Jump to content
heymangold

Robbie wants 10M+

Recommended Posts

I believe Cimini called this... not my idea... but

The Jets could sign ROBBY AND draft another WR 

they pay Robby the WR 1 money pay the WR 1 his measly rookie deal and when Robby stops being good you pay WR 1 his due and find a new WR 2 

Crowder being the slot WR 3 obviously 

Most likely what happens is they let Robby walk because they are cheap/don't trust Robby after a big pay day. And the one thing that makes them feel good about doing it is Vyncynt Symythe 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

Well it's pretty simple for me to say if Robbie wants $10 mil a year his days as a Jet are gone.  Vyncent Smith is a good candidate to replace him. If we get the OL straightened out that opens up the TE's to be more involved.  

If they resigned Robbie for $10m they could turn around and trade him and his contract the next day for a 3rd rounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jgb said:

If they resigned Robbie for $10m they could turn around and trade him and his contract the next day for a 3rd rounder.

I love that idea.  It would be the equivalent of getting a compensatory pick (but better, since it would be earlier than a 3rd round compensatory selection).  And if its a 2020 pick, it would be a year ahead of schedule.  

Perhaps a team that missed out on one of the WR's they liked in the draft would make a deal like that with us.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

What are you thinking? 12-15?? He can **** off for that much. 

$12MM even, with 1 year guaranteed, and I still jump on the best WR I can get in the draft. Today I don't know of anything else locker-room wise that could/would change my mind (but would come out if the Jets don't match or make an offer), but if they consider him a good teammate, sure. If another million is required because of bidding, and we're still not locked in for more than a year.

Who cares about a one-time cost of $2-3MM (if it's even that much) over your ideal capping him at $10MM? You think this team won't eventually piss away that $3MM and more on players you've never heard of? Especially if they sign a lesser veteran WR at $6-8MM, then also sign another one or two more at $3-4MM apiece because the first one isn't really that great.

What other veteran WR do you want instead? I don't know of any current 1st team AP WRs who'll reach FA (and want to sign with the Jets above all others). The likelihood is it'll only be 1 fully guaranteed season, followed by annual team option seasons thereafter. 

I get the romantic idea of drafting a WR with our top pick and he turns into an instant superstar, but the truth is few WRs are superstars as rookies, we don't know who'll be available in our draft slot until after FA is over, and anyway we still need another starting WR even with Anderson re-signed; without Anderson we need two more, and c'mon we're not starting Crowder and two rookies. 

If Amari Cooper is available, OK I choose him at $20MM/year over Anderson at $12MM, if we can get him to sign here over Miami, Dallas, etc.

Name your second choice. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jgb said:

If they resigned Robbie for $10m they could turn around and trade him and his contract the next day for a 3rd rounder.

Well we will find out what JOE D has in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

$12MM even, with 1 year guaranteed, and I still jump on the best WR I can get in the draft. Today I don't know of anything else locker-room wise that could/would change my mind (but would come out if the Jets don't match or make an offer), but if they consider him a good teammate, sure. If another million is required because of bidding, and we're still not locked in for more than a year.

Who cares about a one-time cost of $2-3MM (if it's even that much) over your ideal capping him at $10MM? You think this team won't eventually piss away that $3MM and more on players you've never heard of? Especially if they sign a lesser veteran WR at $6-8MM, then also sign another one or two more at $3-4MM apiece because the first one isn't really that great.

What other veteran WR do you want instead? I don't know of any current 1st team AP WRs who'll reach FA (and want to sign with the Jets above all others). The likelihood is it'll only be 1 fully guaranteed season, followed by annual team option seasons thereafter. 

I get the romantic idea of drafting a WR with our top pick and he turns into an instant superstar, but the truth is few WRs are superstars as rookies, we don't know who'll be available in our draft slot until after FA is over, and anyway we still need another starting WR even with Anderson re-signed; without Anderson we need two more, and c'mon we're not starting Crowder and two rookies. 

If Amari Cooper is available, OK I choose him at $20MM/year over Anderson at $12MM, if we can get him to sign here over Miami, Dallas, etc.

Name your second choice. 

I wouldn’t want Cooper for $20m, I’d take Anderson’s at $12m instead. The UFA WRs aren’t that good this year. I believe the Jets also have to resign Thomas. They can’t lose both Anderson and Thomas. Not sure how they’re going to pull off keeping both plus be able to sign other players and bring in needed FAs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I wouldn’t want Cooper for $20m, I’d take Anderson’s at $12m instead. The UFA WRs aren’t that good this year. I believe the Jets also have to resign Thomas. They can’t lose both Anderson and Thomas. Not sure how they’re going to pull off keeping both plus be able to sign other players and bring in needed FAs. 

Jets basically have no choice but to go for cooper. Huge cap space, desperate need, general inability to draft WRs or entice marquee FAs with options to come here. That said he Will probably become an effing patriot.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets basically have no choice but to go for cooper. Huge cap space, desperate need, general inability to draft WRs or entice marquee FAs with options to come here. That said he Will probably become an effing patriot.

Let him become a patriot. They’re done. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

Let him become a patriot. They’re done. 

farmer knocks GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t see Biadasz lasting that long but I’d love to get him and a OT with the first two picks. 

Yeah I am not sure he will be there either.  There is a chance, but it's a small one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 million dollar receivers can break free from initial contact and run for the first down. They don’t fall down on first contact

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I'll bet on Adams over the draft picks.  We know what he is vs what we hope someone will be.  I get it, who wouldn't want two really good players over one?  But not only are the picks unknowns, we have no idea if Douglas has a clue when it comes to drafting players.

Fair enough. I’m content to agree to disagree.

Sad tho, just IMO, how many have zero faith in Douglas already. ☹️

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only way to build through the draft is to draft well (and UDFA), let the grow, and then sign him for the next 4+ years after his rookie contract. Sign the man; draft an OL and possibly WR and CB; sign another WR in FA - you have a young QB who has built chemistry with Robbie; yeah, let's blow all of that for a 10+ contract. What WR stud do you think you are going to get for that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 6:06 PM, heymangold said:

Surprised there isn’t a post about everyone’s favorite and how much money he wants.  Surprising since he’s never been a 1K receiver in his career.  I’d imagine he won’t be resigning here then.

The smart fan knows you don't pay him that money. This is the most classic bad team move you can make, pay a guy who is likely to disappoint you money on the hope he is good to compliment your WR1 that you don't have.

All to match a coach who was paid on ho wepe he would be good. And has already not lived up to what you paid him to do.

Please Joe D let him walk!!?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I wouldn’t want Cooper for $20m, I’d take Anderson’s at $12m instead. The UFA WRs aren’t that good this year. I believe the Jets also have to resign Thomas. They can’t lose both Anderson and Thomas. Not sure how they’re going to pull off keeping both plus be able to sign other players and bring in needed FAs. 

Can I decline both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 million over a 5 year contract - absolutely.

Robbie is a great role player/#3 receiver. He is not a #1 or a #2.

He's also an idiot on and off the field.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crowder makes 9.5, Enunwa got 9
 
someone will give him 10

And they should. I would put $11.3 per for 4/5 $30 guaranteed on the table and be willing to go to $12 mil.
Robbie is a damned good ball player and has proven it through some of the worst Jets years in our sad history.
All the guys talking about him being a problem child have been forced to quiet that chorus no matter how attached to the narrative someone was.
He’s a good team player, has not complained for a minute(that I’ve heard), has very solid hands and is as fast as they come.

Let’s not forget that the OL troubles that we have had take away Robbies game more than any other receiver. He plays deep. If the play can’t develop then he is first to feel it. His route tree has expanded nicely as a result.

I see no reason to create another hole on the team when we have an above average young player sitting in our locker room.

Pay him. Give him Kalil’s $8.4 to start.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fair enough. I’m content to agree to disagree.
Sad tho, just IMO, how many have zero faith in Douglas already. ☹️

I have all of the faith in the world for JD if that helps.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think you're way light thinking he should get 8-10. We could have gotten that as an extension while he was locked in at far less, but not with him earning free agency freedom. 

Williams, with almost identical production, got $11MM as a UFA a year ago. Anderson's not going to take $8-10MM per year from the Jets, and forgo the juicy bidding wars that come with free agency, after another year of cap/contract inflation is tacked onto what Williams got.

Not unless he and his agent both have pudding for brains and each is currently eating out of the other's skull just as the Jets' lowball offer comes through.

Your probably right.  And that's why, IMO, it's unlikely he'll be a Jet next year.

He's worth 8-10 M, if he's asking north of that, and he will be.........................bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, talisaynon said:

10 million dollar receivers can break free from initial contact and run for the first down. They don’t fall down on first contact

And they fight for contested throws. Let him walk, with his multiple off field issues and attitude he'll turn into a problem if the Jets sign a long term contract. He's not worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a ridiculously deep draft at WR.  Where the Jets are positioned in the draft, they could take one of if not the top WR prospect and the comeback and take another in the 3rd with the extra pick.  WR, OL, OL+WR.  Could change this thing really quick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the NY Jets need to let RA walk in free agency. 

We cannot overpay an underachieving WR we need  consistent production from the position to help Sam Darnold. 

RA thanks for the memories. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vyncint Smith is the same player and 3 years younger.  They both ran a 4.36.  Resign Thomas on the cheap.  Smith, Thomas, Crowder, Berrios and the stud they draft this year will be just fine.  Good bye Mr. Anderson.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would not sign Robbie for much more than he made this year.  He just does not make contested catches. His route running has improved but he is very marginal IMO. Plus Vyncint Smith is showing consistent improvement and is ERFA, I am not even sure I ask Robbie what he wants. I let him come back to me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think the NY Jets need to let RA walk in free agency. 
We cannot overpay an underachieving WR we need  consistent production from the position to help Sam Darnold. 
RA thanks for the memories. 

Yes, let’s “help” Sam by sticking him with 1 good receiver next year (crowder) and letting the only other proven one go. It worked so well when we did the same with Sanchez. Anyone have Chaz Schilen’s number?
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JetFreak89 said:


Yes, let’s “help” Sam by sticking him with 1 good receiver next year (crowder) and letting the only other proven one go. It worked so well when we did the same with Sanchez. Anyone have Chaz Schilen’s number?

Proven?  RA numbers are mediocre Crowder had a better season we need a WR who runs better routes, gets physical for the ball..RA is not a game changer. I keep him only if the price is right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Proven?  RA numbers are mediocre Crowder had a better season we need a WR who runs better routes, gets physical for the ball..RA is not a game changer. I keep him only if the price is right. 

Do you know what deep threat WR’s rely on to do their job? An offensive line and an accurate deep ball QB.

If the Oline can’t hold blocks for longer than 2 seconds (see the first half of the season) then they basically take RA off the field. I’m a big Darnold fan but can still admit he left at least 3 TD’s on deep balls to Robby on the field. It’s was probably closer to 5 but just thinking the ones I specifically remember. As soon as Sam missed those 3 games, you know Robbie’s numbers were not going to be good, especially paired with our o-line.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 seasons less than 14 games in a 7 year career yeah terrible 

I think you are missing my point, he was on IR in both 2015 and 2016 which was right during his contract negotiations. I’m saying that he likely got less than his value if he was otherwise completely healthy.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...