We got the 11th pick

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This mock has us taking the EDGE out of Iowa. Really hope they use their 1st on an offense position 

70CACB28-189C-42F4-90EF-6B6B131CEF43.png

If the draft were to shake out this way this would be a great pick. I’m with you on needing offense man but I’d rather fill another huge hole at Edge instead of reaching on an OL imo. I also don’t think Jacksonville is going to draft another OT after taking Juwaan Taylor at #35 last year 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SR24 said:

If the draft were to shake out this way this would be a great pick. I’m with you on needing offense man but I’d rather fill another huge hole at Edge instead of reaching on an OL imo. I also don’t think Jacksonville is going to draft another OT after taking Juwaan Taylor at #7 last year 

I wouldn’t be upset either.  It’s a HUGE need.  We can’t get to any QB

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I really don’t get the whole”meaningless wins” argument.  No team is just gonna lie down and lose on purpose.  There are a lot of bad teams this year so it would have been very difficult to tank even if we wanted to 

Purposeful losing is front office driven.  We could have benched Darnold and some other key players today, either for the full game or after a drive, quarter, or a half. 

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

WR or OL. It’s very simple. I don’t care if they’re being taken too soon. 

Totally agree but I don't think it's even possible to be taking one too early given our draft slot. This draft is loaded at both positions.

Be nice if Denver wins. Pick 11 is a great spot in this draft based on the fact probably 2 QBs will be picked, Burrow & Tua. Just deduct players we don't need like QBs, Chase Young will be gone, Okudah will be gone & the edge Rusher Espenesa. 

Thats 5 pretty sure bets to be gone. That leaves 5 players before the Jets pick. Then you have Herbert at QB, Brown the best DT & Simmons the best LB. So for S & Gs, that leaves 3 more players before the Jets pick. 

By most Mocks that leaves the following: Jeudy- Thomas- Ceedee Lamb- Austin Jackson- Mekhi Becton- Laviska Shenault- Wirfs- Ruggs- Tee Higgins, on the Oline at WR which is a huge need for our Jets.

We're in line to get a top player at a position of need in this draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

@Jets723 on an emotional neg rep binge of people he doesn't agree with, I see.  Can't come up with a counter argument?

I just see no point bitching about not tanking.  Teams have drafted very well in the 10-15 range before.  Gotta give Douglas a chance. Sorry you are too sensitive lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I just see no point bitching about not tanking.  Teams have drafted very well in the 10-15 range before.  Gotta give Douglas a chance. Sorry you are too sensitive lol

You said you didn't get why people wanted to take the L, then neg repped people when they explained why they wanted it.  

Disagree all you want.  Just don't throw a hissy fit because you get an answer to a question you don't like.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

You said you didn't get why people wanted to take the L, then neg repped people when they explained why they wanted it.  

Dude get over it.  We are all a Jet fans here.  It’s over now.  We are picking 12 so just gotta hope Douglas is the real deal 

17 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I wouldn’t be upset either.  It’s a HUGE need.  We can’t get to any QB

The only NEED IMO is OL. That's it.  WR comes in second, but it's distant. Everyone we have currently would be elevated by 2-4 more seconds of pocket time and some actual holes for the RB's.  

OL OL OL WR CB Edge 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, GREENBEAN said:

The only NEED IMO is OL. That's it.  WR comes in second, but it's distant. Everyone we have currently would be elevated by 2-4 more seconds of pocket time and some actual holes for the RB's.  

OL OL OL WR CB Edge 

I don’t disagree.  I’ve said OL is too priority 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

I don’t disagree.  I’ve said OL is too priority 

I seriously hope we don't get sucked into the value argument for a Defensive player.  I wouldn't even be furious with the first 3rd being edge, but id be disappointed if we go D before that. 

• Upvote 1

I seriously hope we don't get sucked into the value argument for a Defensive player.  I wouldn't even be furious with the first 3rd being edge, but id be disappointed if we go D before that. 

I agree.  That’s why the Leo trade was great.  Getting that extra high 3rd could be huge with filling the edge position 

• Upvote 1

OL OL OL WR CB Edge 

WR is definitely not a distant second, especially when Robby leaves via free agency. When Crowder is head and shoulders the best WR on your team it is a dire need. And I'm not trying to downplay our other dire need on the Oline.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

This mock has us taking the EDGE out of Iowa. Really hope they use their 1st on an offense position 

70CACB28-189C-42F4-90EF-6B6B131CEF43.png

Daniel Jeremiah thinks Jedrick Wills (Alabama) will end up being the first tackle taken, which should push someone down to us. If the first round shakes out the way it’s presented here, you can just take Wills or Biadasz and coast. Trade Adams for that Cowboys picks and get Wills and Biadasz.

10 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I agree.  That’s why the Leo trade was great.  Getting that extra high 3rd could be huge with filling the edge position 

Indeed. I agree 100%.  It's a major bummer that he was only worth a 3rd after all of the investment, but the D actually played better when he was gone so it's nice to get some draft capital. I'll be curious to see if the Giants sign him so we can get that 4th as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Daniel Jeremiah thinks Jedrick Wills (Alabama) will end up being the first tackle taken, which should push someone down to us. If the first round shakes out the way it’s presented here, you can just take Wills or Biadasz and coast. Trade Adams for that Cowboys picks and get Wills and Biadasz.

I hope Adams retires a Jet after a 36 year career. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Totally fair. I’m on record as saying I’m giving him some rope. 

Ok cool.  That’s what I said in my original post.  I didn’t make any declarations that he will be great.  In fact I said he BETTER have a big offseason.  I have confidence but not blind confidence.  He needs to prove it quickly 

12 minutes ago, RobR said:

WR is definitely not a distant second, especially when Robby leaves via free agency. When Crowder is head and shoulders the best WR on your team it is a dire need. And I'm not trying to downplay our other dire need on the Oline.

I get it, but it's not even close to the desperation we are in with the OL. Darnold is under pressure just about every single play and our RB's can't get to the LOS without getting hit by the D. I know you know so I'm not gonna go further into the details, but the WR's we have today could be more than adequate for year 1 1/2 of Gase/ Williams/ Douglas.  Once the OL is packed full of Beef like an Omaha Steaks delivery box then we can worry about everything else. 

Of. course we will address other things at the same time, but most of our resources should go to OL. 

PS. Not only is Robbie staying, but we are 75% likely to grab Amari Cooper in FA. Id also like to add that the percentage I just used is entirely fabricated. I will simply keep using it until it sticks. You'll see.  :) ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I get it, but it's not even close to the desperation we are in with the OL. Darnold is under pressure just about every single play and our RB's can't get to the LOS without getting hit by the D. I know you know so I'm not gonna go further into the details, but the WR's we have today could be more than adequate for year 1 1/2 of Gase/ Williams/ Douglas.  Once the OL is packed full of Beef like an Omaha Steaks delivery box then we can worry about everything else. 

Of. course we will address other things at the same time, but most of our resources should go to OL. 

PS. Not only is Robbie staying, but we are 75% likely to grab Amari Cooper in FA. Id also like to add that the percentage I just used is entirely fabricated. I will simply keep using it until it sticks. You'll see.  :) ? 

I could easily make a case that WR is an even bigger need than Oline considering what free agents we have coming up. 

I get the need for Oline and you know I do. I've been begging this team to draft them for a decade now, not unlike how I want us to draft WR's or even burn a higher pick on a RB. 

Let's just hope JD completely ignores defense until the fourth round, if at all. This years draft aligns with our most crucial needs, so I'm only hoping JD doesn't screw it up and draft a defensive player early. Trotting out these bottom of the barrel offenses we've seen for what seems like forever now is getting old. 

• Upvote 3