6-2 FINISH - ADAM GASE - BEST COACHING JOB SINCE PARCELLS

SAR I

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I haven't been more proud of the Jets since 2010, just a tremendous job of overcoming injuries, illnesses, retirements, and the hype media nonsense.  Most coaches would have folded or had their teams turn into a backstabbing mess.  Coach held it together and got backups and backups-to-backups to play beyond their abilities.

Congratulations Adam Gase and all the coaches and players.  Next season is going to be epic.  Can't wait!

SAR I

Congrats Sar I, Coach Gase and CO. did an excellent job keeping this team together and that was quite the task. Have to admit it though, that it didn’t look promising for a while.

The 2019 season can be summarized into words… Bad luck. Bad luck with all the injuries they had, and bad luck with Sam getting mononucleosis. I know could’ve, should’ve, would’ve, it is what it is.

The silver lining out of this season is that this management got to get a great look at every player play. Needless to say, most of this roster won’t be here next year but they did uncover a few uncut gems.

Looking forward to the offseason!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

% responsible for the late season rally.

75% Gregg Williams getting performance out of no talent.

15% Easy schedule

8.6% Team resting its starters.

1.4% Adam Gase

It would help if you watched the games instead of just reading the newspaper and listening to AM radio.  Join us in the 21st century.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We did it, T0Sh.  Let's recap the season's objectives:

1.  Darnold takes the step in Year 2.  Check.

2.  Gase must prove himself after a 1-7 start.  Check.

3.  Culture must change, effort must increase.  Check.

4.  Young players must show that our roster is deeper than we think.  Check.

Short of making the playoffs, it doesn't get any better than this.

SAR I

Remarkable that as Maccagnan's players peeled off, the team got better. What a brutal hand Gase was dealt. Compare that to the Royal Flush Rex inherited, and compare how the allegedly "informed" fans choose to react to both. It's a shame how brittle these fans are emotionally.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

It would help if you watched the games instead of just reading the newspaper and listening to AM radio.  Join us in the 21st century.

SAR I

Do you think the NY Jets had solid game plans creative play calling and a dangerous offense this year?

Also where is the NY Jets offense ranked?

Same idiotic blinders people put on when rex went 8-8 that one year.

Two years from now Gase will be fired but unfortunately it will be a colossal two years waste of QBs time.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, slats said:

Holy propaganda, Batman. 

Weak second half schedule capped off by a team resting their starters most of the day. A 6-2 finish, where the “2” represents losses to two teams who hadn’t won a game before facing the Jets this year. 

At a bare minimum, this is a work in progress. Darnold needs to make the jump next year he failed to make this year. 

Did anyone criticize the Patriots or Bills for playing that same easy schedule in the first half of their seasons?  So why does it matter for us?  The Pats and Bills are two of the healthiest teams in the league.  The Jets the most injured.

As for Darnold, let's see:

1.  Mononucleosis.

2.  Enunwa and Herndon out for the season.

3.  10 different offensive linemen, only 1 playing in his natural position all season.

4.  OL so bad that pass protection has him running for his life 80% of the time.

5.  RB so bad that every DC in the league can stack the box and hold the Jets to 60 yards rushing.

6.  Take the Patriots game out of the mix, he's one of the best statistical QB's in the NFL since.

7.  Elevates the play of those around him, no name WR's and TE's suddenly shine.

8.  Multiple late comebacks to turn losses into wins.

9.  If he had a competent kicker, despite this mess of a season we'd likely be in the playoffs.

This was a great season for Darnold.  He's a franchise QB.  No question about it anymore.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Chris Johnson’s chief Shill in full effect.

Nope.

Just a real fan calling it like he sees it.  Only a defeatist SOJF hater would be weepy over a 6-2 finish after all the adversity this team and this coach has faced all season. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's time for the #NEVERGASERS to eat a ton of crow.

They were DEAD wrong.  Flying planes in Week 4 after losing 2 quarterbacks and having a grocery bagger under center?  Buying billboards in Week 15 after winning 4 of their last 6 games?

These morons need to apologize.  Stat.

SAR I

So here is the deal, you can support the Jets but you need to do it without personal attacks.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

This is JetNation officially  jumping the shark. Please, everyone, make sure your email addresses are up to date. 

My apologies, slats, but anyone who treated Rex going 8-8 in 2015 like it was The Miracle on Ice doesn't really get to slander Gase for pulling off a 7-9 this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remarkable that as Maccagnan's players peeled off, the team got better. What a brutal hand Gase was dealt. Compare that to the Royal Flush Rex inherited, and compare how the allegedly "informed" fans choose to react to both. It's a shame how brittle these fans are emotionally.

History is agreeing with the story you have been telling about Macc.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You caped for Rex Ryan for six ******* years because he patted your little heads and told you that you were "the bEsT FaNs in the NFL," but you want to run off Gase after ten minutes when the roster was so putrid the GM got fired in June.

Say.  No.  More.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, it's fans like you that can't be serious.

We knocked the Cowboys, Raiders, and Steelers out of the playoffs.  We won 6 of our last 8 games.  We were 5-3 at home.

All of this with the most injured roster in the entire NFL and the most injuries in team history.

This is an incredible accomplishment and something worth celebrating.

SAR I

As you know I'm an optimistic guy. Gase did a great job keeping the team playing hard under really tough circumstances but I hope he left too many one on one blocking assignments on the edges because we ran out of good players. WAY TOO MANY times did we have the opposing teams best edge rushers in our backfield instantly. He's got work to do do let's hope he learns from his mistakes & isn't a stubborn mule. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Gase did an EXCEPTIONAL job.

Name another Jets season this snakebit and full of injury where the head coach did something this impressive.  Answer?  Parcells 1999.  And that was a Super Bowl roster.  This group?  Incredible accomplishment to finish on a 6-2 run.

SAR I

@SAR I Adam Gase had a better team no injuries during the beginning the of the season where we lost when we played a harder schedule, we played an easy schedule towards the end of the season and we won games with exceptions (Cincinnati). Bottom line entire season not successful enough to make the playoffs like you said we would. Tap out @SAR I.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Congrats Sar I, Coach Gase and CO. did an excellent job keeping this team together and that was quite the task. Have to admit it though, that it didn’t look promising for a while.

The 2019 season can be summarized into words… Bad luck. Bad luck with all the injuries they had, and bad luck with Sam getting mononucleosis. I know could’ve, should’ve, would’ve, it is what it is.

The silver lining out of this season is that this management got to get a great look at every player play. Needless to say, most of this roster won’t be here next year but they did uncover a few uncut gems.

Looking forward to the offseason!

Exactly right, CJF.

Not the way we scripted it back in August, but this season validated everything we needed to know to position ourselves for next season.  The future is bright.  Hell, we'd have been 11-5 if we were as healthy as the Bills or Patriots.  Amazing.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Did anyone criticize the Patriots or Bills for playing that same easy schedule in the first half of their seasons?  So why does it matter for us?  The Pats and Bills are two of the healthiest teams in the league.  The Jets the most injured.

1.  Mononucleosis.

3.  10 different offensive linemen, only 1 playing in his natural position all season.

4.  OL so bad that pass protection has him running for his life 80% of the time.

5.  RB so bad that every DC in the league can stack the box and hold the Jets to 60 yards rushing.

6.  Take the Patriots game out of the mix, he's one of the best statistical QB's in the NFL since.

7.  Elevates the play of those around him, no name WR's and TE's suddenly shine.

This was a great season for Darnold.  He's a franchise QB.  No question about it anymore.

SAR I

I feel A LOT better about Darnold than I do about Gase. I don't hate Gase by any stretch, but I'm not sold, either. Darnold, with Gase at the helm, needs to make a huge jump next year. Low bar, but he's got to have the best season by a QB ever; 4007+ yards, 30+ TDs, 100+ passer rating. No mono, and a roster repaired by Douglas and Gase. No excuses. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Royal flush? Lol

Underperforming team with no QB.

Bart Scott was a huge add to the defense as was Rex's schemes 

Rex did a very good job in 09/10, saying otherwise makes you sound as dumb as you accuse the Gase haters of being.

His issue was the lack of discipline caught up to him combined with a weak GM

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

How come when the teams that beat us without Darnold or Adams, they “did what good teams do. Beat who they play” ?

But when we did it this year, its “well it was a cupcake game.” 

Can’t have it both ways.

My favorite?

"Next man up.  Gase should be able to win even with these injuries."

....and then he does just that.

And they still are miserable.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This Rex vs. Gase thing is just amazing.

Turns out, Jets fans don't care about quality, they just want a cute guy on the sidelines.  Take Gase's performance exactly as it was this year, play-for-play identical, and replace his grouchy face with a cute Pete Carroll type and they'd be in love with him, they'd be wearing Adam Gase underwear right now.

But no, because the guy is working his ass off, is exhausted, and is utterly serious every single day, oh, he needs to be fired, he's a jerk.  You can't make this up, how stupid SOJF's are.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1.  Mononucleosis.

9.  If he had a competent kicker, despite this mess of a season we'd likely be in the playoffs.

SAR I

Yeah, take away the game where Gase showed how horrible of a coach he is in-game. Whatever clown. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Royal flush? Lol

Underperforming team with no QB.

Bart Scott was a huge add to the defense as was Rex's schemes 

Rex did a very good job in 09/10, saying otherwise makes you sound as dumb as you accuse the Gase haters of being.

His issue was the lack of discipline caught up to him combined with a weak GM

Bart Scott made one Pro Bowl in his life. Another loud mouth that people confused with being an elite talent. 

• Upvote 1