heymangold

Robbie wants 10M+

8 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Do you know what deep threat WR’s rely on to do their job? An offensive line and an accurate deep ball QB.

If the Oline can’t hold blocks for longer than 2 seconds (see the first half of the season) then they basically take RA off the field. I’m a big Darnold fan but can still admit he left at least 3 TD’s on deep balls to Robby on the field. It’s was probably closer to 5 but just thinking the ones I specifically remember. As soon as Sam missed those 3 games, you know Robbie’s numbers were not going to be good, especially paired with our o-line.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Im all for re-signing him if he doesn't price himself out of here. He is not worth #1 WR money. 

Right now, I would lean towards paying Robby and drafting a WR in round 1. 

Robby isn't a stud, but he's an improving young player with the ability to blow the top off the defense. Pairing him with another good WR in round 1 would be ideal and a potentially big step forward for this offense

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Robby isn't a stud, but he's an improving young player with the ability to blow the top off the defense. Pairing him with another good WR in round 1 would be ideal and a potentially big step forward for this offense

I agree if the price is right. 

The Jets have had the chance to sign Robby, and Jenkins, and Beachum.   They signed Griffin the TE.

During the season a player could get hurt.  The player is incentivized to sign with their current team and take some guaranteed money, and the current team is the only team allowed to sign them.  In that situation the current team has the bargaining power. 

The Jets no longer have bargaining power with their FAs.  They can sign with the Jets or another team.  They will take the best offer unless they don’t want to move.

Robby will move back to Miami most likely, and the Dolphins will look like idiots for giving him that contract.   I give him a lot of credit for keeping clean for the last year or so-he must have very good handlers who are going to get paid.  But once he gets paid in Florida, its all over.  

I said it since this past free agency period.  Robby has very little value in this offense since his route running is average at best and his best asset is not a focal point of the offense.  Gase always runs his passing offense through the slot and that's why they prioritized Crowder in FA. You can't pay $10 million to a 4th option. I'm hoping Enunwa retires and the Jets recoup some cap space from that.  I like what I saw from Smith and Berrios.  Two young, cheap options that improved throughout the year. The first 3 options in the passing game next year will be Crowder,  Griffin/Herndon and Bell.  Darnold had the most success when those were his primary targets,  Anderson is an afterthought in this offense. No thanks

49 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I'd argue that Robby has plateaued at this point. There was no improvement this year in any aspect of his game.  He is still an average route runner who cannot make people miss in the open field.  He doesn't contribute in any other aspect of the team besides being a deep threat. He's got the speed of Desean Jackson and the elusiveness of Willie Roaf. 

7 hours ago, JetFreak89 said:

I think you are missing my point, he was on IR in both 2015 and 2016 which was right during his contract negotiations. I’m saying that he likely got less than his value if he was otherwise completely healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not sure how anyone was supposed to get that from “Keenan Allen also ends upon IR every other year.

More likely you’re attempting an elegant flip flop after being faced with facts... which I accept and respect!

smarft would be stay and add #1, but....  seeeing hes so devalued by the fanbase.

i hope robby goes. good destination possibilities?

detroit w/ golladay and stafford

new orleans w/ brees and thomas

arizona w/ murray and drake

miami w/ davante and fitz/tua

hmm

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Not sure how anyone was supposed to get that from “Keenan Allen also ends upon IR every other year.

More likely you’re attempting an elegant flip flop after being faced with facts... which I accept and respect!

I thought it was obvious I was being facetious but clearly my attempt at humor fell flat. In either case, I admit that he did burn me in fantasy both of those years so I'm probably holding on to some resentment from that time as well. 

I can’t count the number of times I see someone say if the price is right. The price is not going to be right- guaranteed..

We’re not re-signing him

5 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

I thought it was obvious I was being facetious but clearly my attempt at humor fell flat. In either case, I admit that he did burn me in fantasy both of those years so I'm probably holding on to some resentment from that time as well. 

Oh I understand got a lot of guys on my “never again” list. Tyreek Hill for example. Four times last two years knock out of game Q1 and lost by <5. Nope. He gone from my dynasty team.