6-2 FINISH - ADAM GASE - BEST COACHING JOB SINCE PARCELLS

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Good post, just to point out:

I do not believe Adam Gase is an elite offensive guru.  I haven't seen that in New York.  Gase proved half the story (determination, culture, obstacles) but is an incomplete on the other half (strategy, playcalling, adjustments) due to injuries that didn't put an NFL-caliber offense on the field.

My case is just that its too soon to judge Gase due to extenuating circumstances.  We know he can handle adversity.  We don't know much about how he would put up 40 points a game with a healthy O.

SAR I

SAR...The only thing that matters with Gase is if He is the right guy to develop Sam. The rest is all a semi interesting side show. Personally, I think at minimum the Jets have to bring in a new OC/QB coach and get Sam as far away from Gase as possible.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Can we rename this the 2020 Gase excuse thread so we can get a head start on next season?

Not excuses.  Reasons.

Thoroughbred breaks his ankle on the first turn at the Kentucky Derby, you don't blame the owner or the jockey for finishing last.  Sometimes, it's just a broken horse.

SAR I

1 minute ago, section314 said:

SAR...The only thing that matters with Gase is if He is the right guy to develop Sam. The rest is all a semi interesting side show. Personally, I think at minimum the Jets have to bring in a new OC/QB coach and get Sam as far away from Gase as possible.

How can you judge Gase's impact on Sam when Sam only had a WR2, a WR4, and a TE2 on the roster to throw to all season?

Jameson Crowder is a nice WR.  Robby is a good deep threat.  It's a miracle that Sam won 7 games.  Probably the worst set of receivers we've put on the field for a season since 2013 with Chaz Schillens, Stephen Hill, and Clyde Gates.  And unlike Sanchez, Darnold won games. 

Gase did a good job of making something out of nothing.  He's the victim here.  Hard to be a QB whisperer without NFL personnel on the field.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Can we rename this the "2020 Gase Excuse Thread" so we can get a head start on next season?

Mostly I’m waiting for Gase to start putting it out there that Darnold isn’t the QB he needs and seeing if a storyline like that develops. He said they’d be playing meaningful games in December. Didn’t happen. Gase is a fraud. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Mostly I’m waiting for Gase to start putting it out there that Darnold isn’t the QB he needs and seeing if a storyline like that develops. He said they’d be playing meaningful games in December. Didn’t happen. Gase is a fraud. 

That's the one thing he can't do. There's zero chance Gase outlasts Darnold with this team. He's tied to him.

BS worst because he should have beat at least 1 of the 2 win-less teams we played. That is not good coaching and with those loses you can not consider him a successful coach in his first yr here. Never mind the fact the offensive guru finished in the bottom of the league in most offensive categories. You can not make this up people saying gase is an offensive wonder and his offense is 31 and 32. while the defense had more injuries and was playing without starting corners or starting inside linebackers and performed

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/2019.htm

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Then be mad at God.  He's the one who crippled the Jets with 18 players on IR and scores of backups and third-stringers as starters.  Gase didn't hurt the players.  Gase didn't give Sam mono.  Gase didn't pull Mosley's groin.  Gase didn't get Herndon suspended.  Gase didn't blow Enunwa's knee.  God.  He's your man.  Go be mad at God.

1.  Gase validated as able to lead a broken culture and fix it.  Validated as being able to overcome adversity.  Validated as being creative enough to make an XFL caliber roster win NFL games.

2.  Several backups and third-stringers validated as capable NFL players, perhaps starters in the future.

That's really good.  That's not wasted.  In a year where we weren't winning a Super Bowl, it's about the best thing that could have happened in our injured circumstances.

We're on the same page.  Gase is only halfway validated.  Good culture and locker room, good use of backups to win games.  We don't know anything about how he calls a game with a fully-equipped NFL caliber offense.  That comes next year.

SAR I

Are you absolutely positively  sure Gase didn’t give Sam mono?????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Not even going to justify this with a response.  Watch some old games. 

SAR I

look we will jsut disagree, I just dont know how after a whole season then watchign the bills game you dont understand Gase is terrible. He keeps showing you, screaming at you that he is a bad coach but you still want to hold his jockstrap. its crazy.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Are you absolutely positively  sure Gase didn’t give Sam mono?????

Yeah, was he pulling CJ Mosleys groin as well? The hate for Gase is sooo over the top...Like we never had a sh@tty coach before...at least he held the team together, he and Douglas deserve at least next season...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

38 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

ADAM GASE: Look I need players that can play, who can win games with Sam Darnold, L Bell? no one thats who. 

Rest of the world: didn't you start Luke Falk the guy you love and knows your system best?

ADAM GASE: TACOS!!!

Rest of world: huh?

ADAMA GASE: look im not in charge of the roster

Rest of world: shou;nt' you at least be open to the fact that you have some of the blame here? maybe should make adjustments?

ADAM GASE: No I'm rich!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We are the greatest 7-9 team in NFL history.  The wins over the Giants, Redskins and Dolphins were exhilarating!  Move over Parcells, Gase is the new great HC of the NYJ.  I can’t express how proud I am of this losing team!

I guess you would have held a ticker tape parade for Mike McCarthy after he had this team at 5-11

22 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

look we will jsut disagree, I just dont know how after a whole season then watchign the bills game you dont understand Gase is terrible. He keeps showing you, screaming at you that he is a bad coach but you still want to hold his jockstrap. its crazy.

Give me one NFL HC that looks great with an absolute sieve for an Oline.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He said they’d be playing meaningful games in December. Didn’t happen. Gase is a fraud. 

Sure looked like the Steelers and Bills games meant a hell of a lot to every player on the Jets roster.  Meaningful doesn't only mean 'playoffs'.  Meaningful also means an opportunity for a depleted team to rise to the occasion and play at a higher level.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, rammagen said:

BS worst because he should have beat at least 1 of the 2 win-less teams we played. That is not good coaching and with those loses you can not consider him a successful coach in his first yr here. Never mind the fact the offensive guru finished in the bottom of the league in most offensive categories. You can not make this up people saying gase is an offensive wonder and his offense is 31 and 32. while the defense had more injuries and was playing without starting corners or starting inside linebackers and performed

Years of the Jets investing more in their defense than their offense helped Gregg Williams markedly on that side of the ball.

Years of the Jets ignoring the offense came home to roost, especially when the injury bug bit.  Hard.

The team the Jets flew into Miami and Cincinnati were not better than the home teams they played those days.  No NFL games are easy, we were rock bottom from a roster standpoint then.  Oh, and look up the stats for Dalton and Fitzpatrick against the Fish and Bengals.  I love Gregg, but those were his worst two games, let two ancient QB's eat him for lunch.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The team we put on the field yesterday was worse than the backups the Bills put on the field.

That's what you don't understand.  We weren't playing with a full deck this season.  We were racing with a three-legged horse.

SAR I

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sure looked like the Steelers and Bills games meant a hell of a lot to every player on the Jets roster.  Meaningful doesn't only mean 'playoffs'.  Meaningful also means an opportunity for a depleted team to rise to the occasion and play at a higher level.

SAR I

That’s not what he meant when he said it and you know it. Stop trolling. 

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Years of the Jets investing more in their defense than their offense helped Gregg Williams markedly on that side of the ball.

Years of the Jets ignoring the offense came home to roost, especially when the injury bug bit.  Hard.

The team the Jets flew into Miami and Cincinnati were not better than the home teams they played those days.  No NFL games are easy, we were rock bottom from a roster standpoint then.  Oh, and look up the stats for Dalton and Fitzpatrick against the Fish and Bengals.  I love Gregg, but those were his worst two games, let two ancient QB's eat him for lunch.

SAR I

True that the defense was heavily invested in but how many of those investments were on the field over the year and how many played to expectations. In the beginning of season I remember that the consensus was the Jets would have to win shootouts since the D had no rush nor cover corners so can’t really buy that investment line of thought. Not ready to run Gase out as he did do some things well but by same token not convinced he is the correct coach need to give him next year.  Gases legacy here will be as good as Darnold takes him and vice versa If they win a Super Bowl together they both will never ever have to pay for a drink or a dinner in NYC ever again 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, that would be the irresponsible SOJF Society, trying to throw a potential franchise head coach in the trash a year too soon.

SAR I

Since 1998 there has been more than one season of coaching obviously better than anything that fat **** did here, so no, it is an affront to humanity and me personally.

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

The team we put on the field yesterday was worse than the backups the Bills put on the field.

That's what you don't understand.  We weren't playing with a full deck this season.  We were racing with a three-legged horse.

SAR I

crazy talk. you fail to understand is that we should be winning games we are losing because of coaching. Every team has injuries and sure some of our players wouldn't start on other teams but lets get real, the team played like crap and couldn't score sh*t because gase was callingthe plays and just like every other game made coaching mistakes and didn't have any plan to take advantage of what we do have or attack the opposition weakness. you can't blame not getting bell the ball in space on injuries, its play calling.

you miss the point and reject the most basic aspect of the game - put your team in a position to win. Every other coach in the league and most coordinators would have won more games than gase by simply running when you are supposed to run and passing when you are supposed to pass. Call timeouts when you are supposed to call time outs and most importantly give the ball to playmakers.

Hell how about just giving our qb some more protection and calling plays with quick passes, this is bush league madded strategy that gase failed to grasp. He coudl be coaching a probowl team and not score points. 

You predictably would cite godly intervention or some other ridiculous rationalization to pretend gase wasn't the problem.

Idk man maybe you are right maybe gase will somehow turn it all around - i mean he is really good, I mean he says he is really good. who are we to question it, its not like he has failed every place he has ever been.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So, Freddie Kitchens is better than Gase and he gets fired after one year.  Why is Gase still here?  

Our owners suck.

Offense was 31 of 32 in NFL in points scored and 32 of 32 in offensive yards. The HC (by his own words) lets Greg Williams handle the D. The defense was 16th in points allowed and 7th in yards allowed! The defense was clearly leaps and bounds ahead of the offense. Williams did it with Macs mid round defensive lineman, no corners, completely depleted line backing corps and exceptional safeties. Who’s the better coach?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

pretty sure you are the SOJF...

He dissapeared during 8 games this season, and then popped back up late. He always runs (and sells his precious season tix) whenever times are tough for the Jets. Hes a delusional fair weather fan. Very strange pathology.  

3 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Offense was 31 of 32 in NFL in points scored and 32 of 32 in offensive yards. The HC (by his own words) lets Greg Williams handle the D. The defense was 16th in points allowed and 7th in yards allowed! The defense was clearly leaps and bounds ahead of the offense. Williams did it with Macs mid round defensive lineman, no corners, completely depleted line backing corps and exceptional safeties. Who’s the better coach?

With only one exception, the Jets have spent every meaningful high draft choice on defense since Rex Ryan circa 2009.

The injuries on O were far more impactful than those on D.  The D was able to absorb more because it had more depth to begin with.  The O is Maccagnan's ghost town.

SAR I

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

He dissapeared during 8 games this season, and then popped back up late. He always runs (and sells his precious season tix) whenever times are tough for the Jets. Hes a delusional fair weather fan. Very strange pathology.  

I attended 9 games this year, the exception being the second preseason contest.  Last year I missed 1 game.

You're going to have to do better than that, Firefraud.

SAR I