Marrone getting fired

Anthony Jet

14 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The Title of this thread & the article you posted above contradict... the article states Marrone is Not getting fired.

Jaguars deny Doug Marrone firing in chaotic development

December 28, 2019 

The Jaguars said reports that head coach Doug Marrone was informed he would be fired “are 100 percent incorrect.”

Early Saturday morning, ESPN reported Marrone was told he would be axed following the regular-season finale Sunday against the Colts.

“Owner Shad Khan will meet with his football staff, which includes coaching and personnel, midweek next week,” Khan’s spokesman said in a statement Saturday.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if Marrone ends up canned, with the Jaguars 5-10 this season; however, many teams wait until after the regular season to inform coaches of their fate.

Marrone hasn’t been to the playoffs since the 2017 season, when the Jaguars lost to the Patriots in the AFC Championship.

“I’m truly sorry I let so many down, that I couldn’t have done a better job,” Marrone said on Christmas Eve. “For our fans who are so disappointed and our sponsors, I truly take responsibility and apologize. It’s the holiday time, and you want your team to be doing well, so people can have some pride or joy. And that’s my job, and I haven’t done that.”

If Marrone is fired, he would become the second Jaguars boss to be axed following executive vice president (and former Giants coach) Tom Coughlin earlier this month.

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The Title of this thread & the article you posted above contradict... the article states Marrone is Not getting fired.

Jaguars deny Doug Marrone firing in chaotic development

December 28, 2019 

The Jaguars said reports that head coach Doug Marrone was informed he would be fired “are 100 percent incorrect.”

Early Saturday morning, ESPN reported Marrone was told he would be axed following the regular-season finale Sunday against the Colts.

“Owner Shad Khan will meet with his football staff, which includes coaching and personnel, midweek next week,” Khan’s spokesman said in a statement Saturday.

It wouldn’t be a surprise if Marrone ends up canned, with the Jaguars 5-10 this season; however, many teams wait until after the regular season to inform coaches of their fate.

Marrone hasn’t been to the playoffs since the 2017 season, when the Jaguars lost to the Patriots in the AFC Championship.

“I’m truly sorry I let so many down, that I couldn’t have done a better job,” Marrone said on Christmas Eve. “For our fans who are so disappointed and our sponsors, I truly take responsibility and apologize. It’s the holiday time, and you want your team to be doing well, so people can have some pride or joy. And that’s my job, and I haven’t done that.”

If Marrone is fired, he would become the second Jaguars boss to be axed following executive vice president (and former Giants coach) Tom Coughlin earlier this month.

A7893324-CE8A-4C37-9236-70BCF430288F.png

• Upvote 1

Of course, you can read something into the fact that the Jags merely contradicted the report that Marrone was informed he was getting fired-conspicuously leaving open the possibility that he will be fired soon.  Usually, if a team comments on reports that the coach is getting fired, it's to affirm that the team still has confidence in the coach and will keep him.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Ha!  And just think of Mehta hadn't published that article... we might not have ended up with Bowles. 

Wait... this post didn't go like I wanted it too.

still think Marrone would have done a better job and he would have fit the script better - hard nose, player coach, hard nose, etc...

instead the Jets went from motivational BS camp to country club

• Upvote 1