6-2 FINISH - ADAM GASE - BEST COACHING JOB SINCE PARCELLS

SAR I

6 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

And you know what he didn’t have all year? A consistent OL and QB for the first part of the season. Kindddd of difficult to run an offense when that’s constantly changing. A bit different then rotating LBers (not that Williams didn’t do great). 

Also where did the offense rank under Morton and Bates. Wasn’t it the bottom of the league as well?? I know McCown had a decent season but cmon. 

Another gase sock account

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

At the moment we lost to those 2 teams we weren't much better than they were and we were on the road.

How did Fitzpatrick do today?  He's legit (as we well know).  Dalton, well, it happens, if you had the Jets at 7-9 when the season started it means we have a couple of dumb losses.

If you're upset about losing to the Dolphins and Bengals, well, take solace that we beat the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders, and Bills, all playoff-caliber at the time we played them.  2 dumb losses were expected; 4 wins against playoff-caliber teams were absolutely not.  Especially in the context of injuries.  We were #1 in the NFL in that department unfortunately.

SAR I

I’m not upset or even mad that we won today but Idk I can’t really explain it. Darnold definitely improved, Gregg Williams did an unreal job with what he had to work with which were great. I can’t help feeling like I wanted more. I get it a wins are wins but our offense was so bad this year. Gases play calling was great on the 1st drive and then it’s like he hits the snack bar and gives Dowell control of the offense for the rest of the game. The use of Leveon was criminal and damaged any trade value he had with that contract as well. Especially frustrating seeing how multiple teams were calling about Bell at the deadline yet we kept him only to not really use him. Idk man I’m glad the team rallied behind Gase and I hate to be negative after a 7 win injury riddled season but idk I just think it’s fair to have doubts about the future. 

10 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Adam Gase offensive wizard who doesn’t have the slightest clue how to use running backs. Every RB who left him in Miami went on to do better things else where. Now He turns one the best offensive weapons in football In Bell into an after thought. 

Ajayi had his best season under Gase. Just sayin. 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We are the greatest 7-9 team in NFL history.  The wins over the Giants, Redskins and Dolphins were exhilarating!  Move over Parcells, Gase is the new great HC of the NYJ.  I can’t express how proud I am of this losing team!

Why are you leaving the great hard fought 13-6 SB kind of win against the playoff bound Bills? Please don’t give me the excuse that it was against the Bills’ back up players.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

I’m not upset or even mad that we won today but Idk I can’t really explain it. Darnold definitely improved, Gregg Williams did an unreal job with what he had to work with which were great. I can’t help feeling like I wanted more. I get it a wins are wins but our offense was so bad this year. Gases play calling was great on the 1st drive and then it’s like he hits the snack bar and gives Dowell control of the offense for the rest of the game. The use of Leveon was criminal and damaged any trade value he had with that contract as well. Especially frustrating seeing how multiple teams were calling about Bell at the deadline yet we kept him only to not really use him. Idk man I’m glad the team rallied behind Gase and I hate to be negative after a 7 win injury riddled season but idk I just think it’s fair to have doubts about the future. 

What if its really Dowell who designs the first 15 plays and Gase takes over from there?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Adam Gase offensive wizard who doesn’t have the slightest clue how to use running backs. Every RB who left him in Miami went on to do better things else where. Now He turns one the best offensive weapons in football In Bell into an after thought. 

Worst OL in the NFL and that was before the injuries that had 10 different starters throughout the season.

How anyone could think that Bell's style of patience and lateral dalliance could be successful with a line that could barely give Darnold 3 seconds to throw is smoking whatever it is that the NFL is testing Le'veon for.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We are the greatest 7-9 team in NFL history.  The wins over the Giants, Redskins and Dolphins were exhilarating!  Move over Parcells, Gase is the new great HC of the NYJ.  I can’t express how proud I am of this losing team!

1-7 followed by 6-2 is a success.  If you wish to wallow in your defeatist SOJF victimhood, by all means, enjoy.  Might want to put your hand in a meat slicer, far more effective, would show your dedication to misery that much more.

SAR I

22 minutes ago, SR24 said:

If you focus only on the last 8 games, when Darnold was back and Beachum and a couple of other pieces regained some health, there's a lot to look forward to.  We give Gase a pass for playcalling because the December Jets O was nothing like the August Jets O we were expecting.  Injuries happen, but not to this extent.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

1-7 followed by 6-2 is a success.  If you wish to wallow in your defeatist SOJF victimhood, by all means, enjoy.  Might want to put your hand in a meat slicer, far more effective, would show your dedication to misery that much more.

SAR I

Is your wealth based on the same formula you are using to explain the NY Jets win-loss recored. 

You might want to have an accountant check things out for you.

joewilly12 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I’m actually really excited about how this season went.  Gase gave us a losing season that I’ll treasure forever!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Why are you leaving the great hard fought 13-6 SB kind of win against the playoff bound Bills? Please don’t give me the excuse that it was against the Bills’ back up players.  

You realize that the Bills backups we played today were better than the Jets backups-to-the-backups we matched up against them, yes?  And it's been that way all season. 

So going into that stadium, against a loose and more talented opponent, in foul weather, with no running game, and with a kicker that couldn't hit the side of a barn, to come out of there with a win was a nice accomplishment.  Part of the process of transitioning from a loser to a winner is the ability to win close games on the road.  Today was a nice step for many players.  About half, actually, who are raw practice players or carryovers from last year's Bowles debacle.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Is your wealth based on the same formula you are using to explain the NY Jets win-loss recored. 

You might want to have an accountant check things out for you.

joewilly12 

I'm not discussing my fanatical situation.  "Rich as f--k" is a Manish joke, you get this right?

SAR I

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I’m actually really excited about how this season went.  Gase gave us a losing season that I’ll treasure forever!

We just had the best 8 week run since Parcells '98 Jets.  So, yeah, we all should be excited about next season.  Except for you and your meat slicer.  You can wallow in your SOJF misery together.

SAR I

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Worst OL in the NFL and that was before the injuries that had 10 different starters throughout the season.

How anyone could think that Bell's style of patience and lateral dalliance could be successful with a line that could barely give Darnold 3 seconds to throw is smoking whatever it is that the NFL is testing Le'veon for.

SAR I

...and this is why I greatly appreciated the leadership this year from Le'Veon Bell.  The OL sucked donkey balls and he knew it didn't mesh with his style of running, yet he soldiered on.  

• Upvote 2