We got the 11th pick

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

You're not going to get it (IMO).  And I don't balk at a 1 and 3, personally.  I think Adams is materially over-valued by Jets Fans.  Yes, he's an All-Pro.  An All-Pro Safety who is average at best in pass coverage and is primarily used as a substitute pass-rushed Edge and run stopping MLB, all things you can and should be getting from your actual edge and MLB positions.

End of the day, to improve, we must take some risks.  This is one, a calculated risk to be sure, but a worthy one.  It's a passing league.  Replace Adams with the best pass-defending Safety possible to pair with Maye, and use your front liners and linebackers to run stop and pass rush.   

This I agree with, Adams is basically doing what CJ Mosely will do next year back healthy. Just sign Clinton Dix for 3/4 million per & draft a late round Safety. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

You're not going to get it (IMO).  And I don't balk at a 1 and 3, personally.  I think Adams is materially over-valued by Jets Fans.  Yes, he's an All-Pro.  An All-Pro Safety who is average at best in pass coverage and is primarily used as a substitute pass-rushed Edge and run stopping MLB, all things you can and should be getting from your actual edge and MLB positions.

End of the day, to improve, we must take some risks.  This is one, a calculated risk to be sure, but a worthy one.  It's a passing league.  Replace Adams with the best pass-defending Safety possible to pair with Maye, and use your front liners and linebackers to run stop and pass rush.   

I agree completely.  If they can draft an OT at 11 and then use another 1st on a top wr they will have done way more for the team than if they keep Adams who will probably begin negotiating Through the media for a new long term deal in march.

• Upvote 3

I like it .. though maybe .. OL, QB, OL, OL, WR

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

lol. Sure. Cuz a second rd QB is of greater value than the OL or WR.

I get the jest but I’m good with Sam and would just love to see what a guy does with actual infrastructure in place before I grab my pitchfork.... which hangs by the front door.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

lol. Sure. Cuz a second rd QB is of greater value than the OL or WR.

I get the jest but I’m good with Sam and would just love to see what a guy does with actual infrastructure in place before I grab my pitchfork.... which hangs by the front door.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
I think having a premium backup ala Brady/Garapolo is just good sense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I don't why some people here think a WR is more important pick than a OL.  What good is having a great WR when your QB is under siege every down?   The greatest need and want should be to keep Sam upright and healthy.  When any QB has time to throw any decent WR will look like a pro bowler.   

My take is this by priority

1)  OL

2) Edge rusher

3) DB shut down

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Agreed.  Draft OL-WR-OL-WR till we're out of picks.

YEP... Greg Williams has shown he can get the most out of the defense.  Now imagine this Defense with Williamson and Mosley back. Coupled with an offense that can sustain some drives and keep the D rested.  #DRAFTOLWRONLY 

2 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

I don't why some people here think a WR is more important pick than a OL.  What good is having a great WR when your QB is under siege every down?   The greatest need and want should be to keep Sam upright and healthy.  When any QB has time to throw any decent WR will look like a pro bowler.   

1)  OL

2) Edge rusher

3) DB shut down

#2 - rb.  They need more speed and elusiveness at rb next year.  

3 minutes ago, MS jets Fan said:

1)  OL

2) Edge rusher

3) DB shut down

The defense was fine....

The offense is so far behind the D - blg money or high picks on edge and DB’s Is simply not what the Jets need right now.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Or a young guy that can hit the hole hard....with Gase’s system they need a downhill runner. 

They need a guy like the Clemson or LSU rbs - guys who can take a screen pass and go the distance.  That will open up the offense as much as a wr would and would take pressure off of darnold having to always buy time dancing in the pocket.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetworks said:

How far up can the Jets move up packaging the picks they received in the Williams trade? Or are those picks not allowed to be traded?

You can trade them but don't forget one of them is a 2021 pick.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Trade Adams.  Get 1 and 3.

1. O-Line

1. WR

2. O-Line

3. Edge

3. O-Line

3. CB

4. Strong Safety

5-7 Whatever (Any of RB, CB, O-lIne most likely)

That's a Draft, in general conceptual principal, I could very much support.

Add the best available O-line, WR and CB we can in FA (within reason, no more Trumain Johnsons!) and I'd say we're well reloaded for 2020.

Trading Jamal is 100% the right move. I agree with this completely. 

• Upvote 1