6-2 FINISH - ADAM GASE - BEST COACHING JOB SINCE PARCELLS

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

With only one exception, the Jets have spent every meaningful high draft choice on defense since Rex Ryan circa 2009.

The injuries on O were far more impactful than those on D.  The D was able to absorb more because it had more depth to begin with.  The O is Maccagnan's ghost town.

SAR I

But he manages to field a good defense despite on missing all year his two best players Mosley and Williamson. The same cannot be said on the FRAUD.  While others team were making plays with second and third string QB our own bozo could not even manage a FG.

• Upvote 1

With only one exception, the Jets have spent every meaningful high draft choice on defense since Rex Ryan circa 2009.
The injuries on O were far more impactful than those on D.  The D was able to absorb more because it had more depth to begin with.  The O is Maccagnan's ghost town.
SAR I

Agreed on the high draft choices on D by Macc, but Williams did it without Mosley, no corners, d-line (exception being Q) were Maccs mid round picks who overachieved. Williams took depth players and achieved success with them, that’s great coaching. Darnold going down and being sick was tough, offensive line was shaky at best, but they were so so at best and at times played not to lose the game. Looking at statistics, Williams was a much better coach than Gase and his defense kicked ass!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

The 6-2 finish means nothing. They beat teams as bad or worse than them. Williams did a lot better job with the defense than Gase the Waste did with the offense as far as coaching up what he had to work with. I looked at next years schedule and it is a lot tougher than this years. I see another 7-9 season at best with Gase calling the offense. Could end up 4-12 or worse next year.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I attended 9 games this year, the exception being the second preseason contest.  Last year I missed 1 game.

You're going to have to do better than that, Firefraud.

SAR 

I dont know and dont care what you're worth financially,  but I do know that you aren't worth talking to any further.

• Post of the Week 1

On 12/29/2019 at 4:30 PM, SAR I said:

We did it, T0Sh.  Let's recap the season's objectives:

1.  Darnold takes the step in Year 2.  Check.

2.  Gase must prove himself after a 1-7 start.  Check.

3.  Culture must change, effort must increase.  Check.

4.  Young players must show that our roster is deeper than we think.  Check.

Short of making the playoffs, it doesn't get any better than this.

SAR I

Upvote this post if you got ripped off by Bernie Madoff 

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

But he manages to field a good defense despite on missing all year his two best players Mosley and Williamson. The same cannot be said on the FRAUD.  While others team were making plays with second and third string QB our own bozo could not even manage a FG.

It is not a surprise to discover that Gregg Williams is a better defensive coordinator than Adam Gase is an offensive coordinator. One of them is almost twice the age of the other and has twice the experience. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Agreed on the high draft choices on D by Macc, but Williams did it without Mosley, no corners, d-line (exception being Q) were Maccs mid round picks who overachieved. Williams took depth players and achieved success with them, that’s great coaching. Darnold going down and being sick was tough, offensive line was shaky at best, but they were so so at best and at times played not to lose the game. Looking at statistics, Williams was a much better coach than Gase and his defense kicked ass!

There is no doubt that Gregg Williams was this year‘s team MVP.  

But to compare him to Gase is silly. Williams has been coaching in the NFL for 30 years. Gase for 15. The trend is to hire a young head coach who the players find relatable and who can run an efficient offense.  So far, so good. Considering the lousy hand Gase and Williams were dealt, they each came through nicely. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, Squirt said:

The 6-2 finish means nothing. They beat teams as bad or worse than them. Williams did a lot better job with the defense than Gase the Waste did with the offense as far as coaching up what he had to work with. 

After a 1-7 start, a 6-2 finish is remarkable. 

Your opinion and mine don’t matter. The players support Gase. They never flipped on him.  Big names, small names, they all rallied behind him and turned a series of bad breaks into a respectable finish and set themselves up with confidence for next season. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, Squirt said:

I looked at next years schedule and it is a lot tougher than this years. I see another 7-9 season at best with Gase calling the offense. Could end up 4-12 or worse next year.

I like playing this game. 

If we had a real NFL kicker, we would have been 9-7 and in the playoffs.  If Sam and CJ and the other 17 players on IR were healthy, we’d have gone 11-5. 

SAR I

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

look we will jsut disagree, I just dont know how after a whole season then watchign the bills game you dont understand Gase is terrible. He keeps showing you, screaming at you that he is a bad coach but you still want to hold his jockstrap. its crazy.

Gase is bad but Sar is being an idiot with this obsessive defense of a bad coach despite facts and everything showing he is wrong.  Most fans agree with you dont let the vocal idiot upset you. Gase supporters are the same people who believe the earth is flat

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I'm sorry, but the coach responsible for the turnaround is Greg Williams.  He kept the defense from falling apart which won the Jets 2-3 games on their own.  

Was it much of a turnaround tho?  We beat a bunch of horrible teams some of them trying to lose on purpose - oh we lost to teams losing on purpose too

Sar I gloats about Gase beating the cowboys a team that finished 8-8 no playoffs 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Was it much of a turnaround tho?  We beat a bunch of horrible teams some of them trying to lose on purpose 

Sar I gloats about Gase beating the cowboys a team that finished 8-8 no playoffs 

No teams were trying to lose on purpose, that's absurd to say.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Dolphins, Bengals

Only reason Gase isn’t 0-2 facing a tanking dolphins team is Ficken made a great kick

Cincinnati was competitive in most of their games, Miami went 5-4 in their last 9 games.  Neither team was trying to talk, both were competing.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Oof, bad form dude. 

this is what sar does he insults, well first he tries to fraud you into believing how well off he is doing (as if anyone cares, how he made money on his seats license) then he insults when you insult back he feigns ignorance, like he did nothing wrong. The only fraud here is the guy who thinks the earth is flat.

Facts, fandom is not measured in how many games you attend,

never ignore facts when presented

you well being and happiness is not measured by what you drive

the earth is not flat

I don't love everything about Gase, however you cannot deny the absurdity of the Jets season. Injuries, illness, and roster deficiencies were real, not imagined. Gase gets a pass this year from me, and to be honest the names being thrown around right now for other openings leaves me satisfied to have him around right now.

SAR comparing to Parcells is classic SAR but his premise is solid imho

15 hours ago, DJF71 said:

I'm sorry, but the coach responsible for the turnaround is Greg Williams.  He kept the defense from falling apart which won the Jets 2-3 games on their own.  

Gregg Williams?

You mean the man responsible for Ryan Fitzpatrick and Andy Dalton having career days with their pathetic offenses?

SAR I

8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Was it much of a turnaround tho?  We beat a bunch of horrible teams some of them trying to lose on purpose - oh we lost to teams losing on purpose too

When the Patriots opened 8-0 and the Bills opened 6-2 because they played these same bum teams early in the season, they were the talk of the NFL.  But because you're a SOJF, when it comes to your team playing them later in the year, ah, doesn't count, just a bunch of bums.

It's unbelievable.  The lengths you'll go to to make yourselves feel bad.

SAR I

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Only reason Gase isn’t 0-2 facing a tanking dolphins team is Ficken made a great kick

Only reason Gase wasn't 2-0 against the playoff Bills is because Vedvik missed an easy kick.

We can do this all day if you like.  Or you can suck it up and (wait for it) take a little pride in your team's second half.

SAR I

On 12/30/2019 at 11:30 AM, FidelioJet said:

This really may be the dumbest thread in the history of this site.

And that’s saying something.

You need to read the one about Manish getting exposed as the source of Gase's burner account.  Now that's saying something.