  My denial is now over.

I hate to be the guy who welcomes you to “the club”, but welcome, my friend.

Here’s the bright side though. Gase isn’t a fan boy, he’s a coach. He knows what the kid can and cannot do. He has him throwing a ton of short, quick passes, which limits his decisions, helps cut down on his mistakes, and almost completely takes away the chances of him throwing many ints.

When he sticks with that, Darnold is good. His weaknesses become apparent when he has to occasionally mix in the medium and especially the long balls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pac said:

If the Jets don't re-sign Robby then it was idiotic not to trade him for anything they could at the deadline.  Not sure I buy it.

If the point was to see how he played the rest of the year then he's won.  He's performed well and earned a nice contract. 

If they let him go even after he proved his worth, then what the hell was the point of giving him the opportunity?  They should have taken a 3rd or 4th and moved on.

 

 

What if JD deemed that what was offered for Robby was not enough to overcome the opportunity cost of losing Sam's best target. Also, say if only a 4th was offered could it be JD felt we would get a compensatory pick for losing Robby that was barely worse than what we would have gotten in a trade?

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, deucebag said:

What if JD deemed that what was offered for Robby was not enough to overcome the opportunity cost of losing Sam's best target. Also, say if only a 4th was offered could it be JD felt we would get a compensatory pick for losing Robby that was barely worse than what we would have gotten in a trade?

Sam’s best target was Crowder, and should have been Bell.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Not sure I buy this..  a lot of smart people - like Mensa smart - have been adamant that Joe D will jump at a 1st and 4th for Adams and it would be a STEAL for the Jets if offered. 

staring dj khaled GIF by iHeartRadio

nobody is offering a first for Jamal in Feb/march.. so you can file this away under "choose your adventure 2019"

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

More questions:

- Are there any OLinemen currently on the roster they think can start
next year?

- Why has the running game struggled all year?
  a. OLine not good?
  b. OLine injuries?
  c. Scheme?
  d. Bell lost a step?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can back up a lot being said...if it calms anyone's doubts.  Particularly what was said about Robby and Jamal.

Since it's going to be the big topic in this thread, no, Gase doesn't think Sam "is an idiot".  He's hard on the kid, and all of his QBs.  The two of them have a genuinely great relationship and Adam believes that the sky is the limit on what they can accomplish with some genuine talent.  Like it or not, I think this is a big reason Gase will be back.

 

Any idea if Joe Douglas is truly behind behind Gase being the answer for Darnold and HC of NYJ? 

Or is he just biding his time to hire his own coach?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Any idea if Joe Douglas is truly behind behind Gase being the answer for Darnold and HC of NYJ? 

Or is he just biding his time to hire his own coach?

From what I understand, they have a good relationship.  That being said, this whole notion that Douglas "owes" Gase or that Gase is entirely safe while Douglas is in charge is incredibly overblown.  If Gase doesn't get the job done next year, I don't expect him to be back.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

From what I understand, they have a good relationship.  That being said, this whole notion that Douglas "owes" Gase or that Gase is entirely safe while Douglas is in charge is incredibly overblown.  If Gase doesn't get the job done next year, I don't expect him to be back.

I figured that friendship angle was hype. Douglas seems like his own man.

That’s all I needed to here. I feel Gase has earned a shot next year given everything that happened this season.

But yea, next year the team and Darnold need to look damn good for Gase to be back 2021.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Eric Allen

 

Eric Allen the most reviled employee on the payroll? May be the least surprising thing I’ve read in my lifetime. Still trying to figure out why he has such a job and even got what amounts to a promotion on the execrable Adam Gase show. 

Why are you allowed to do this btw?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I hope so, but the only reason I decided to chime in because I saw people getting carried away with the "Sam is an idiot" quote without reading the whole sentence, which was that it's just Gase being hard on the kid lol, so who knows?

I don’t think anyone actually took the idiot thing literally.

What I took from it was that Gase gets frustrated with Darnold for not being able to always make what he considers simple reads.

Everyone here knows Darnold doesn’t have the same amount of experience playing the position a lot of 2nd year QBs do. I could see Darnold having those type of issues, and Gase being frustrated with it, but that doesn’t mean he’s giving up on him.

That said, you know how these things go. People “read” what they want to read. You see a sentence and interpret it one way, the person next to you might have a preconceived notion, and read it completely different. He “read” it, and that’s what he’s going to believe.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

There's 5-6 FA WR guys i can think of that will give you the same production at the half the cost.... this team needs to go after a proper X, and not continue to rely on complimentary receivers

Please name them for me because I'm at a loss. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Will Douglas try to fix the OLine in free agency then go BPA in
the draft?

Not sure how he’ll do it, just know it’s a top priority to protect Sam. 

 

47 minutes ago, KRL said:

More questions:

- Are there any OLinemen currently on the roster they think can start
next year?

- Why has the running game struggled all year?
  a. OLine not good?
  b. OLine injuries?
  c. Scheme?
  d. Bell lost a step?

I would say Beachum and Lewis at the least. Don’t think Douglas thinks highly of Shell. 

Mostly A and B. Mostly the constant rotation of guys dealing with injuries. That’s hard for any team. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I don’t think anyone actually took the idiot thing literally.

What I took from it was that Gase gets frustrated with Darnold for not being able to always make what he considers simple reads.

Everyone here knows Darnold doesn’t have the same amount of experience playing the position a lot of 2nd year QBs do. I could see Darnold having those type of issues, and Gase being frustrated with it, but that doesn’t mean he’s giving up on him.

That said, you know how these things go. People “read” what they want to read. You see a sentence and interpret it one way, the person next to you might have a preconceived notion, and read it completely different. He “read” it, and that’s what he’s going to believe.

Exactly. 

All that quote means is that Gase is being hard on his 2nd year kid, as he should be when expectations aren't met.  Nothing more, nothing less.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, RobR said:

Please name them for me because I'm at a loss. 

PLAYER (82)
POS.
AGE
FROM
TO
GP
SNAPS
REC
YDS
YDS/REC
TD
FUM
2019 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
A.J. Green WR 32 CIN TBD               $15,000,000 UFA Market Value
Larry Fitzgerald WR 37 ARI TBD 15 844 71 759 10.7 4 1 $11,000,000 UFA -
Emmanuel Sanders WR 33 SF TBD 16 813 63 844 13.4 5   $11,000,000 UFA Market Value
Devin Funchess WR 26 IND TBD 1 36 3 32 10.7     $10,000,000 UFA -
Amari Cooper WR 26 DAL TBD 15 789 75 1,097 14.6 8   $5,665,779 UFA Market Value
Randall Cobb WR 30 DAL TBD 14 682 50 747 14.9 3 2 $5,000,000 UFA Market Value
Danny Amendola WR 34 DET TBD 14 612 60 662 11.0 1   $4,500,000 UFA -
Travis Benjamin WR 30 LAC TBD 5 192 6 30 5.0     $4,250,000 UFA -
Breshad Perriman WR 26 TB TBD 13 604 31 511 16.5 5   $4,000,000 UFA -
Chester Rogers WR 26 IND TBD 12 414 16 179 11.2 2 2 $3,095,000 UFA -
Robby Anderson WR 27 NYJ TBD 15 879 49 761 15.5 5 1 $3,095,000 UFA Market Value
Demaryius Thomas WR 32 NYJ TBD 11 469 36 433 12.0 1   $2,906,000 UFA -
Geronimo Allison WR 26 GB TBD 14 571 31 270 8.7 2 1 $2,800,000 UFA -
Matthew Slater WR 34 NE TBD 15 21           $2,600,000 UFA -
Phillip Dorsett WR 27 NE TBD 13 556 28 347 12.4 5   $2,600,000 UFA -
Jarius Wright WR 30 CAR - 15 665 26 286 11.0     $2,500,000 CO -
Nelson Agholor WR 27 PHI TBD 11 706 39 363 9.3 3 2 $2,344,344 UFA -
Rashard Higgins WR 25 CLE TBD 10 178 4 55 13.8 1   $2,025,000 UFA -
Josh Gordon WR 29 SEA TBD 11 462 27 426 15.8 1   $2,025,000 UFA -
Seth Roberts WR 29 BAL TBD 15 537 21 271 12.9 2   $2,000,000 UFA -
Tavon Austin WR 29 DAL TBD 13 293 12 176 14.7 1 1 $1,750,000 UFA -
Dwayne Harris WR 32 OAK TBD 3 7 1 7 7.0     $1,600,000 UFA -
Russell Shepard WR 29 NYG TBD 3 76 3 25 8.3     $1,500,000 UFA -
Jaron Brown WR 30 SEA TBD 13 376 16 220 13.8 2 1 $1,500,000 UFA -
Cody Latimer WR 28 NYG TBD 14 359 22 288 13.1 2   $1,500,000 UFA -
Chris Hogan WR 31 CAR TBD 6 93 6 53 8.8     $1,450,000 UFA -
Jermaine Kearse WR 30 DET TBD               $1,350,000 UFA -
Geremy Davis WR 28 LAC TBD 7 83 3 38 12.7     $895,000 UFA -
Justin Hardy WR 28 ATL TBD 15 187 16 155 9.7     $895,000 UFA -
Ryan Grant WR 29 GB TBD 2 90 4 14 3.5     $805,000 UFA -
De'Anthony Thomas WR 27 BAL TBD 13 21 1 6 6.0   3 $805,000 UFA -
Jordan Matthews WR 28 SF TBD 3 140 4 33 8.2     $805,000 UFA -
Dontrelle Inman WR 31 IND TBD 6 178 11 175 15.9     $805,000 UFA -
Keelan Doss WR 24 OAK TBD 6 180 11 133 12.1     $795,000 ERFA -
Chris Moore
  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I hope so, but the only reason I decided to chime in because I saw people getting carried away with the "Sam is an idiot" quote without reading the whole sentence, which was that it's just Gase being hard on the kid lol, so who knows?

i don't care about that. If people are being to thick headed to understand the context of that remark, then go kick rocks i say...

More importantly/amazingly - people somehow think JD left the eagles to take a job as Adam Gase's bitch GM.... like are you kidding? seven figure job like that? He'll fire Adam in a second if he has to/wants to

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

You said 5-6 so you obviously have some targeted. Half of that list is on the verge of retirement and the rest can't put up the numbers even Robby is putting up this year on a sh*tastic offense. 

I've come to the conclusion - you over value Robbie. At least relative to where i value him (and like 75% of the board here, just assume he'll sign here for 12m/yr.... as it ever occured to anyone he might be counting down the days to gtfo of NY?)...

Demarcus Robinson for 4 million a year>>>>Robbie for 15. 

Dorsett done the same thing Robbie does... for probably 3-4 million a year. 

Sanders if he makes it out.

I'd actually rather start Keelan Doss over Robbie.

Rashard Higgins too. 

There's plenty of other journeymen WR3s i'd pay 4-5 milly a year over getting hamstrung to a Robbie Contract for 15 million a year for a guy who's main attribute here is running posts and flags all day. 

Thats the nature of being the deep threat guy... everyone loves them until it's time to pay... 

  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I'm still astounded Jet Fans are as attached to Robbie as they are.

  • Tons of "wtf" moments from him off the field
  • Presents like he's living in his own personal reality show called ballers life.
  • Will want 14-16+ milly a year in his new contract
  • disappears for huge stretches of time (excuses be damned)
  • is FAR better running certain routes than others
  • poor contested catch success
  • Has the frame of my 15 year old friend... (back when i was 15, you sickos)

There's 5-6 FA WR guys i can think of that will give you the same production at the half the cost.... this team needs to go after a proper X, and not continue to rely on complimentary receivers

Curious what FA receivers you think will give you similar production.  I am not saying overpay for Robbie, just curious on your assessment.  Also something to be said about his chemistry with Sam and that Gase seems to like him.

 

Edit: just caught up with posts and saw your list.   I am not a big Robbie guy, but given age and chemistry with Darnold, I would keep him for 10 to 12m.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Demarcus Robinson for 4 million a year>>>>Robbie for 15. 

Dorsett done the same thing Robbie does... for probably 3-4 million a year. 

Sanders if he makes it out.

I'd actually rather start Keelan Doss over Robbie.

Rashard Higgins too. 

That is also a giant list of fail when it comes to replacements.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I think you're undervaluing Robby because he is one of the best deep threats in the league that has shown he can run some other routes successfully. 

Lets go contract first. Even if he signs for $12 mil a year we'll never be locked into it and I can't see it longer in duration than four years. He's not signing some crazy Julio Jones contract that burdens your team for years.

The development of Sam. Do we really want to risk bringing in four new receivers, two that will more than likely be rookies for Sams third year? We're supposed to be building this offense, not letting good young players at a crucial position walk away for diksquat. 

It's only monetary resources to keep him and we'll have plenty of room with good cap management and a cap friendly contract. Every other top team does it and we're not paying Darnold for another two years.

 

I just don't think he's special. He's kind of a tool, too. There's players who can bring a lot of what he does into the fold at half the price. The only thing you said there that really resonates with me - is the continuity piece. Yes, ideally it would be best to keep him for another year at least and see where things go.... but i don't see the contract being anything but Robbie-friendly. He can go out and get as much if not more from other teams in better shape than us. 

I don't know if he really bailed out Sam a ton either this year TBH.... I feel like griffin and crowder did more of that. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a few questions.

1) Do you believe there's a good chance gulac is replaced this off-season and is Sal Alosi ever mentioned as a potential replacement?

2) What is the perception of Robbie Anderson's development as a route runner inside the building? It seems to me he's grown a lot.

3) On a scale of 0 to F--K, about how rich would you say you are?

 

@Samtorobby47

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I just don't think he's special. He's kind of a tool, too. There's players who can bring a lot of what he does into the fold at half the price. The only thing you said there that really resonates with me - is the continuity piece. Yes, ideally it would be best to keep him for another year at least and see where things go.... but i don't see the contract being anything but Robbie-friendly. He can go out and get as much if not more from other teams in better shape than us. 

I don't know if he really bailed out Sam a ton either this year TBH.... I feel like griffin and crowder did more of that. 

If Sam makes three better throws this year Robby is close to going over 1000 this year and 7-9TD's. He's not a number 1 but he's being covered like one. I'd love too see him with a complete group.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...