***OFFICIAL DON’T LET GO OF THE ROPE JETS V BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD***

T0mShane

6 minutes ago, freestater said:

Jesus Christmas. It's over already. That's sad. Let's get one more win, Jets! I cant wait to see what Joe Douglas does with this offseason. We get Gase back next year, yippee. But let's see what Sam can do without starting from scratch for the first time. And here's to no communicable diseases in 2020! ? We're owed a little good luck kn the injury dept. next year too...?

Good news is , just spent 3 days in Manhattan.  Jets shlt was deep discounted. Bought Jets sweat shirts for $10.   Bought five of them to give to the guys at the club in Charlotte.    SUCKING has small benefits.....  insert joke.  ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

I wish the Bills had something to play for. Not gonna be too excited about dropping a couple spots in next year's draft just because they beat the Bills backups in the last game of the season. 

Is it confirmed they are resting starters?  

I feel like the Bills aren’t good enough to do that, Especially on offense.  I’d want to have some offensive momentum going into the playoffs where they will be facing the types of teams they haven’t been able to beat this year.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

Is it confirmed they are resting starters?  

I feel like the Bills aren’t good enough to do that, Especially on offense.  I’d want to have some offensive momentum going into the playoffs where they will be facing the types of teams they haven’t been able to beat this year.

I'm reading that the starters will play, but not the whole game. 

47 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, why draft in the first two rounds at all? There are perfectly good players in the third round.

Geez, overreact much? 

Falling a few slots in a round is vastly different than entire rounds. 

Even so, theres about 100 players in rounds 3-7 that we could have had and didnt choose that went on to be Pro Bowlers. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, why draft in the first two rounds at all? There are perfectly good players in the third round.

Geez, overreact much? 

Falling a few slots in a round is vastly different than entire rounds. 

Even so, theres about 100 players in rounds 3-7 that we could have had and didnt choose that went on to be Pro Bowlers. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

I wish the Bills had something to play for. Not gonna be too excited about dropping a couple spots in next year's draft just because they beat the Bills backups in the last game of the season. 

I feel the same way.  I'm rooting for the L today.  Could be the difference between us getting an impact OL or not.  Plus I think it's a big deal having the better pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  Below is where we're at according to tankathon:

image.png.56ad62e03c2c166e756bf223c7fd31c0.png

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Still waiting for someone to explain why picking 5 or 6 slots higher is somehow the end all be all for getting a quality player.

It's not.  But I'd always rather pick higher in a non-playoff season.  Late season wins never, ever carry over to the next year.  Meanwhile, we've been hurt by those late seasons wins several times over the years.  

Basically the cost/benefit has always said its better to lose than win these absolutely meaningless games.  Just because it goes against some fans' fragile psyche to even think about hoping for a loss doesn't mean its the wrong thing to hope for.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2