Ask me anything. I know things.

How did Gase and the team react to the “Fire Gase” airplane and clown billboard?

Any insight into the coaching staff’s thoughts on Le’veon?  Do they not like him?   

What things that you can share do you think the average fan would be surprised to learn about?  (Basically what do you know that we’re not asking about but should)?

How much input into actual decision making do you think Joe D will take from a 2-time member of the Jets’ Fan Advisory Board?

Is Adam Gase the absolute lunatic that he appears to be in his smelling salts video?   (Where he sniffs then in a preseason game, apparently to stay awake).  Is ownership concerned about Gase’s stability as a person?

Does Gregg Williams yell a lot?  Do you get the sense the defense likes him or are they burning out on his style?

How much input has Woody had in things while he’s been away? Does CJ run everything by WJ?  And now that WJ is coming back, do you think he’s going to take over from CJ or will they be more of a team going forward?

16 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Not sure about individual players on Gase. Don’t think they really feel any which way about him. Front office guys felt the poor season wasn’t his fault, due to the injuries and all that happened. 

With Jamal it’s love/hate thing. The drama during the deadline was frustrating, players don’t like his antics and attitude when things get tough. And the comments he made about never being a loser and such. But when he plays as good as he does, you kinda just deal with it because he’s backing it up on the field. 

Gase thinks Darnold is an idiot often, missing easy reads and such but I think this is just being hard on him, not that he doesn’t like him. 

Dont think a ton of guys like Robby. I’d be shocked if he’s brought back. Due to a number of reasons. He’s not smart and he’s not the type of guy Douglas preaches being here. It’s all about him, with things. Giving that kinda guy money is dangerous. 

Not sure about plans moving forward. Too early from my stand point. I’m not Douglas right hand man lol. But I know he’ll be going hard at fixing the oline. Gase knows that too. 

Thanks for taking the time to share your insights. 

I'm not necessarily a Gase fan, but I'm glad the FO isn't reading and taking Manish D'Sousa press as anything more than trash.  That bodes well. 

It doesn't surprise me at all that Jamal pisses people off.  He's so obviously a me-first jerk, I'd be shocked, if/when he's gone, that we don't hear an avalanche of quotes about what an ass he was.

As you describe it, Gase sees Darnold the same way I do.  Guy needs to learn a lot more about just playing QB.  He can wow when he improvises, but just doesn't fully get the position at this point.  I hope that changes.  Is the team all-in on Darnold at this point?  I'm sure they're not drafting a QB this year, but do you get the feel they're still evaluating, or that they think they're set for the long-term?

I am surprised about Robby.  Seems like he can be a dope, but everything I've seen makes me think he's a decent kid who just didn't have much of a foundation.  I respect that the team is afraid to pay him, but I'll be disappointed to see him go.

Glad to hear about the Oline, though this should come as a surprise to no one.  Were you there during Macc's time, any reason you think the Oline was so neglected?

15 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Gase is awesome in the building and to everybody. So yes he does :)

Not surprising.  Public and private personas can be very different.

Low. Like I said they’d really have to sell CJ on it. If they did to someone say the Cowboys I could see Douglas not leaving that deal without one of their OL. It’s gonna have to be a big deal. 

This is disappointing.  Not just that the odds are low, despite the fact that I think they should get value and a SS is never worth paying the kind of money he'll demand, but because CJ has to be "really sold."  This means that ownership is still too involved in football, and CJ wanting Adams may be more about "star" and jersey sales than what's best for a winning product.  Doesn't bode well for hard decisions to come, not just with Adams.

Hence when I’m trying to vague-ish. I’m also a fan of the team so it’s hard to not wanna share things when you’re close to the team. So yeah, don’t get me fired guys. 

Feel free to PM me anything you don't want to share with the board ;).

Thanks again.  The only thing I can think of right now that hasn't been addressed is QW.  What is the feeling around the building re: him?  Is he seen as disappointing, as he is to a lot of fans?  Do they view him as just needing more time?  Any insight here would be very interesting.

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The most !!!! part of these reveals is that Gase seems to be fairly respected in the building and among the team. You would not have expected that. 

As hard as I’ve been on Gase from even before day 1, of the two positives I’ve seen from him, this is one of them. It’s clear watching the team on sundays over the past few weeks that your point sticks.

34 minutes ago, slats said:

I wasn't looking to nail anyone. @Paradis always has good thoughts here and I appreciated his response. 

In a lot of ways your point reminds me of how so many on here are willing to move Jamal cause of reasons like low impact position, attitude etc - yet conversely think other teams will be throwing 1st rounders at us. 

if Robbie signed for 10/yr I wouldn’t bat an eye. Good. Just don’t value him enough to go higher. 

ps. I’m gonna throw down in buffalo tomorrow. I love you all if I don’t make it out alive. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

As hard as I’ve been on Gase from even before day 1, of the two positives I’ve seen from him, this is one of them. It’s clear watching the team on sundays over the past few weeks that your point sticks.

And I’ll admit that I thought he’d have burned a lot of bridges in the building by now, but it’d be a fair trade if the offense looked perky. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

In a lot of ways your point reminds me of how so many on here are willing to move Jamal cause of reasons like low impact position, attitude etc - yet conversely think other teams will be throwing 1st rounders at us. 

if Robbie signed for 10/yr I wouldn’t bat an eye. Good. Just don’t value him enough to go higher. 

ps. I’m gonna throw down in buffalo tomorrow. I love you all if I don’t make it out alive. 

Good analogy, and fair. I'm in that boat, but that's mostly because I'm reading things like JD holding out for a first and two seconds, or a first and a starting OL, from the Cowboys for him. I certainly wouldn't pay that, but I'd love to collect. And it is similar. Jamal is a pro bowler and a star. I could see an outsider valuing him higher than I do. I could see Cowboy fans on board, too, expecting to plug & play a replacement on their OL with little drop-off, and adding The Prez! While I think the Jets could plug & play Adams' replacement, and that first, OL, and/or two seconds would be huge when it comes to filling all the holes this team has. 

As far as Robby is concerned, I think they have to go with their gut. My concerns are purely character, as I like what he brings on the field, and appreciate that he's kept on the right side of the law for a couple years now. But if behind the scenes his teammates, coaches, trainers, the secretaries, etc., all think he's still a knucklehead who's cleaned up his act just enough to not get arrested anymore, then they probably have to let him walk. If that's not the case, and there are a good number of (the right) people in the building who like and trust him, then <$12M/year with no guaranteed money after the second would be fine with me. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Can you give us any insight into the whole Macc getting fired after the draft and FA thing?  Was that planned all along? Why not fired Macc right after the end of last season and let the new GM run the draft and spend $100M in FA?  And why not have a HC in place who will be in agreement about the players being signed/drafted?

How does the organization view Sam?  Do they see him as a FQB?

Is there any "Same Ole Jets" negativity that you sense anywhere within the organization?  Do you get the sense that players feel proud to be a Jet?

For practical purposes, is Gase viewed by the defense as their HC or do they think of him as a "glorified OC" (and they feel like Gregg Williams is their real coach)?

Do you have any sense about if Joe D has the ability to fire Gase and/or Gregg Williams?  Or is that left up to the Johnson bros?

40 minutes ago, TJ said:

I made the exact same post and it was deleted by Max.  He must like you better.

No, there was another post that caused it to get deleted. Someone took thingsbin another direction. It was easier to delete everything and get the thread back on topic.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The most !!!! part of these reveals is that Gase seems to be fairly respected in the building and among the team. You would not have expected that. 

Or this guy could have been instructed by Gase, and the Jets to start this kind of thread to counter the stupid Manish article ?‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Or this guy could have been instructed by Gase, and the Jets to start this kind of thread to counter the stupid Manish article ?‍♂️

There is no way Adam Gase cares what anyone on this godforsaken website thinks of him to the extent that he’d employ an agent of disinformation to sign up here and pad his image.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

No, there was another post that caused it to get deleted. Someone took thingsbin another direction. It was easier to delete everything and get the thread back on topic.

Just kidding, Phil.  I thought it was something like that.   Didn't intend racial stuff, just Monty Python and the Holy Grail. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I can back up a lot being said...if it calms anyone's doubts.  Particularly what was said about Robby and Jamal.

Since it's going to be the big topic in this thread, no, Gase doesn't think Sam "is an idiot".  He's hard on the kid, and all of his QBs.  The two of them have a genuinely great relationship and Adam believes that the sky is the limit on what they can accomplish with some genuine talent.  Like it or not, I think this is a big reason Gase will be back.

My problem with Gase as it pertains to Darnold is that I don't feel like Gase has (nor am I sure he ever will) maximize Darnold's talent/skillset. At times I feel like he's running the offense as if Darnold is Peyton Manning, and Sam is a completely different type of QB IMO

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Expected the comment... the commenter, perhaps less so.

Glad I could simultaneously fulfill expectations while still managing to surprise you a bit :D

I knew it was coming too but wanted to be first, I get to deprive others as a bonus lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There is no way Adam Gase cares what anyone on this godforsaken website thinks of him to the extent that he’d employ an agent of disinformation to sign up here and pad his image.

You think? People are so dumb. Gase above most other coaches I’ve seen doesn’t seem like he ever takes his nose out of the playbook long enough to even read criticism or even browse the internet. People may dislike him but he is a pro’s pro in that regard.

• Upvote 1