6-2 FINISH - ADAM GASE - BEST COACHING JOB SINCE PARCELLS

SAR I

56 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets had the worst offensive personnel in the NFL.  The two go hand in hand.  Thus Gases ability to win 6 of his last 8 games with an expansion-team caliber offense is remarkable.

SAR I

XFL caliber offense. 

Expansion team would have landed more than 2 stars on offense in an expansion draft lol. 

19 minutes ago, JTJet said:

XFL caliber offense. 

Expansion team would have landed more than 2 stars on offense in an expansion draft lol. 

Exactly.

People act like the December Jets were the same as the August Jets.  Completely different offense.  Playing weak teams in the second half of the schedule?  Not for the December Jets.  Every one of those teams was better than what we were trotting out on the field.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe it will be revealed that Sam never really recovered from mono and was underweight and tired since returning.

SAR I

This is my suspicion/hope. Bad mechanics can often be related to fatigue, and I suspect he's been fatigued all year. This is why I say he needs to explode next year. No excuses not to make a huge jump. 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I believe it will be revealed that Sam never really recovered from mono and was underweight and tired since returning.

SAR I

I think he recovered fully from the illness but you can't get in the type of peak shape you can during training camp once the regular season starts.  He was all primed and ready to go and then got fever and chills the night before the first game.  He was always gonna have to play catch up after that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I respectfully disagree with your assessment that the year was a failure. Are you then saying that prior to the season beginning, you believed this team was a playoff worthy contender?

Well lets look, shall we?

Folks here, en masse, loudly said that "Darnold did enough to win" vs. Buffalo week 1, right?  Make that missed FG, right?  And Sam had Mono, right?  Not a stretch to say no mono, make that FG we might win, would you agree?  Flip that result alone, that moves us to 8-8 instead of 7-9, all other things being equal.

Beat the winless Bengals.  Now we're 9-7 and competing for the playoffs.  Change these two outcomes only, one the  optimists here was really a win (Buffalo) and beat a 0 win worst-in-NFL team, one we are, in fact, better than even as weak as we are.  

In hindsight, none of our wins this year are shocks.  Dallas was horrible much of the year.  Raiders are as mediocre as we are.  The Steelers were on QB #3 (remember all the excuses when WE were on QB #3 for only a few weeks, try that all season!)  

So yeah, this team, properly coached, without an avoidable condition like mono, and with a better training staff and barely a few less injuries should have been competing for a playoff berth, absolutely.  And many folks thought so preseason, only to forget that once we sh*t the bed completely and started 1-7.  Doubt it, go reread those threads, lol.

We beat the bad teams we should beat late.  We lost the season completely early, so those late wins were meaningless.  We were already out of it, and shouldn't have been.

• Upvote 2

Gase did an EXCEPTIONAL job.
Name another Jets season this snakebit and full of injury where the head coach did something this impressive.  Answer?  Parcells 1999.  And that was a Super Bowl roster.  This group?  Incredible accomplishment to finish on a 6-2 run.
SAR I
The injuries this year is concerning didn't gases dolphins have a good deal of injuries too?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I haven't been more proud of the Jets since 2010, just a tremendous job of overcoming injuries, illnesses, retirements, and the hype media nonsense.  Most coaches would have folded or had their teams turn into a backstabbing mess.  Coach held it together and got backups and backups-to-backups to play beyond their abilities.

Congratulations Adam Gase and all the coaches and players.  Next season is going to be epic.  Can't wait!

SAR I

please stop schitts creek GIF by CBC

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Did anyone criticize the Patriots or Bills for playing that same easy schedule in the first half of their seasons?  So why does it matter for us?  The Pats and Bills are two of the healthiest teams in the league.  The Jets the most injured.

As for Darnold, let's see:

1.  Mononucleosis.

2.  Enunwa and Herndon out for the season.

3.  10 different offensive linemen, only 1 playing in his natural position all season.

4.  OL so bad that pass protection has him running for his life 80% of the time.

5.  RB so bad that every DC in the league can stack the box and hold the Jets to 60 yards rushing.

6.  Take the Patriots game out of the mix, he's one of the best statistical QB's in the NFL since.

7.  Elevates the play of those around him, no name WR's and TE's suddenly shine.

8.  Multiple late comebacks to turn losses into wins.

9.  If he had a competent kicker, despite this mess of a season we'd likely be in the playoffs.

This was a great season for Darnold.  He's a franchise QB.  No question about it anymore.

SAR I

I would think they the mono alone cost us at least 2 games.  Never mind the fact the O line was horrible. Out receivers are an average bunch. We lost the opener because of a bad kicker.  So I agree.  I don’t want a bills like team that squeaked into the playoffs and will be one and done.  I want a team that’s good for years.  I like the growth.  

• Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Where's Mehta's hot take?

Since you asked...

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
·34m
Jets survive against Bills backups. Adam Gase cites weather for why his offense only scored 13 points. 

(It was 43 degrees with periods of rain/drizzle + 7 MPH winds) 

Just now, Lith said:

Since you asked...

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
·34m
Jets survive against Bills backups. Adam Gase cites weather for why his offense only scored 13 points. 

(It was 43 degrees with periods of rain/drizzle + 7 MPH winds) 

LOL he's really grinding that ax!

43 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Can’t knock any of this - Gase has done a phenomenal job

I'm watching the Eagles game, they put up a graphic of 8 injured players, talking about how impressive it is that the Eagles, a recent Super Bowl team, are going to finish 8-8.  Just amazing.  They're going to throw them a parade.

Meanwhile, the Jets finish 1 measly game off that pace with a hospital ward filled with 18 players and its "oh, the Jets had an easy schedule".

The hypocrisy is ridiculous.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Great finish to the season without a doubt. 6-2 is hard to do after a 1-7 start. But to think its only Gase that made it happen is laughable. The Gregg D, and Darnold get more credit.

Gregg and Sam get credit.  But not more than Adam.  Adam is the head coach.  This imaginary world where he is just a glorified position coach has to stop.  He's the voice in the locker room  He's what held the team together. 

Adam gets all the abuse from SOJF's and their evil media enablers, Adam gets the credit when the team succeeds.

SAR I

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

please stop schitts creek GIF by CBC

Yes, yes, I can see why Jets fans would be miserable after having the second-best record in the entire NFL since November.  Damn, if we could have only lost more, then I would be so happy right now. 

Face it-  you and the enabling media were wrong,  DEAD WRONG, about Adam Gase.  He's a good head coach.  The half of the battle that most of these young coaches fail at-  culture/motivation/teamwork-  this guy excels at.  Thank your lucky stars Adam Gase is your head coach.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

I would think they the mono alone cost us at least 2 games.  Never mind the fact the O line was horrible. Out receivers are an average bunch. We lost the opener because of a bad kicker.  So I agree.  I don’t want a bills like team that squeaked into the playoffs and will be one and done.  I want a team that’s good for years.  I like the growth.  

This.

The Patriots and Bills may have made the playoffs, but the Jets had the better season.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, yes, I can see why Jets fans would be miserable after having the second-best record in the entire NFL since November.  Damn, if we could have only lost more, then I would be so happy right now. 

Face it-  you and the enabling media were wrong,  DEAD WRONG, about Adam Gase.  He's a good head coach.  The half of the battle that most of these young coaches fail at-  culture/motivation/teamwork-  this guy excels at.  Thank your lucky stars Adam Gase is your head coach.

SAR I

Second-best record in the NFL since November? You are wild and crazy guy! 

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

The Patriots and Bills may have made the playoffs, but the Jets had the better season.

SAR I

Don’t know if anyone can truly state with any conviction that a non playoff team had a better year than two playoff teams cause I will take going to the playoffs anytime over sitting on the couch saying my team should be playing since I perceive it had the better season