Jets finish 6-2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Still want Gase gone. The longer he's here the more damage is done. Hopefully no one hires Rhule this off-season.

Rhule isn't coming here in a million years.  The HC still reports to the Owner here.   The Owner Rhule to have reduced control in picking his assistant coaches.  That same owner is here.  We burned that bridge. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rhule isn't coming here in a million years.  The HC still reports to the Owner here.   The Owner Rhule to have reduced control in picking his assistant coaches.  That same owner is here.  We burned that bridge. 

You're probably right - maybe he'd reconsider that requirement after seeing crazy eyes for a year or two but not likely. For all the talk about firing a coach early scaring potential candidates away, this is an actual proven thing the owners did to scare a solid candidate away. crazy.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

You're probably right - maybe he'd reconsider that requirement after seeing crazy eyes for a year or two but not likely.

I don't think it would matter.  Once CJ established to Rhule that he's pretty much a moron, there's no reason for him to consider us again.  Not when he's about to have just about any HC position he wants in the NFL, at any time he wants it.  Being the Baylor coach just a 90 minute drive from Arlington, I imagine the Cowboys are at least a remote possibility.  

Coaches who have several options available to them don't come here.  We're always left with unproven and/or under-qualified options.  

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Translation: you know gase won as games as just about any coach would have won given the team macc gave him. 

Thanks for playing!

You are making up hypothetical responses  I would make to hypothetical arguments you’re making that cannot be proven one way or another, but you're embracing it all as hard truth... you ARE winning, for sure.

No chance at all that I’m sarcastically mocking your inhibited brain function.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Not in this context 

Absolutely in this context.

We've gained nothing from winning meaningless late season contests.  Wins don't carry over.

Meanwhile, there have been several instances where winning late season meaningless contests cost us better  players in the draft.  Just last year we missed out on Bosa.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Absolutely in this context.

We've gained nothing from winning meaningless late season contests.  Wins don't carry over.

Meanwhile, there have been several instances where winning late season meaningless contests cost us better  players in the draft.  Just last year we missed out on Bosa.  

Rooting for your team to lose to secure a slightly higher draft pick — a draft pick that is as likely to net your team a better player as a coin is of landing in heads — is stupid.  That’s just science.  Science. 

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

Rooting for your team to lose to secure a slightly higher draft pick — a draft pick that is as likely to net your team a better player as a coin is of landing in heads — is stupid.  That’s just science.  Science. 

So would the Jets not have been better off today with Nick Bosa than Quinnen Williams?

The  "science" says there's no benefit in 2020 to winning late season meaningless games in 2019.  There's no "learning to win" or "momentum" to be gained.  Meanwhile, there are tangible negatives to winning those games, which I just showed to be true.  

• Upvote 1

So would the Jets not have been better off today with Nick Bosa than Quinnen Williams?

The  "science" says there's no benefit in 2020 to winning late season meaningless games in 2019.  There's no "learning to win" or "momentum" to be gained.  Meanwhile, there are tangible negatives to winning those games, which I just showed to be true.  

The average fan will derive enjoyment from winning the “meaningless” football to a greater extent than the Jets will improve their chances of getting a better football player by virtue of picking a few slots higher in the draft.  That’s true for any team in the draft, and it’s especially true for a team that whiffs as often as the Jets do. Expending brain cells rooting for your team to lose is ******* dumb as ****. 

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

The average fan will derive enjoyment from winning the “meaningless” football to a greater extent than the Jets will improve their chances of getting a better football player by virtue of picking a few slots higher in the draft.  That’s true for any team in the draft, and it’s especially true for a team that whiffs as often as the Jets do. Expending brain cells rooting for your team to lose is ******* dumb as ****. 

You have yet to disprove the notion that losing meaningless late season games is better than winning them for the benefit of the franchise.

I don't give two f*cks about fans' fragile brains and whether they can handle rooting for losses or not.  Especially since fans have zero impact on the game.

We're talking about what would be best for the Jets.  Year in and year out, we win meaningless late season games and it hurts us.  And not a single time has strong play at the end of a non-playoff season "carried over" to the next season.  

• Upvote 1

You have yet to disprove the notion that losing meaningless late season games is better than winning them for the benefit of the franchise.

I don't give two f*cks about fans' fragile brains and whether they can handle rooting for losses or not.  Especially since fans have zero impact on the game.

We're talking about what would be best for the Jets.  Year in and year out, we win meaningless late season games and it hurts us.  

And you’ve yet to prove that picking a few slots higher in any given year would tangibly improve the team long term.  And don’t give me “JOEY BOSA!!” and call it a day.  You’re peddling hypothetical BS, and you’re forgetting you root for a team that can’t tell a prospect from its own a$$hole. 

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

And you’ve yet to prove that picking a few slots higher in any given year would tangibly improve the team long term.  And don’t give me “JOEY BOSA!!” and call it a day.  You’re peddling hypothetical BS, and you’re forgetting you root for a team that can’t tell a prospect from its own a$$hole. 

BOSA

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Exactly. That doesn't mean I think gase did a great job, I just think he has earned year 2. Things could have gotten ugly and he righted the ship. 

I’m not sold on Gase but I see no reason to fire him right now. Keeping this team together, going 6-2 to finish the year, overcoming a multitude of injuries, illnesses, etc. is commendable. He deserves another year with an upgraded roster. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Jets fans are so comfortable rooting for bad teams. It’s pretty sad. Just except mediocrity like it’s second nature to you. 

Just keep firing head coaches every year so that future coaching prospects want no part of an organization that won't give a head coach more than one year to prove themselves. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

They only include the QBs taking sacks and not the ones eluding the pocket and chucking the ball to avoid the sack.....sometimes throwing it to defenders or resulting in incompletions.

the stat is the stat. obviously watson takes alotta sacks bu holidng on, wilson not as much, i dont know if they have a pressure stat

Adjusted Sack Rate (ASR)/Sack Rate: Sack Rate represents sacks divided by pass plays, which include passes, sacks, and aborted snaps. It is a better measure of pass blocking than total sacks because it takes into account how often an offense passes the ball. Adjusted Sack Rate adds adjustments for opponent quality, as well as down and distance 

• Upvote 1

The three game stretch against the Giants, Redskins and Raiders felt like we'd turned a corner.

The last five games haven't really been impressive at all.

We were who we largely were in the first half -- a solid defensive team and a bad offensive team.

Gase sucks. Only the Jets could ignore offense in the draft for 15 years and hire exclusively defensive minded coaches only to finally hire an "offensive guru" and finish 32nd in total offense.