We got the 11th pick

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Are you kidding me? Players that are ranked high right now will slide come draft day....it happens every single year. We have yet to finish the bowl games, the all star games, the combine, pro days, and the rumor mill. Nothing is close to being set in stone during this time of year.  

I was referring to Chase Young. Outside of him (barring injury then him to) the players will move around a lot from now through the combine then up to the draft. 

9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I was referring to Chase Young. Outside of him (barring injury then him to) the players will move around a lot from now through the combine then up to the draft. 

I thought you were referring to the top of the draft class. 

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It would be malpractice for him to take Lamb over one of the OTs, plus they have Hakeem Butler coming back who was on IR all year.  

They have also devoted a ton of draft resources on the WR position the last two years. They have to go OT.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, RobR said:

Are you kidding me? Players that are ranked high right now will slide come draft day....it happens every single year. We have yet to finish the bowl games, the all star games, the combine, pro days, and the rumor mill. Nothing is close to being set in stone during this time of year.  

This is true remember last year Juwaan Taylor LT our of Florida was mocked as a 1st round lock and most people thought he’d go #7 to the Jags. They got him in the 2nd at #35 lol 

3 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Would have picked 9th had we lost. I'll take the win. A lot will change between now and April. Likely still in good position to land a top OL or WR prospect.

This draft is deep at both of those positions.  if there was ever a year to Fix OL and Wr in one draft, this is it

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

This is true remember last year Juwaan Taylor LT our of Florida was mocked as a 1st round lock and most people thought he’d go #7 to the Jags. They got him in the 2nd at #35 lol 

Medical concerns and the thought that he couldn't be a LT pushed him down.  He's done quite well as a rookie RT.  

Just now, SR24 said:

Aaron Rogers went from no later than the second pick overall when the draft started and fell to the mid 20's. 

Just now, sec101row23 said:

They drafted 3 last year alone.  

They also took QBs in the top 10 in back to back seasons.  The Cardinals will build this team offense exactly to Kliff's specifications.  

If Fitz retires, the top 3 receivers heading into next season are Kirk, Isabella and Hakeem Butler.  Isabella has been a ghost all year(if he were a Jet people would be crucifying the pick) and Butler was a 4th rounder who was a project to begin with and now lost a year of development.  Pretty tough to count on those guys for much.

And that leaves Kirk and his modest, but not bad, production as #1?  Not great.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Don’t care about value - we need to stop caring about “value” how has that done for us so far?

We take the best O-lineman available...Shouldn’t even be a discussion.  O-line should be the only players on our 1st round board.

Agree fully that they need to GREATLY improve the o-line, but they should not draft a player that isn't any good just to fill a need.  Remember the Giants with Flowers.

I'd like to see the Jets make Costanzo an offer he cant refuse. That would open the draft up for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, THE BARON said:

Agree fully that they need to GREATLY improve the o-line, but they should not draft a player that isn't any good just to fill a need.  Remember the Giants with Flowers.

I'd like to see the Jets make Costanzo an offer he cant refuse. That would open the draft up for the Jets. 

This is the thing that I’m tired of hearing.  We keep drafting BPA and keep missing.  Passing on better players. 

At some point you have to accept the draft is a bit of a crap shoot and simply take the best player at the biggest position of need.  

if your team is loaded with talent then sure, take BPA but the jets are in desperate need of OLine help.  They don’t have that luxury.  BOLA for the first three rounds!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

People who lose at life want their team to lose in order to get a better draft pick. The kind of people who want to see a roach in their food so that they can get a free meal. Keep clear of that loser mentality and the losers who feel that way. Glad to see that you understand. 

The Jets missed out on both Lawrence Taylor and Brett Favre by 1 pick. Could you imagine how different our franchise’s history would be if we go those guys?

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The Jets missed out on both Lawrence Taylor and Brett Favre by 1 pick. Could you imagine how different our franchise’s history would be if we go those guys?

The Jets also drafted a fat defensive lineman at 6 when they needed pretty much everything other than a fat defensive lineman. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Not by anybody that could evaluate prospects.

You said Edoga will be our LT for the next 10 years. didn't you? This is not a slam. the facts are the best talent evaluators in the league are wrong on a high percentage of their picks.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, fullblast said:

Would have picked 9th had we lost. I'll take the win over Buffalo's backups. It really showed alot about our team and has created that elusive winning culture. Fingers crossed we don't miss out on a player we really like! will change between now and April. Likely still in good position to land a top OL or WR prospect.

Ftfy

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And then when we take a G while several stud WR's have breakout rookie seasons we'll all wonder "Why can't we have one of those???"

Just trade Adams and take BPA at LT and WR. We really need two 1st round picks to fill those 2 pressing needs. We’re not going to sign 5 or 6 top FA’s to plug up these areas: edge LT, G, C, G, RT, CB, WR.  That’s 7 positions. Trading Adams gives us a much needed extra pick. We’d have 5, maybe 6 picks in the first 3 rounds. Throw in 3-4 top FA’s and then of a sudden we’re in business.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

You know what crazy last year there were lineman available all over , and we chose crap over them because the gm didn't understand how to build a roster etc. I have faith that our current gm actually does know how to build a roster and knows that the line is the priority.

Garunteed he picks offensive line I'm rd 1. And I bet he take at least one more in the top 4 rounds. Plus one more with. 6th or later pick.

3 lineman in the first 6. Think I'm wrong? Just watch.

He will most likely grab a WR or two. I bet OT and WR either 1, 2 or 2, 1

He knows to make the rest of the team work he needs to protect sam. 

He will also try to get some FA help in the line and FB.

• Upvote 1

Don’t care about value - we need to stop caring about “value” how has that done for us so far?
We take the best O-lineman available...Shouldn’t even be a discussion.  O-line should be the only players on our 1st round board.
The. trade down into the 20s.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I understand the sentiment but this team has multiple needs and WR is one of them.
Even if you resign Anderson (which is a HUGE if) we desperately need  another good WR. Crowder is a really nice slot guy, but we need another playmaker on the outside. 
If you cloned Robby Anderson and got a healthy year out of one of Herndon/Griffin with a slightly above average offensive line, the passing game would be pretty good, IMO
Cloning Anderson that would give us a total of one avg WR in weight.

The Jets will miss out on one of the potential Franchise LTs.   A WR will likely be the best  value, but so could a CB.  Either if fine if they can start and make an impact from day 1, unlike QW.
I don’t know if we can say this is because of meaningless wins.  Push come to shove the Jets were a 7-9 team.  Lots of weaknesses but a decent young QB and some good other players with very good defensive coaching.  
Many of us do not like Gase, but with a worse roster he gave the Jets their best season in 4 years.  
W. E. A. K. S. C. H. E. D. U. A. L.