Baker 6-10 with weaponz

Just now, 14 in Green said:

100%

I was sick when the Browns took him, still haven’t seen anything in two years around here to make me feel better. 

If you’re happy with what you’ve been watching here, good for you. I’m not.

You know, for us Jets fans the greatest moment is when week 17 is over and Mayfield has thrown 3 more INT's and had a worse season than Darnold...and the Patriots didnt get a bye. 

The Jets are so bad, that's considered a good way to enter the offseason. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Big_Slick said:

How many commercials will feature Baker next season? Six wins with that talented a team surrounding him is pitiful.

He’ll get over it, and btw, as far as the commercials? Just as many.

Don’t blame him for being likeable. Some guys just exude personality...

6 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Crazy that even Dorsey isn’t safe. 

What a wild ride it’s been over there. What a waste of talent across the board. 

Is this true? 

Dorsey has been a mixed bag, to say the least, but I think firing him would be a huge step backwards for the Browns. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing?  Nothing about Year 2 that gave you qualms about anointing Baker?  Now you're just being intellectually dishonest OR trolling.  

Sam might well suck but Baker was straight up awful this season.  19 TD/18 INT, just 7.0 Y/A (same as Darnold), took 34 sacks, etc.  You can't seriously be critical of Darnold without being even remotely critical of Mayfield.  

A little trolling, yeah. Just giving it back to the guys taking needless shots.

I’ve said a bunch of times I never saw this coming. Looking back though, the Kitchens hire was a disaster, he never had control of the offense, or the players it seemed. Mayfield had a bad year though, it is what it is. 

I’ll stick with the point I made about Mayfield’s toughness though. I still think when all is said and done, he’ll be the one who has the best career of the ‘18 QB class.

You guys feel differently, that’s fine. None of us really know.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’ve said a bunch of times I never saw this coming. Looking back though, the Kitchens hire was a disaster, he never had control of the offense, or the players it seemed. Mayfield had a bad year though, it is what it is. 

I’ll stick with the point I made about Mayfield’s toughness though. I still think when all is said and done, he’ll be the one who has the best career of the ‘18 QB class.

Well put. If folks are going to talk about intellectual dishonesty and trolling, then we should call it out across the board if the convo is indeed serious.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

OK that's a lot better, lol.  I was worried about you for a second.....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Only losers take solace of their terrible team in how much other teams are also bad. It’s. A product of the franchise being terrible for a long stretch. Revel all you want in NE’s eventual demise, but cherry picking teams to beat your chest about is pretty low. 

Just let us have this schadenfreude, Carl.  We have nothing to look forward to until April!

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK that's a lot better, lol.  I was worried about you for a second.....

14 in Green is a good guy. Sometimes I think he is being serious but he is just fooling around.  Look fans have a right to have their own opinion.  Some are Sam fan, some are Baker fans, some are Lamar/Mahomes/ Watson fans.  I think it’s totally cool to have criticisms of either as long as it doesn’t get ridiculous.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

OBJ needs to take his behind to voluntary camp if thats the case. 

Dude is a complainer. Talented, but a complainer. It was literally comical to watch a play that either Mayfield messed up on or the play in general didnt go right and watch his tantrum, only for the very next play be a pass to him that he drops. 

I seen him arguing on the sidelines with Kitchens, and im sitting here like "You got to catch the ball before you can scream at your coach". 

I’m not going to defend him, I’m far from his biggest fan, but that sideline thing with Kitchens last week?

Both OBJ and the HC told the same story. Beckham came to the sidelines screaming to his coach the refs kept telling him one more of and he’d be thrown out. He had no beef with Fred.

You’re right about the drops though, and just when you want to give up, he makes a play like he did on 4th and 20, midway thru the 4th for a TD. 

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

14 in Green is a good guy. Sometimes I think he is being serious but he is just fooling around.  Look fans have a right to have their own opinion.  Some are Sam fan, some are Baker fans, some are Lamar/Mahomes/ Watson fans.  I think it’s totally cool to have criticisms of either as long as it doesn’t get ridiculous.  

He is, and he's a good poster.  But sometimes he goes a tad overboard on the Baker love and I can't tell if he's serious or not, lol.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Maybe, but some Baker buds, like you wouldn't give Sam the same excuses. They just whine incessantly, like you. LMAO 

Yeah, I get why you feel that way, but can you see why I like to tweak the guys who always look to rip on Baker?

i don’t know who started this whole Baker/Sam thing, but myself and villain have both always said we’re Jet fans first. We want to see Sam do well. 

I wont put any more words in his mouth, but I simply don’t feel as sure about Sam as a lot of you do. And, yeah, I can still be a Jets fan and root for Baker, because he’s the guy I loved watching at OU, and I wanted him here.

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I’m not going to defend him, I’m far from his biggest fan, but that sideline thing with Kitchens last week?

Both OBJ and the HC told the same story. Beckham came to the sidelines screaming to his coach the refs kept telling him one more of and he’d be thrown out. He had no beef with Fred.

You’re right about the drops though, and just when you want to give up, he makes a play like he did on 4th and 20, midway thru the 4th for a TD. 

Even outside of the Kitchens situation, which you are right about and I did forget, you cant drop that many balls and only have 4 TD's on the season. If that 4th and 20 situation was more consistent, then sure. You take the good with the bad. But man, there isnt one game this season where I can say that Odell just destroyed the defense or his defender. I thought more of his talent in respects to how defenders would have to respect and DC's would have to compensate for his presence. I didnt see anything like that. 

To be fair, Todd Monkin's offense didnt fit because it required longer route development and it's hard to do that when they have no tackles and a suspect guard trying to hold the rush. 

I was just a bad season overall. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah, I get why you feel that way, but can you see why I like to tweak the guys who always look to rip on Baker?

i don’t know who started this whole Baker/Sam thing, but myself and villain have both always said we’re Jet fans first. We want to see Sam do well. 

I wont put any more words in his mouth, but I simply don’t feel as sure about Sam as a lot of you do. And, yeah, I can still be a Jets fan and root for Baker, because he’s the guy I loved watching at OU, and I wanted him here.

That’s fair.  I felt Baker was the most polished QB at the time because he was a couple years older and had more experience than the others but I’m still not sure about his ultimate ceiling.  I always felt Sam had the higher ceiling.  Yes he is inconsistent right now but I think we both can agree that he doesn’t have much help either.  He still needs to clean up his mistakes but I still think we are gonna be very happy with Sam Pretty soon especially after hopefully fixing the oline and adding more weapons 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Very rough season for Baker given the hype, expectations, and absurd number of grating commercials.

I think Dorsey undervalued interior offensive line with a short QB. Trading Zeitler was dumb.

Yeah you’re right about Zeitler. Dorsey was banking on a young 2nd round kid (don’t remember his name, Collier maybe?) but he was terrible.

1 hour ago, Ohhthepain said:

Baker just basically threatend to fight a fan while standing in the tunnel today lmao. Dude is in over his head. F*ck Cleveland for life though. Those losers thought they won the SB before the season even started. Insufferable fanbase

Seriously?  Hahahahaha 

This is amazing.  It’s happening.  The epic meltdown is happening.  

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I am not a baker hater. I'm indifferent actually. But if guys like him that's ok by me.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

He didnt. 

I posted it in the Baker Hate OG thread earlier. The Fan was right about losing to a 1-14 team tho. lmao

Hahahahaha what did the guy say?  “]Make sure you don’t throw it to the other team on the way out there Mayfied”?  

Epic meltdown is happening!!!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hahahahaha what did the guy say?  “]Make sure you don’t throw it to the other team on the way out there Mayfied”?  

Epic meltdown is happening!!!!

You are one of the big college guys on this site. Do you think Lincoln Riley has destroyed his shot of getting an NFL job? This is two years in a row where he has had weeks to prepare for a specific opponent and has been outscored in the first half like 100-25.

53 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LJ will most probably be MVP this season. You’ve spent most of the past 4 months sh*tting all over Darnold and not allowing for a single reason; calling them all excuses. But Baker you feel 100% fine about and are “giving reasons” of coaching and teammates for his regression because you still think he’ll be the best of the ‘18 class? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

It's Interesting that you dig him so much. He's exactly the type of guy I would never want as the "leader" of the team. He's a punk who will perpetually over compensate for his stature with attitude. 

The day he stared Hue down on the field like a 12 year old was the day I knew my feelings about him were accurate. He's been given every accommodation by Dorsey, even letting him handpick his HC and get the mean guy out of the building.   He threw 3 picks today to end the season with a big fat L.  then argued with fans afterward.  I don't get the support for a guy like him.

I get it, you don’t like him. But let’s not make him out to be a punk just because you feel that way.

He has an in your face personality, but as many people don’t like him, plenty more do. (See Madison Ave.)They’re not putting millions behind a person America hates when they want a face to move product).

His leadership? Come on, he’s the type of QB teammates would run through a wall for. He’s the epitome of the “If he’s on your team you love him, if he isn’t, you either hate him or want to play with him someday” guy.

You and I agree on 99% of things it seems. We even joke about how many times we’ve posted the exact same thing many times. Obviously Baker is the exception.

That’s not a big deal though, hell, if two friends felt the same way about everyone, they’d always be fighting over who gets the same girl. Just because you don’t understand why he’s into a certain one, that doesn’t mean he’s crazy, or she’s a bad person, right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

He didnt. 

I posted it in the Baker Hate OG thread earlier. The Fan was right about losing to a 1-14 team tho. lmao

I loved Baker coming out and wanted him drafted but challenging a fan to come down and fight him is a BUSH LEAGUE move, that is disgraceful.

What would be the response if Darnold said something like this to a fan???

It wouldn't be funny and we wouldn't put it down to his competitive fire, I can tell you that!

• Upvote 1