2 days until Joe Douglas Season

Sarge4Tide

Joe Douglas?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you that Joe Douglas will do a great job this off season?

• Very Confident! No doubt he's the man for the job!
    • Somewhat confident! I'm optimistic!
    • I'm taking a "wait and see" approach
    • Somewhat not confident I'm not optimistic!
    • Not at all confident! I have a really bad feeling about this!

43 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Williamson / Winters / Tru / Roberts / Bell / Quincy / Shell are all goners.

Surprise cut I can Henry Anderson. DL has been great, and he has not. Unsure of the cap hit for him, but if its reasonable I can see him gone.

I think Robbie is a goner too. Someone will give him more $ than we’ll want.

I think they Re-sign Beechum / Draft Wirfs if he’s there. Wirfs at RT 2020 then LT 2021. I say re-sign Beechum because we can’t bank on finding our LT solution in the draft.

I think Douglas goes for BJ Finney, or re-signs Harrison, while still drafting a center.

I can see Douglas spending on Scherff. We’ll need a proven anchor on the right side of the line. Re-sign Lewis for LG.

Big money spending for Yannick who absolutely deserves it. Re-sign Jenkins.

They’ll re-sign Poole. They’ll give Jamal his monster deal. They need to sign an outside CB and draft one.

My fear is we won’t have any weapons for Darnold in 2020. Too many holes to fill, and we can’t solve them all in one off season. I think WR/RB will be sacrificed and looked at in the draft. 

But the OL definitely warrants the top priority, coupled with edge / corner.

Ok, well just to clear a few things up. 

Cutting Bell will take on a major cap hit and leave a hole at RB. Bell has an out next year where the cap hit is minimal, makes way more sense to cut him then, if that is what you want to do. 

Quincy has guaranteed injury $$$ so unless he retires cutting him also takes on a major cap hit, so it makes no sense, especially if there is potential that he could come back healthy and play. If he retires he leaves a ton of money on the table so he won't do that. 

Williamson does not make sense to cut, IMO. Yes, you clear 6mil in cap space but he is a very good ILB with coverage skills and both Burgess and Hewitt are liabilities in coverage and are FAs. If he is healthy, IMO, you just keep him and pair him with Mosley. 

Harrison is under contract so there is no need to re-sign him. Unless you are talking about extending him. 

Jamal is under contract so there is no need to re-sign him. Unless he holds out or you are talking about extending him. 

I'm all for re-signing Beachum but it seems like people have this notion that he will accept a team friendly short term deal. He may. He may not. He will at the very least want 8mil, IMO. And, to me, he is really not that good. If he wants anything more than a one year deal or any kind of deal where we are on the hook for money in future years I'm not doing it. He is simply not that good and I think will only get worse. That is just me though, I know a lot of people will disagree. But I would rather pay more for a better OT in FA, along with drafting one. I also really like Peat, who plays OG but has also played OT. He is versatile and could play either position. 

I believe cutting Henry Anderson will take on a cap hit as well. 

Was about to say confident and optimistic. Then I remembered the franchise I root for and went with wait and see though I am optimistic and think JD will do everything possible to revive the OLine. The defense needs talent and depth too but the Jets just spent a decade of high picks and FA money to perpetually rebuild the D with nothing to show for it (of course terrible picks/FA choices don't help either). Make the O-line Great Again. #MOGA

26 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Ok, well just to clear a few things up. 

Cutting Bell will take on a major cap hit and leave a hole at RB. Bell has an out next year where the cap hit is minimal, makes way more sense to cut him then, if that is what you want to do. 

Quincy has guaranteed injury $$$ so unless he retires cutting him also takes on a major cap hit, so it makes no sense, especially if there is potential that he could come back healthy and play. If he retires he leaves a ton of money on the table so he won't do that. 

Williamson does not make sense to cut, IMO. Yes, you clear 6mil in cap space but he is a very good ILB with coverage skills and both Burgess and Hewitt are liabilities in coverage and are FAs. If he is healthy, IMO, you just keep him and pair him with Mosley. 

Harrison is under contract so there is no need to re-sign him. Unless you are talking about extending him. 

Jamal is under contract so there is no need to re-sign him. Unless he holds out or you are talking about extending him. 

I'm all for re-signing Beachum but it seems like people have this notion that he will accept a team friendly short term deal. He may. He may not. He will at the very least want 8mil, IMO. And, to me, he is really not that good. If he wants anything more than a one year deal or any kind of deal where we are on the hook for money in future years I'm not doing it. He is simply not that good and I think will only get worse. That is just me though, I know a lot of people will disagree. But I would rather pay more for a better OT in FA, along with drafting one. I also really like Peat, who plays OG but has also played OT. He is versatile and could play either position. 

I believe cutting Henry Anderson will take on a cap hit as well. 

Wouldn't cut Bell. I meant trade him and take half his salary. And yes I meant extend Harrison.

Whatever happens I feel like we are going to lose Bell & Robbie, spend $ on OL / Edge / CB.

We are going to have holes at wr and rb...and only replace them with mid to low level free agents. Hopefully young ones with some upside at least. 

• Upvote 1

I’m cautiously optimistic mostly because he’s not Big Mac, but I’m staying reserved because his draft influence history with Philly is not good and he didn’t make great moves when he first arrived. Sure he’s found a couple of decent backups who’ve been thrust into starting roles which will be good for depth, but he’s going to make hay in the draft. His approach there will be what we judge him on. Wait and see. 

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

My fear is we won’t have any weapons for Darnold in 2020. Too many holes to fill, and we can’t solve them all in one off season. I think WR/RB will be sacrificed and looked at in the draft. 

I have the same fear. But a better offensive line makes the current weapons better.  At least that's how it's supposed to work i think

• Upvote 2

Fitz is a perfect back up a guy that can actually come in and win games.  In any case they need a viable good back up.  I donl;t want to hear the whines of gase lovers over the poor quality of people he has to work with.
I agree .. if your franchise QB can't beat out Fitzy ....is he really the guy ?????

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The guys that Douglas/Williams/Gase have scraped up off the street during the season have been better than the trash Maccagnan left behind after four drafts and burning a billion dollars in free agency. Kalil sucked, but guys like Maulet, Burgess, Alex Lewis, Vsyllables Smith, etc. have been solid trash-heap adds because the common theme is that they’re physical guys who like football, which will be a nice change from what we’re used to seeing.

Shameful slander of Darron Lee ?

Cautiously optimistic based on our needs. Macc was a dart thrower after the 1st round & had no rhyme or reasoning to his draft picks. Let me know the next time a team doubles up on safeties at #1 & #2, because it will never happen & probably never happened except to us.

WE NEED OFFENSE. Starting with Oline & WRs. We're set at TE with Herndon/Griffin/Wesco. We need a speedy young back to backup Bell who unless a team trade a #4 & takes on his salary will be a NY Jet next year. 

On defense we need a pass rusher badly (Ngokeou?). We all know the targets, JD just needs to pick the right ones. okuda is a f*cking stud CB & if JD signed 2 free agent Olineman & you were staring at Wirfs & Okuda what would you do? Chances are the CB would not be there but drafts are strange sometimes. Those two 3s, I see a Center/RB/WR or Guard there so BPA based on those positions. Then again, if Ettienne is sitting there's at #2?. Bell will not be a part of our competing future & Sam needs weapons. Ettienne could be a Marshall Faulk type back.

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

1st round - Derrick Brown - DT Auburn

2nd round - Dylan Moses - ILB Alabama

3rd round - Brandon Jones - SS Texas

3rd round - Jalen Hurts - QB Oklahoma

There, we are good to go.  Go Joe Go!

I get your point, but this guy, unlike the slob we took last year, is a real player.

• Upvote 1