6-2 FINISH - ADAM GASE - BEST COACHING JOB SINCE PARCELLS

SAR I

Just now, BallinPB said:

Still waiting on Gase to show something.  He’s shown absolutely nothing.  Without the defense which is coached by a 100x better coach in Gregg Williams, this team is a 2-14 team.  

NFL head coaches need to show two things:

1.  Leadership, Locker Room Bonding, Effort.

2.  Strategy, Playcalling, Adjustments, Creativity.

Due to the injuries, Gase was able to show he is an absolute stud at #1.  Because of those same injuries, Gase gets an incomplete on #2.  We have half a good head coach.  Let's see what next year brings.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

What you should be hearing are reasons.

And why are you surprised that we were the worst offense in the league?  We were projected to be Bottom 5 back in August.....when totally healthy!  Why do you think we would suddenly be Top 10 without our 2 best receivers, with our QB1 out for a month, with our QB2 out after five minutes, with 10 different offensive linemen playing 9 different positions, and with Le'veon Bell playing like a washed-up back who missed a full year? 

Answer me.  Why do you think we should have had elite NFL offensive production from an XFL roster?

SAR I

I never said we should have elite offensive production at all.  I’m responding to your boasts of Adam Gase.  When you are the leader of the 32nd ranked unit in the league, you deserve no accolades for that.  

You should be praising Gregg Williams and the defense for keeping this sh*t offense in most of these games.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

NFL head coaches need to show two things:

1.  Leadership, Locker Room Bonding, Effort.

2.  Strategy, Playcalling, Adjustments, Creativity.

Due to the injuries, Gase was able to show he is an absolute stud at #1.  Because of those same injuries, Gase gets an incomplete on #2.  We have half a good head coach.  Let's see what next year brings.

SAR I

I don’t know if this is an excellent troll job from you or you actually believe this but to say Gase is a stud in leadership and locker room bonding has to be a joke.  

The correct word is more like mediocre.  

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I never said we should have elite offensive production at all.  I’m responding to your boasts of Adam Gase.  When you are the leader of the 32nd ranked unit in the league, you deserve no accolades for that.  

You should be praising Gregg Williams and the defense for keeping this sh*t offense in most of these games.  

I praise Gregg Williams all the time, his was the one hire this offseason that was the most exciting for me.

But I find it hard to praise him for those two unfathomable sins-  this year's Buttfumble-  the losses to Miami and Cincinnati.  Remember?  The losses that prevented the 8-0 finish that you think you deserved.  How Gregg could let Andy Dalton and Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Joe Montana and Dan Marino I'll never know.  Tsk tsk.  You can't hate on Gase for those losses when it was the D that let us down both times.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I praise Gregg Williams all the time, his was the one hire this offseason that was the most exciting for me.

But I find it hard to praise him for those two unfathomable sins-  this year's Buttfumble-  the losses to Miami and Cincinnati.  Remember?  The losses that prevented the 8-0 finish that you think you deserved.  How Gregg could let Andy Dalton and Ryan Fitzpatrick look like Joe Montana and Dan Marino I'll never know.  Tsk tsk.  You can't hate on Gase for those losses when it was the D that let us down both times.

SAR I

Your takes are...

bad movies endless trash GIF

9 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I don’t know if this is an excellent troll job from you or you actually believe this but to say Gase is a stud in leadership and locker room bonding has to be a joke.  

The correct word is more like mediocre.  

1-7 teams have only finished 6-2 8 times in the history of the NFL.

And as a Jets fan, you know what goes on here with the likes of Edwards, Mangini, Groh, Ryan, and Bowles.  We collapse.  We infight.  We get speeding tickets.  We get caught with weed.  We take dick pics on Instagram.  We bed underage girls.  We force our way out of town.

Gase held this team together like glue.  After the Bills win, key defensive players were signing his praises.  What's mediocre are SOJF's with their broken record complaints and misreads.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Your takes are...

Yes, I know.  You can stop reading SAR and go back to your crying now.  Go punch a wall.  Far more effective, will make you a lot more miserable a lot faster.

Because this was your Super Bowl season, and Adam Gase ruined it.  Man, how can you sleep at night?

SAR I

• Haha 1

Just now, SAR I said:

SAR I

You’re clearly cherry picking two games which the defense was suspect in.  

This is literally the worst offense I’ve ever seen the Jets field in my lifetime.  Even with all of the injuries I’m just not sure how you say this is the best coaching job since Parcells.  

It would be one thing if Gase took an injury riddled offense and made them a respectable unit but they weren’t.  

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

You’re clearly cherry picking two games which the defense was suspect in.  

No!  You're cherry picking the 2 bad losses and ignoring the 7 impressive wins.  And I'm saying that those 2 losses are more on GW than AG.  Because the D didn't show up in those 2 games.  Dalton and Fitzpatrick went up and down the field all game.

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

This is literally the worst offense I’ve ever seen the Jets field in my lifetime.

I agree.  But there are reasons for it.  Reasons, not excuses.  Reasons.  I've listed them already.  No need to repeat.

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Even with all of the injuries I’m just not sure how you say this is the best coaching job since Parcells.  

6-2 after 1-7 and mono and flying planes and Daily News hatchet jobs?  That's impressive.  And it's just fact-  Gase's last 8 games produced the best record since Parcells '98.  That's just true.  It's not some theory.

5 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

It would be one thing if Gase took an injury riddled offense and made them a respectable unit but they weren’t.  

Dead wrong.  They weren't Top 10.  They weren't elite.  But they were "respectable".  Completely respect the job Gase did making something out of nothing.  We won 6 of our last 8 games with no talent on the field.  Young QB playing like one.  No WR1 or WR2 on the roster, playing with a bunch of WR3's and 4's.  Le'veon Bell playing badly, not making space, not hitting any holes, not a factor in the passing game.  Opposing DC's stacking the box.  Nightmare.  Yet here we are, second-best record in the NFL for the second half of the season.  A playoff team this very day if we had a legitimate kicker. 

Stop looking for excuses to hate your head coach.  Start looking at the good things that actually happened.

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

You realize that the Bills backups we played today were better than the Jets backups-to-the-backups we matched up against them, yes?  And it's been that way all season. 

So going into that stadium, against a loose and more talented opponent, in foul weather, with no running game, and with a kicker that couldn't hit the side of a barn, to come out of there with a win was a nice accomplishment.  Part of the process of transitioning from a loser to a winner is the ability to win close games on the road.  Today was a nice step for many players.  About half, actually, who are raw practice players or carryovers from last year's Bowles debacle.

SAR I

I don’t know how you can spin all these BS with a straight face pretending that you are serious about your argument.  Either you are hired by the former Payton Manning’s coffee boy to be his personal PR man infiltrating on every boards spreading lies about how great that charlatán is or you are trolling us.  Which one is it SAR I?

Just now, SAR I said:

No!  You're cherry picking the 2 bad losses and ignoring the 7 impressive wins.  And I'm saying that those 2 losses are more on GW than AG.  Because the D didn't show up in those 2 games.  Dalton and Fitzpatrick went up and down the field all game.

I agree.  But there are reasons for it.  Reasons, not excuses.  Reasons.  I've listed them already.  No need to repeat.

6-2 after 1-7 and mono and flying planes and Daily News hatchet jobs?  That's impressive.  And it's just fact-  Gase's last 8 games produced the best record since Parcells '98.  That's just true.  It's not some theory.

Dead wrong.  They weren't Top 10.  They weren't elite.  But they were "respectable".  Completely respect the job Gase did making something out of nothing.  We won 6 of our last 8 games with no talent on the field.  Young QB playing like one.  No WR1 or WR2 on the roster, playing with a bunch of WR3's and 4's.  Le'veon Bell playing badly, not making space, not hitting any holes, not a factor in the passing game.  Opposing DC's stacking the box.  Nightmare.  Yet here we are, second-best record in the NFL for the second half of the season.  A playoff team this very day if we had a legitimate kicker. 

Stop looking for excuses to hate your head coach.  Start looking at the good things that actually happened.

SAR I

There’s nothing respectable about finishing last in the league.  Nothing at all.

Nothing good happened this year.  Another wasted year.  A year where our supposed “franchise” QB did not take the next step.  

I will keep being critical of Gase until he proves otherwise.  I don’t hate him.  He’s never shown to be a quality offensive coordinator or head coach in his career.  Why should I change my position just because he’s the coach of the team I root for?  While I hope he succeeds because if he does then the Jets will, I will continue to be critical of him until he produces results.  Results that end in playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I haven't been more proud of the Jets since 2010, just a tremendous job of overcoming injuries, illnesses, retirements, and the hype media nonsense.  Most coaches would have folded or had their teams turn into a backstabbing mess.  Coach held it together and got backups and backups-to-backups to play beyond their abilities.

Congratulations Adam Gase and all the coaches and players.  Next season is going to be epic.  Can't wait!

SAR I

This is pathetic. Gase is worse coach we probably ever had

bungles also beat Bakerbrowns

miami just beat pats

also, lotsa folks pointing at buffy.. lamenting how much further along they are...

whats their record if barkleys backup plays 2 games this year? or if their starters were resting on ir?

which is not to say we are good. the d was dece. the ol was a dumpsta fyre. 

i watched alotta bad football. but it WAS nice to get wins second half.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

All jokes aside he did a really good job getting this team to 7 wins with all the injuries, same illness, the early suspensions, the insanity of calling for him to be fired after 4 games,...  

As a guy running the O I still have questions about Gase but as a HC he rallied his team in incredibly difficult circumstances.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

The season is over. It was a decent finish. Williams has done an excellent job with the D considering many injuries. I’m not sold on Gase at this time although my previous opinions were emotionally driven. I have seen some changes in the play calling that I like. Is Gase the elite offensive guru that SAR says he is? I’m not in that camp by a long shot. However the team did not quit on him, he didn’t lose the locker room and Sam is seemingly all in with Gase. I’m willing to see what he can do with an improved O-line and maybe a #1 receiver that I hope the Jets can pick up. Gase has to find a way to get Bell back to his true RB dynamics. Over 1000yds rushing and another   500-600 receiving. Jets have promising TE’s for next year. I’d really like to see a stout FB added to the mix next year. Teams are having success again with a 2 set backfield. Sam IMHO is progressing and I’m confident he’ll continue to get better. 
The schedule will not be easy next year so this team needs to come out of the gates hard and fast.

• Upvote 1

There were not that many devastating injuries on offense (especially to the skill position players), and the Jets, commanded by an "offensive genius" with a young talented QB and a bell cow running back, had one of the least efficient offenses in modern NFL history.  Don't want to hear anything about the O-Line as an excuse, which seemed just fine to me in the second half.

10 hours ago, DRJETS said:

I don’t know how you can spin all these BS with a straight face pretending that you are serious about your argument.  Either you are hired by the former Payton Manning’s coffee boy to be his personal PR man infiltrating on every boards spreading lies about how great that charlatán is or you are trolling us.  Which one is it SAR I?

Some of us can be objective.  Some of us can only be narrow-minded haters.

Ask a Packers fan what he expected from the Jets this season.  He'd have said 6-10.   We finished 7-9.  With ridiculous injuries and a ton of backups.  WTF are you complaining about?

SAR I

10 hours ago, BallinPB said:

There’s nothing respectable about finishing last in the league.  Nothing at all.

Then be mad at God.  He's the one who crippled the Jets with 18 players on IR and scores of backups and third-stringers as starters.  Gase didn't hurt the players.  Gase didn't give Sam mono.  Gase didn't pull Mosley's groin.  Gase didn't get Herndon suspended.  Gase didn't blow Enunwa's knee.  God.  He's your man.  Go be mad at God.

Nothing good happened this year.  Another wasted year.  A year where our supposed “franchise” QB did not take the next step.  

1.  Gase validated as able to lead a broken culture and fix it.  Validated as being able to overcome adversity.  Validated as being creative enough to make an XFL caliber roster win NFL games.

2.  Several backups and third-stringers validated as capable NFL players, perhaps starters in the future.

That's really good.  That's not wasted.  In a year where we weren't winning a Super Bowl, it's about the best thing that could have happened in our injured circumstances.

11 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I will keep being critical of Gase until he proves otherwise.  I don’t hate him.

We're on the same page.  Gase is only halfway validated.  Good culture and locker room, good use of backups to win games.  We don't know anything about how he calls a game with a fully-equipped NFL caliber offense.  That comes next year.

SAR I

It's not an excuse.  It's a reason.  "Next man up" doesn't apply with the amount and cluster of injuries we had this year.

Speaking of excuses, I'm tired of hearing yours.  "Gase is a bad coach because blah blah...".  Stop making excuses for the players.  Apparently you feel they should have been 12-4 this year.

SAR I

10 hours ago, peebag said:

Joey D really needs to have a great offseason.  This team is still a long ways away from competing for anything relevant.

Disagree.

If we had a legit NFL kicker, we'd have been 9-7.  If Sam doesn't get mono, we'd have been 11-5.

The Bills were 100% healthy all season.  If the situation was reversed, if the Bills had 18 players on IR and a grocery bag quarterback for 3 games, we'd have made the playoffs, not them.

SAR I

12 hours ago, Jet Life said:

If a clown like Rex Ryan had us 7-9 after all these injuries, Jet fans would be creaming themselves 

Yup, because Rex runs his mouth and most people are part of the cult of personality. Gase isn't a bluster pro which most of the population wants and needs. No thought or analysis just knee jerk buzz words and instant gratification. It's why people actually watch cable news as low brow as it is.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Disagree.

If we had a legit NFL kicker, we'd have been 9-7.  If Sam doesn't get mono, we'd have been 11-5.

The Bills were 100% healthy all season.  If the situation was reversed, if the Bills had 18 players on IR and a grocery bag quarterback for 3 games, we'd have made the playoffs, not them.

SAR I

So we just need a new kicker...lol.

10 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

This is pathetic. Gase is worse coach we probably ever had

Your offseason homework shall be to watch highlights of Joe Walton, Bruce Coslet, Al Groh, Herman Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan, and Todd Bowles.  You don't know what "worst" means.

SAR I

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Losmeister said:

bungles also beat Bakerbrowns

miami just beat pats

also, lotsa folks pointing at buffy.. lamenting how much further along they are...

whats their record if barkleys backup plays 2 games this year? or if their starters were resting on ir?

which is not to say we are good. the d was dece. the ol was a dumpsta fyre. 

i watched alotta bad football. but it WAS nice to get wins second half.

Bingo.

They apparently don't realize that when we lost to the Jags, Dolphins, and Bengals they all had better lineups than we did.  They seem to think the August Jets were still playing in November.  Like Enunwa, Herndon, Mosley, Williamson, half the OL, half the Secondary were all there in Florida and Ohio.  It's pathetic.  The lengths they'll go to because they don't like Gase.

SAR I

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

All jokes aside he did a really good job getting this team to 7 wins with all the injuries, same illness, the early suspensions, the insanity of calling for him to be fired after 4 games,...  

As a guy running the O I still have questions about Gase but as a HC he rallied his team in incredibly difficult circumstances.

Excellent point of view.  Bravo.  Let's be enthusiastic about the offseason.  Next September is going to be special.

SAR I

2 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I’m not sold on Gase at this time although my previous opinions were emotionally driven. I have seen some changes in the play calling that I like. Is Gase the elite offensive guru that SAR says he is? I’m not in that camp by a long shot. However the team did not quit on him, he didn’t lose the locker room and Sam is seemingly all in with Gase.

Good post, just to point out:

I do not believe Adam Gase is an elite offensive guru.  I haven't seen that in New York.  Gase proved half the story (determination, culture, obstacles) but is an incomplete on the other half (strategy, playcalling, adjustments) due to injuries that didn't put an NFL-caliber offense on the field.

My case is just that its too soon to judge Gase due to extenuating circumstances.  We know he can handle adversity.  We don't know much about how he would put up 40 points a game with a healthy O.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

There were not that many devastating injuries on offense (especially to the skill position players), and the Jets, commanded by an "offensive genius" with a young talented QB and a bell cow running back, had one of the least efficient offenses in modern NFL history.  Don't want to hear anything about the O-Line as an excuse, which seemed just fine to me in the second half.

Enunwa and Herndon were our #1 and #3 receiving threats and two players that Sam was bonded with.  Instead, we ran with our #2 and #4 who were easily covered by good defenses.  Our backup TE played decently, after that, Brown was blah.  11 in the box was the easy way to defense the Jets.

The OL was a joke.  Ranked #30 before the season began, it went completely downhill with injuries, 10 players playing different positions, only 1 starter playing his natural position after Week 6.  Worst OL in the NFL by far.

The QB is a 22 year old in a tough position.  Other kids his age are still in college.  Decent season considering the obstacles at WR, TE, OL.

And that leaves us at RB.  How about this:  Le'veon Bell is shot.  He's done.  He's no good after a year off.  And his style of patience and slurry shifting till a hole opens, well, that may work with an elite OL, doesn't fly with the worst OL in the league.

None of this has anything to do with coaching.  It's all personnel.  It's all core roster busted by Maccagnan and injuries due to God.  Gase is an incomplete.  If anything, we should be feeling sorry for Adam, he's the victim in all this.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yup, because Rex runs his mouth and most people are part of the cult of personality. Gase isn't a bluster pro which most of the population wants and needs. No thought or analysis just knee jerk buzz words and instant gratification. It's why people actually watch cable news as low brow as it is.

Exactly.  If Adam Gase were a cute and cuddly Sean McVay or Pete Carroll type, they'd love him.  Running up and down the sidelines, cheering like a fan.  I'll take the guy who is focused and does a good job quietly, thanks.  I don't need a show from my head coach.  Boring is fine.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, peebag said:

So we just need a new kicker...lol.

We'd be 9-7 if we had a good one.  He cost us 2 games all by himself.  Kickers are the leading scorers on their teams for a reason.  Confidence in your kicker prevents dumb things like wildcat in Buffalo and going for it on 4th and 8 in Cincinnati.

SAR I