Jets DC Gregg Williams isn't looking to leave NY this offseason

joewilly12

Jets DC Gregg Williams isn't looking to leave New York this offseason

usatsi_13786652-e1577502688430.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
13 hours ago

Gregg Williams has made it clear that New York is where he wants to be.

Williams spoke to reporters on Friday and was asked if he would be interested in a head-coaching job if the opportunity presented itself this offseason. However, Williams stated that he is perfectly comfortable in his position as the Jets’ defensive coordinator.

Inhabit;ord=8391393576343.676;dc_seg=756255014?

“I love it here,” Williams said.

Williams has done a superb job with New York’s defense this season. His unit has been depleted by injuries beginning with the loss of starting inside linebacker Avery Williamson in August, but is still one of the better defenses in the league. New York is 19th in points allowed per game, seventh in total yards allowed, 15th in pass defense and second in run defense.

Williams has plenty of head coaching experience. Last season, he was the interim head coach for the Browns and was in the running to be the full-time coach before Cleveland decided to go with Freddie Kitchens. He also was the Bills head coach from 2001 to 2003.

Williams has latched onto the players he has spent coaching in 2019. The feeling is mutual, as all of the players love Williams’ competitive spirit and his ability to get the most out of his players.

Not much has gone right for the Jets in 2019, but the job done Williams has done with the defense stands out as one of the few bright spots. Adam Gase and company should feel fortunate that the veteran defensive play-caller has no desire to seek greener pastures.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I think his days of being an HC has passed....and he has complete autonomy of the Defense here....so why would he want to leave? 

I think similarly. The book is out on him and not many teams would be willing to give him the full operation. And he has just about as sweet a a gig as he could want. Gase leaves him be. Not too bad. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets DC Gregg Williams isn't looking to leave New York this offseason

usatsi_13786652-e1577502688430.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
13 hours ago

Gregg Williams has made it clear that New York is where he wants to be.

Williams spoke to reporters on Friday and was asked if he would be interested in a head-coaching job if the opportunity presented itself this offseason. However, Williams stated that he is perfectly comfortable in his position as the Jets’ defensive coordinator.

Inhabit;ord=8391393576343.676;dc_seg=756255014?

“I love it here,” Williams said.

Williams has done a superb job with New York’s defense this season. His unit has been depleted by injuries beginning with the loss of starting inside linebacker Avery Williamson in August, but is still one of the better defenses in the league. New York is 19th in points allowed per game, seventh in total yards allowed, 15th in pass defense and second in run defense.

Williams has plenty of head coaching experience. Last season, he was the interim head coach for the Browns and was in the running to be the full-time coach before Cleveland decided to go with Freddie Kitchens. He also was the Bills head coach from 2001 to 2003.

Williams has latched onto the players he has spent coaching in 2019. The feeling is mutual, as all of the players love Williams’ competitive spirit and his ability to get the most out of his players.

Not much has gone right for the Jets in 2019, but the job done Williams has done with the defense stands out as one of the few bright spots. Adam Gase and company should feel fortunate that the veteran defensive play-caller has no desire to seek greener pastures.

this is good news!!!!

If Johnson decides to replace Gase one year from now, Williams can still be a candidate to replace him.

I would love to have him stay.  What he did with a injury plagued D getting quality play out of 5th-7th string players was a  great feat in itself.   Get him a edge rusher with healthy ILB and a shutdown CB this D could really be in the top 5 all around.  He's is truly a great motivator. 

Well That's my 2 cents worth.numbers GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Upvote 1

“Look look I am a good solider and not bitter at all after getting dumped in Cleveland (the fools). Call my agent please.”

i hope no one hires williams away this year. Because if he isn’t HC of the NYJ by January 2021, he will be somewhere.

Best thing that happened to the Jets this season is the Greg Williams hire. Also in the same vein best thing that happened to Greg Williams was being passed over by the Browns and being hired by the Jets. With Williams no nonsense style of coaching don’t think it would have played well with the personnel that makes up that team. Beckham , Mayfield , Landry et al I believe they would have rebelled at being held responsible and made to act as professional..... not being coddled by Kitchens as coach. 

• Upvote 1