We got the 11th pick

Rhg1084

13 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Jets have too many needs to trade the Giants pick away. How much higher in the 1st round could we move if we package our #1 with the 3rd rounder from the Giants?

We "could" go from 12 to as high as 8th. Giants pick is worth about 260 points. 

12th pick is worth 1200

8th pick is worth 1400

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

12th pick is worth 1200

8th pick is worth 1400

But why would we do that.....we need more picks, not less.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Your ideally differs from mine. My ideally is we hold onto one of the best safeties in the league who is easily the best player we have drafted in a long long time instead of trading him away for a roll of the dice that have failed us so many times before.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

The best SS in the league was invisible today while our RT was a turnstile. Make the trade in a second, SS for RT. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, JTJet said:

So after all the people hoping we would lose today, we only dropped 1 spot but still got a W and ended the season on a high note. 

It looks like we dropped a couple of slots with Jax winning. Would have picked 9th instead of 11th if we lost today. It's going to be curious who gets drafted 9th and 10th.....just watch Wirfs and Lamb go in those two slots.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Jets will get an OT at 11.  With 10 picks ahead of us, 3 qbs will go, young and a few more defensive guys.  Throw in the wrs.  Jets will be fine.

I bet good money Miami makes a Jets/Colts type trade with Wash/Detroit to secure a QB. 

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

12th pick is worth 1200

8th pick is worth 1400

I'd trust JD to make the right call on a possible trade up if he thought that a can't miss franchise LT or RT was on the board.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Arizona will take Wirfs if not Jax

I think Arizona takes Lamb reunites him with Kyler. Didn’t Jax just draft Juwaan Taylor last year? I remember him being mocked really high but then being drafted in the early 2nd. I haven’t watched much of Jax this though fwiw

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I bet good money Miami makes a Jets/Colts type trade with Wash/Detroit to secure a QB. 

I hope so

I wouldn’t touch any of these QB’s in the 1st round besides Burrow who is a lock to end up in Cincinnati.

It would be hysterical to watch Miami go all in on someone like Tua or Herbert and take themselves out of the Lawrence/Fields race in 2021.

Just now, RobR said:

It looks like we dropped a couple of slots with Jax winning. Would have picked 9th instead of 11th if we lost today. It's going to be curious who gets drafted 9th and 10th.....just watch Wirfs and Lamb go in those two slots.

Yeah I get that, but isn't that every year no matter what slot we have? Same with any other team not picking 1? Just how the system is set up. 

I think we will get a damn good player cause I see 3 QBs going in the top 10 between Burrow/Tua/Herbert. 

Okudah/Young/Thomas are stone cold top 10 locks. Then there is always a random surprise in the top 10. 

We could be looking at 

Juedy/Lamb/Wirfs/Espenesa/Higgins/Shenault/Leatherwood. 

Damn good list of players in my mind. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I really don’t get the whole”meaningless wins” argument.  No team is just gonna lie down and lose on purpose.  There are a lot of bad teams this year so it would have been very difficult to tank even if we wanted to 

People who lose at life want their team to lose in order to get a better draft pick. The kind of people who want to see a roach in their food so that they can get a free meal. Keep clear of that loser mentality and the losers who feel that way. Glad to see that you understand. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

You have other teams like San Diego and possibly Carolina who will want one.  All 3 top qbs will go top 10.  The jets will wind up with Wirfs or the 3rd best OT when all is said and done.  

None of those teams have the firepower in draft picks like Miami does. They have 6 top 70 picks, 3 1sts, and 2 2nds. 

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Okudah/Young/Thomas are stone cold top 10 locks. Then there is always a random surprise in the top 10. 

We could be looking at 

Juedy/Lamb/Wirfs/Espenesa/Higgins/Shenault/Leatherwood. 

Damn good list of players in my mind. 

We're so far out nothing is a stone cold lock at this point in time. Hell, nothing is a stone cold lock come draft day.

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

None of those teams have the firepower in draft picks like Miami does. They have 6 top 70 picks, 3 1sts, and 2 2nds. 

Miami is loaded with picks.  The funny thing is that the first half they were clearly tanking but once Tua got hurt then they all of a sudden were a tougher team to beat