***OFFICIAL DON’T LET GO OF THE ROPE JETS V BILLS GAMEDAY THREAD***

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I've thought that too.  A more mobile Eli.  The question is would you take that for 10 more years?  

I think it's more like, would we be happy with that. If he wins a super bowl, I would. Eli had a couple of good years and won 2. Aside from that, he's handcuffed that organization. 

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Very well may be...  but if there is and they get rid of Bell, Gase is going to look awfully stupid when he goes back to looking like Lev Bell again next year.

Nah. He’s clearly lost a step. Not nearly as fast as he was. He’s painfully slow right now.   hard to watch slow. 

Jets either need to be all in using Bell or trade him regardless of cap hit...

Improving the OL is a given but scheme needs to be looked at too....Bell’s used to running in a gap scheme where the OL is going hat on a hat and it’s easier for him to use his “stop and go” to find holes depending on matchups...

Gase like zone blocking.....also that screen pass is an example of the good he can do if you use him in the passing game....just needs the opportunity....

Either fit the running game to Bell or trade him....doesn’t make any sense otherwise 

• Upvote 1

Just now, GreenFish said:

I think it's more like, would we be happy with that. If he wins a super bowl, I would. Eli had a couple of good years and won 2. Aside from that, he's handcuffed that organization. 

Well that's the thing and what I was alluding to earlier in an exchange with Matt39.  

Sam Darnold I don't think will ever be single-handedly carrying this franchise to a title like Aaron Rodgers did earlier in his careerwith the Packers.

But if the Jets can put a good roster together, I think Darnold can be very capable NFL QB.

• Upvote 1