Don Imus R.I.P.

Oh no! crappy sad news. I know it's off topic but I'm sure lots of the guys on here would want to know.

Funny thing, I actually discovered Mike and the Mad Dog when they were at Jets camp after listening to Imus one morning. I had a crappy old 1984 Ford van that only came with an AM radio.. my work truck.

Anyway Imus in the Morning was funny s*** for years.. he had a lot of great guests. Dude was an icon. Rest in peace.

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2019 at 8:56 PM, King P said:

Never forgot what him calling the Rutgers female basketball team "nappy headed hoes"

So good riddance

Im a howard guy, well an old school howard guy.

the thing about that comment i dont get is that it wasnt that bad. He and howard said a million things like that and worse outright usingbthe n word and for some reason imus got killed for that comment

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I can't wait til Monday when Howard comes back from Vacation to hear his commentary,

Me too! Prediction: hollywood howie takes the high road and refrains from taking pleasure in his death. He may even say it made him think about his own mortality

14 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Missed it. Anything?

Yeah... you should try to get it on replay Thursday or Friday but basically Fred hates the guy, Robin said Imus called her the N word multiple times and  Howard played tapes where Imus called Howard a Jew bastard.  Howard did say RIP but made it clear he did not like Imus and was not going to pretend all was OK.   Much less respectful than I anticipated. 

• 3 weeks later...