Matt Miller Jet Rumor

SR24

2 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Confessuon, at 1st, I read that as "Matt Millen Jets Rumor"

I had a chance to not only meet Matt Millen but he ended up giving me some pointers way back in the day. Couldn't meet a nicer guy that truly cared about the sport.

• Upvote 2

You fine folks might want to tune into FS1 in 50 minutes then and take a good hard look at #74 in black and gold.

If this rumor is true(I think it's probably very realistic whether or not he truly has a connected source) Wirfs would be one of two very realistic options in that range.

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You fine folks might want to tune into FS1 in 50 minutes then and take a good hard look at #74 in black and gold.

If this rumor is true(I think it's probably very realistic whether or not he truly has a connected source) Wirfs would be one of two very realistic options in that range.

Sure will..plus Austin Jackson LT USC on at 8pm. Will check him out as well.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

How will I ever be able to change the channel when Kellen Mond is playing right now?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I was watching A&M/Georgia I believe a few weeks back and couldn't help but recall the hype around him and how he has not lived up to it.

i watched a few of their games this year and he has been beyond awful in every one of them.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, SR24 said:

While I agree with LT being priority idk if I’m thrilled to hear we’re gonna let Robby walk and not use an early pick on a weapon for Sam. Hopefully it’s just some smoke 

How can you have sat through this season and seen what you have seen and now tell me you are ok with the Jets NOT use their top draft pick on a Blue Chip LT prospect? I just don't get it. 

I still think the Jets target WR in Rd. 2 or 3 but I have ZERO issue with them focusing in on O-line in Rd. 1. Dangerous WRs in their prime hit FA WAY more often than top LTs in their prime. If you have a need at the position and you have any chance at all to draft a top LT prospect, you do it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

it's literally not even 2020.... still have some juniors to declare, still have senior bowls, and playoff bowls and fcking combines and pro days, etc etc...

Anyone prognosticating anything outside of a fart, is just making stuff up. This time 2 years ago, 90% of the board had Kirk Cousins penciled as QB1 here. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, PepPep said:

How can you have sat through this season and seen what you have seen and now tell me you are ok with the Jets NOT use their top draft pick on a Blue Chip LT prospect? I just don't get it. 

I still think the Jets target WR in Rd. 2 or 3 but I have ZERO issue with them focusing in on O-line in Rd. 1. Dangerous WRs in their prime hit FA WAY more often than top LTs in their prime. If you have a need at the position and you have any chance at all to draft a top LT prospect, you do it. 

Early for me is rnd 1-2. You’re not gonna get tears from me if we draft a LT in the 1st round lol free agency looks weak for WR, can’t let Robby walk and then just hope the 3rd or 4th rounder we draft can walk right in and produce. 

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

it's literally not even 2020.... still have some juniors to declare, still have senior bowls, and playoff bowls and fcking combines and pro days, etc etc...

Anyone prognosticating anything outside of a fart, is just making stuff up. This time 2 years ago, 90% of the board had Kirk Cousins penciled as QB1 here. 

LOL

I repped you for this post because it's true, but c'mon man what else are we going to talk about at this point in time?

Think we've got enough "Gase sucks" threads.  lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

T0m Shane & Jamal Adams is the equivalent of T0m Shane & Matt Miller tweets.

Jamal Adams is my #number #one ranked player. He is the #best player in the draft. A real culture changer. The Jets #win this first round with the #absolute #steal at #6. 

52 minutes ago, flgreen said:

LOL

I repped you for this post because it's true, but c'mon man what else are we going to talk about at this point in time?

Think we've got enough "Gase sucks" threads.  lol

lol fair enough... i don't mind the speculation  - i do it too!.... But it's the "so and so said, so it must be true" reactions that almost have me scratching my head. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Would you want him protecting Sam?

I'm all for O-Line in the 1st, but I'm starting to really get the feeling Douglas is going to force the pick. I don't want to take a lineman just because if there are better players available.

I'll be a bit bummed if we pass up on CeeDee Lamb for the 4th best OT

• Upvote 1

I had a chance to not only meet Matt Millen but he ended up giving me some pointers way back in the day. Couldn't meet a nicer guy that truly cared about the sport.

It’s a shame, Matt Millen was a great player, and I thought he was a great game announcer. His entire legacy was destroyed running the Lions, people completely forget who he was prior. Shame.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

It’s a shame, Matt Millen was a great player, and I thought he was a great game announcer. His entire legacy was destroyed running the Lions, people completely forget who he was prior. Shame.

His draft picks had something to do with that but agree he was a great player and announcer, but any news of him joining the Jets FO would be nucular for me, move the team to north korea  and be done