Ask me anything. I know things.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

If Sam makes three better throws this year Robby is close to going over 1000 this year and 7-9TD's. He's not a number 1 but he's being covered like one. I'd love too see him with a complete group.

Robby could also not give up on routes and have a better attitude in the locker room.

Personally, I don't know if giving him money is a good idea.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Robby could also not give up on routes and have a better attitude in the locker room.

Personally, I don't know if giving him money is a good idea.  

I have no clue how he is in the locker room as a teammate but when they flash to the sidelines it seems like they like him.......it's telling. Also think the giving up on routes is way overblown....I've seen him give up his body a bunch of times for the catch.

FTR I think it's a foregone conclusion he leaves anyway.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, deucebag said:

What if JD deemed that what was offered for Robby was not enough to overcome the opportunity cost of losing Sam's best target. 

That crossed my mind but if that's true then we have a different problem.  A GM can't let emotion and what ifs get in the way of sound business decisions.  It's not like the 1-7 Jets were tearing it up with Robby who was barely contributing so I don't think this argument holds water.

I do however agree with you that if he's already done the math on what they plan on spending/losing and the net result of losing Robby results in a comp pick, then it's not so bad.

30 minutes ago, RobR said:

If Sam makes three better throws this year Robby is close to going over 1000 this year and 7-9TD's. He's not a number 1 but he's being covered like one. I'd love too see him with a complete group.

Part of my stance is driven by me personally not liking him... I know - who cares, but i cant' shake this desire to slap robbie upside the head, tell him to learn grade 1 grammar and stop acting like you're the world's best kept secret. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Part of my stance is driven by me personally not liking him... I know - who cares, but i cant' shake this desire to slap robbie upside the head, tell him to learn grade 1 grammar and stop acting like you're the world's best kept secret. 

Robby... 

R-o-b-b-y

Those who knock his supposed lack of intelligence look a tad foolish when they constantly misspell his name. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

There were way to many names on your list just because you liked them during the process. I get it because it sometimes takes years to truly flesh out, but Robby has been consistent since day one playing on a crap O with mostly crap QB's, and crap OC's.

Fact #1. Of all people you should know this but most WR's don't test very well on the wonderlic. If they can ball, they can ball and that is all that matters.

It's funny seeing the posters comparing Vyncint to Robby just because they have the same height and speed....if only it was that easy.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, RobR said:

I have no clue how he is in the locker room as a teammate but when they flash to the sidelines it seems like they like him.......it's telling. Also think the giving up on routes is way overblown....I've seen him give up his body a bunch of times for the catch.

FTR I think it's a foregone conclusion he leaves anyway.

Robby gets beat to a lot of balls because he’s so painfully weak. It’s part of why he’s not a #1, and it doesn’t appear as though he’s going to get better at at. Still, if he’ll sign for 3/$30mm/$20 gtd? He’s probably worth that. Problem is, you’re spending a lot on receivers and you don’t have a guy who even resembled a #1

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Robby gets beat to a lot of balls because he’s so painfully weak. It’s part of why he’s not a #1, and it doesn’t appear as though he’s going to get better at at. Still, if he’ll sign for 3/$30mm/$20 gtd? He’s probably worth that. Problem is, you’re spending a lot on receivers and you don’t have a guy who even resembled a #1

What are our options? Bring back Robby whom Darnold has some chemistry with for around 12, or go into camp with Crowder as our number one and whomever we draft and sign in free agency? Then we can add in 3-4 new offensive lineman and let the excuses begin because our offense sucks yet again.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I find it telling that Gase has become more protective of Robby as the season has gone on. He was vocally critical of him early on and now he’ll say that Robby is getting open and Sam is failing to get the ball to him. He’s better this year and he goes over the middle now. I think his actual production plus a lack of other reliable player on the offense makes him worth at least $10 million a year.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, RobR said:

What are our options? Bring back Robby whom Darnold has some chemistry with for around 12, or go into camp with Crowder as our number one and whomever we draft and sign in free agency? Then we can add in 3-4 new offensive lineman and let the excuses begin because our offense sucks yet again.

Well, I’d trade a certain safety and use the Cowboys pick on a receiver, personally. But if I’m spending $12 on Robby, I might think about spending $17 on Amari Cooper instead.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I find it telling that Gase has become more protective of Robby as the season has gone on. He was vocally critical of him early on and now he’ll say that Robby is getting open and Sam is failing to get the ball to him. He’s better this year and he goes over the middle now. I think his actual production plus a lack of other reliable player on the offense makes him worth at least $10 million a year.

Probably. I still think he leaves too many plays on the field, particularly in the end zone. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, I’d trade a certain safety and use the Cowboys pick on a receiver, personally. But if I’m spending $12 on Robby, I might think about spending $17 on Amari Cooper instead.

If that's what it takes I'd be fine because he's a plug and play, although I'd rather draft one on a cheap contract and save the 5-6 and term by keeping Robby. This is the year for WR's so lets keep what we have and draft the next up and coming Cooper. This draft is loaded with them but they'll end up going fast.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

If that's what it takes I'd be fine because he's a plug and play, although I'd rather draft one on a cheap contract and save the 5-6 and term by keeping Robby. This is the year for WR's so lets keep what we have and draft the next up and coming Cooper. This draft is loaded with them but they'll end up going fast.

I’d like to pair Darnold with a few of those small forward types like Tee Higgins. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, RobR said:

He's criminally underrated....it will change soon.

I think Gase sees Higgins and feels a tingle. The more of Higgins I see the more he reminds me of Demaryius Thomas. He can post up and he can catch those screens that become 6 yards and beat up cornerbacks.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think Gase sees Higgins and feels a tingle. The more of Higgins I see the more he reminds me of Demaryius Thomas. He can post up and he can catch those screens that become 6 yards and beat up cornerbacks.

Yet he couldn't do jack with Devante Parker. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I just don't think he's special. He's kind of a tool, too. There's players who can bring a lot of what he does into the fold at half the price. The only thing you said there that really resonates with me - is the continuity piece. Yes, ideally it would be best to keep him for another year at least and see where things go.... but i don't see the contract being anything but Robbie-friendly. He can go out and get as much if not more from other teams in better shape than us. 

I don't know if he really bailed out Sam a ton either this year TBH.... I feel like griffin and crowder did more of that. 

You don't think Robby is special, so why do you think he'll get paid twice as much as players who can deliver close to his production? What's driving his price, in your opinion? 

I like what I see of Robby on the field, and I like that he's kept his nose clean off the field, but if he still doesn't have the trust of his coaches and teammates, they should probably let him walk. If he signs a $14-16M contract like some are suggesting here, I hope JD has a plan in place to sign one less free agent than he loses. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was just looking this up: Robby Anderson has a relatively putrid catch rate of 55%, and Davante Parker is actually even worse than that (54.7). Tough to build an offense around guys like that 

Stop looking at the numbers and watch them on every play. I'd kill to have a Devante Parker on our roster next year and he would be a true #1 if Gase could figure out how to use him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Stop looking at the numbers and watch them on every play. I'd kill to have a Devante Parker on our roster next year and he would be a true #1 if Gase could figure out how to use him. 

If you’re only coming down with the ball half of the times it’s thrown at you, I’m not sure you can be the focal point of an offense, though. You’re a complementary deep threat.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re only coming down with the ball half of the times it’s thrown at you, I’m not sure you can be the focal point of an offense, though. You’re a complementary deep threat.

Like I said just watch the player. If healthy and used correctly he has a huge upside even though his career was impeded by injuries. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Not sure how he’ll do it, just know it’s a top priority to protect Sam. 

I would say Beachum and Lewis at the least. Don’t think Douglas thinks highly of Shell. 

Mostly A and B. Mostly the constant rotation of guys dealing with injuries. That’s hard for any team. 

Jets fans have been conditioned to have ZERO faith in the organization's scouting department.

What, if anything besides new personnel, has changed in Florham Park to offer us hope that the drafting will be better the next few years?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I can back up a lot being said...if it calms anyone's doubts.  Particularly what was said about Robby and Jamal.

Since it's going to be the big topic in this thread, no, Gase doesn't think Sam "is an idiot".  He's hard on the kid, and all of his QBs.  The two of them have a genuinely great relationship and Adam believes that the sky is the limit on what they can accomplish with some genuine talent.  Like it or not, I think this is a big reason Gase will be back.

The posts that I deleted had nothing to do with football.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I would cut Quincy, hopefully get Robby for less than what you listed and they need to develop a # 1 through the draft. Wishful thinking I know.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I was just looking this up: Robby Anderson has a relatively putrid catch rate of 55%, and Davante Parker is actually even worse than that (54.7). Tough to build an offense around guys like that 

You don't suppose that Robby's low catch rate is because a lot of long passes get thrown his way due to his ability to get behind the defense?

10 hours ago, slats said:

You don't think Robby is special, so why do you think he'll get paid twice as much as players who can deliver close to his production? What's driving his price, in your opinion? 

I like what I see of Robby on the field, and I like that he's kept his nose clean off the field, but if he still doesn't have the trust of his coaches and teammates, they should probably let him walk. If he signs a $14-16M contract like some are suggesting here, I hope JD has a plan in place to sign one less free agent than he loses. 

Good point, highlights a bit of a double standard on my part. I think he’ll land a good contract because of his age/ability and someone falling in love with the idea of his lid lifting skills. Maybe 14-15 is too high, lord knows I wouldn’t pay that. T Williams contract is what I expect. 

i just don’t love the player I guess. Never bonded with him.