Jump to content
TMAC

GASE STINKS

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Doesn't matter who you lose to, the bottom line is the total W&L.

Jets lost  2 too many to qualify for a playoff spot.

Which is shocking because we were super healthy & faced no dire circumstances like changing the Oline 10 times, losing our best defensive player, playing with no name CBs (1 who didn't even participate in camp), losing both starting TEs, our #2 WR, our 2nd best ILB & our QB only played with Mono for 1 game, only missing 3 & finishing the season with only a 6-2 record behind the Ravens for the last 8 games. 

But Whatevs. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

6-2 against dregs doesn't mean bumpkis .

Bull sh*t. It’s the same schedule the Bills and a Patriots played. The Jets had the 2nd best record in the NFL in the 2nd half of the season.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Adam Gase  he is quickly beginning to remind me of Bruce Coslet. Over the top arrogant with nothing to back it up, at war with the media, not like able, alienating star players (Coslet alienated Blair Thomas and Ken O’Brien amongst others), head scratching plays (Wildcat for the first time this year on 3d and 2 with Bell?) decisions. How they handled Le’Veon Bell was absurd.

I would have felt so much better about going 6-2 down the stretch if it was Darnald and the offense that carried the team and not necessarily the defense.

I think I know less about this team now than before the season started. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 8:26 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

The latter.  That's why Rhule balked.  We wanted him to hire Williams as his DC and he wanted to bring in his own guys.  

I am about to make the stupid ass-hole comment of the year.  Perhaps the decade.

I think Gase was a horrible choice for HC, BUT...

I am not on board with the Rhule lovers... And here is why... And here is my comment.

I dont like Rhule as HC material because...

He has the face of a loser

That's it.  That's why I don't like him for the Jets HC job

hustler-11.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I have no idea what to make of Gase.  

You watch the team play, and nothing suggests that this is a well coached offense.  Sam was probably better in December 2018 than this year.  He has been okay, improved from his rookie year, but did not take a big year 2 step as we had hoped.  Every week in the second half of the season has been the same.  The O looks good early, but disappears for huge stretches.  It is hard for me to be confident in Gase going forward watching the product on the field.

On the other hand, though, it is hard to argue with 6-2.  Soft schedule or not, winning 6 of 8 in the NFL is hard.  And he kept this team together after an abysmal 1-7 start.  When most of us thought we were expecting a locker room implosion and a 2 - 4 win season.  The guys played hard.  Defense was very good.  Offense avoided the big mistakes and scored enough.  And they won.  Beat a bunch of bad teams, but still they won in the second half.

He has earned the right to be back here next season.  Although, if I am honest with myself, I fear that this will not end well.  Anyone remember Charley Winner.  Started as head coach in early 70s at 1-7, rallied the team to a 6-0 finish to end at 7-7.  Fired after a 2-7 start the next season.  I hope history does not repeat itself.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Watching Adam Gase  he is quickly beginning to remind me of Bruce Coslet. Over the top arrogant with nothing to back it up, at war with the media, not like able, alienating star players (Coslet alienated Blair Thomas and Ken O’Brien amongst others), head scratching plays (Wildcat for the first time this year on 3d and 2 with Bell?) decisions. How they handled Le’Veon Bell was absurd.

I would have felt so much better about going 6-2 down the stretch if it was Darnald and the offense that carried the team and not necessarily the defense.

I think I know less about this team now than before the season started. 

Agree fully.  Coslet was my least liked Jets HC of all time.  As bad as Kotite and the Preacher were, I liked both of them as people.  Coslet was a horrible coach and a total sh*t heel to boot

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

We lost to the bills and browns at home

 

Your point?

We ost to the Browns with Darnold and Siemen out and a practice squad player.

We lost to the Bills because a scrub K left 4 points on the field and our QB was playing with mono.

Doesn't change the point.  Wins are because the schedule was easy, losses are because of the HC, not the hard schedule.  Makes no sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Watching Adam Gase  he is quickly beginning to remind me of Bruce Coslet. Over the top arrogant with nothing to back it up, at war with the media, not like able, alienating star players (Coslet alienated Blair Thomas and Ken O’Brien amongst others), head scratching plays (Wildcat for the first time this year on 3d and 2 with Bell?) decisions. How they handled Le’Veon Bell was absurd.

I would have felt so much better about going 6-2 down the stretch if it was Darnald and the offense that carried the team and not necessarily the defense.

I think I know less about this team now than before the season started. 

The offense scored 180 points over the last 8 games which is on avg 22.5 pts/gm. They had 34 pts 3 games in a row.

They struggled against the Steelers and Bills as many teams have and laid an egg in Cincy.

You can't say they won entirely on defense.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

The data is overwhelming. Gase, who is 29-35 in four seasons as a head coach, has lost 26 games by double digits, 22 by at least two touchdowns, and 12 by at least 20 points.

On average, he loses once every four games by at least 18 points, which is a mind-blowing reality for a coach with a history of either winning white-knucklers or getting blown out.

Gase has lost one in three games by at least two touchdowns in his head coaching career. One out of every 2.5 games results in a double-digit defeat.

I really don't care what his record was in previous places, the situations are completely different. By that measuring stick the Pats should have never hired Belicheck .

I only care about what he has done here , this team went 6-2 over the last 8 games when they easily could have folded.  Would we be reading the same posts if Mike McCarthy went 5-11 with this roster, or would we be giving him more rope because he won the SB with GB.  Too much emphasis is put on what a HC did W/L wise with previous teams w/o looking at the overall picture.

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

The offense scored 180 points over the last 8 games which is on avg 22.5 pts/gm. They had 34 pts 3 games in a row.

They struggled against the Steelers and Bills as many teams have and laid an egg in Cincy.

You can't say they won entirely on defense.

I am no Gase super fan nor do I want him fired. Please tell me what you are encouraged by what you've seen from Gase's offense.  They scored 34 points against the Giants, Redskins, and Raiders. All bottom of the barrel. Grossly mishandled Le'Veon Bell. Bizzare handling of Bell with the flu, he is ordered to stay home when it appears he is healthy enough to play, then gives Bilal Powell  obnoxiously more  carries than in any other game with a healthy Bell. The only time we see the wildcat is in a meaningless game against the Bills with Bell of all people continuing the perplexing way he was handled.  Sorry but I have know idea what Gase was doing this season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets biggest problem is I believe is the ownership- look at all the mistakes over the years. Keeping Gase is another bad decision. Yes, you want continuity but with his play calling the team will remain at best mediocre.
I wish Douglas would be able to overturn Christopher’s decision to keep Gase as head coach but these are the Jets and being smart is not in their DNA. Am afraid that next year will be another lost year for Darnold and for our team.


Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even the most optimistic fans had this team going 10-6 or 9-7 if the team had no major injuries and some luck. Instead we lost Sam for 3 games, Mosley for the entire season, Enunwa entire season, Herndon entire season, horrible o-line, etc and the team finished 7-9. With a decent FA, draft, and better health next year this team should be at least challenging for the playoffs next yr.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lith said:

Honestly, I have no idea what to make of Gase.  

You watch the team play, and nothing suggests that this is a well coached offense.  Sam was probably better in December 2018 than this year.  He has been okay, improved from his rookie year, but did not take a big year 2 step as we had hoped.  Every week in the second half of the season has been the same.  The O looks good early, but disappears for huge stretches.  It is hard for me to be confident in Gase going forward watching the product on the field.

On the other hand, though, it is hard to argue with 6-2.  Soft schedule or not, winning 6 of 8 in the NFL is hard.  And he kept this team together after an abysmal 1-7 start.  When most of us thought we were expecting a locker room implosion and a 2 - 4 win season.  The guys played hard.  Defense was very good.  Offense avoided the big mistakes and scored enough.  And they won.  Beat a bunch of bad teams, but still they won in the second half.

He has earned the right to be back here next season.  Although, if I am honest with myself, I fear that this will not end well.  Anyone remember Charley Winner.  Started as head coach in early 70s at 1-7, rallied the team to a 6-0 finish to end at 7-7.  Fired after a 2-7 start the next season.  I hope history does not repeat itself.

We had a losing team's schedule and couldn't hit .500.  CRAZY EYES SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED YESTERDAY.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I am no Gase super fan nor do I want him fired. Please tell me what you are encouraged by what you've seen from Gase's offense.  They scored 34 points against the Giants, Redskins, and Raiders. All bottom of the barrel. Grossly mishandled Le'Veon Bell. Bizzare handling of Bell with the flu, he is ordered to stay home when it appears he is healthy enough to play, then gives Bilal Powell  obnoxiously more  carries than in any other game with a healthy Bell. The only time we see the wildcat is in a meaningless game against the Bills with Bell of all people continuing the perplexing way he was handled.  Sorry but I have know idea what Gase was doing this season. 

So  you ding them for scoring points against bad teams but hold them to the fire for not burning up the scoreboard against teams like the Steelers , Patriots , Bills .

A far as Bell goes , do you realize our OLine was putrid and constantly changing, Bell ran behind one of the best Olines in the league @ Pitt, further more his running style is to setup runs by being patient and letting his blockers get down field - that wasn't happening with this Oline.   Yea there were times when I scratched my head and said WTH is Gase doing there , but that happens across the NFL Patriots, Chiefs, etc....

Problem is a lot of Jets fans projected what Bell would be based on what he was in Pitt and that is a fallacy. Was he used 100% to what he could be - definitely not but the team situation(especially OLine)  between here and Pittsburgh is like comparing apples to oranges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill Parcells play calling was maddening too. But he comes from that school of thought that you do the simple things over & over until you can do them in your sleep. How creative can you get? Jet sweeps with skinny azz RA? Bell throwing the ball? The Patriots had a hard time moving the ball against the Dolphins with the GOAT at QB. I'm wracking my brain trying to understand fans who somehow believe they are play callers? 

Nothing can be criticized more in the NFL than playcalling, but so much has to happen for a particular play to be successful. One missed block, a bad route, a false start, a hold, 3rd & long with a terrible pass blocking team but you guys are screaming because he runs a draw or a screen that doesn't work? This Jet team moved the ball against somevery good defenses with very little talent. I look back at games & say, how many points did bad execution leave on the field? Look at the Ravens game, we should have easily scored 17 more points but didn't execute.

Sunday? 2 missed FGs & low throw that could have been caught but was dropped. That's 10 more points, that's 23-6. I'll take us beating division teams 23-6 all day long. We're an offensively deficient team that scored 34 points 3 weeks in a row. We had 5 games where scored on our 1st possession. Did you know that in the Seattle vs Niners game the Seahawks drove down on their 1st possession for a FG & it was the 1st time all season they had scored on their 1st drive. 

You guys expect Chiefs & Saints offenses out of a team with no TEs, a bad Oline, a slower Bell & a 2nd year QB with a 145 Lb #1 WR & a guy who uses a Y in is name Vycent instead of an I. It's f*cking ridiculous really. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Next year is gonna be such a train wreck and we can’t even say Brady is in the division 

Sure it is

On 12/30/2019 at 4:11 PM, Philc1 said:

Dolan and the Johnsons are all in their 60’s

 

We got at least another 10 years before they die

 

You don't even know how old the guy you picked as your avatar and who you constantly call stupid is?

Perfect.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

6-2 against dregs doesn't mean bumpkis .

To those with an agenda, who bitch just bitch yes, wins mean nothing.

But losses to the best teams on our schedule do.

Why isn't it shocking to keep reading the same olds bitch about wins?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Jets should have catch phrase.

“The Jets, making Winning feel like losing.” 

This year was like running a marathon, and getting a calf strain after the first mile, and limping to the finish.

I can honestly say, after a near decade of no play offs, I’ve never felt less about this franchise than I do now, it takes meh to the next level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

So  you ding them for scoring points against bad teams but hold them to the fire for not burning up the scoreboard against teams like the Steelers , Patriots , Bills .

A far as Bell goes , do you realize our OLine was putrid and constantly changing, Bell ran behind one of the best Olines in the league @ Pitt, further more his running style is to setup runs by being patient and letting his blockers get down field - that wasn't happening with this Oline.   Yea there were times when I scratched my head and said WTH is Gase doing there , but that happens across the NFL Patriots, Chiefs, etc....

Problem is a lot of Jets fans projected what Bell would be based on what he was in Pitt and that is a fallacy. Was he used 100% to what he could be - definitely not but the team situation(especially OLine)  between here and Pittsburgh is like comparing apples to oranges.

 Again, I am not a Gase hater, we need him to succeed. I dont want to start over. Trying to look at this season objectively. I hear everything that you're saying, but the bottom line is that they finish dead last in the NFL in offense, DEAD LAST, and we have an offensive HC coach with Sam Darnald coming off an inspiring rookie season. Sorry but there is little excuse for this.   Can you honestly say we have learned anything over the season with this team? Is Darnald legit? Is Bell our rn moving foward? Oline development? Wesco development? Possibly Vincent Smith is a player?  We have so little idea of who they are. Gase  was supposed to be a guru and take Donald into the next level.  I get it, huge setback  to overcome in mono, totally not underestimating that. But what about playing Kahill over Harrison?  Not having an NFL caliber QB signed after  seeing how bad it was after week 2 injury with Trevor Simion? Bell, Gase, flu fiasco?  Questionable play calling all season that was topped off with  a wildcat formation with Bell  in a meaningless game?  Wouldnt rational thinking want to see Darnald progress in a tight situation instead of a gimmick play ? All the injuries now with two organizations? Cryptic messages about wanting or not wanting Bell? Not being able to handle the media (now two organizations) who hold tremendous power in this town?

 The UTTER ASININE  move of firing the GM AFTER hiring Gase is a tribute to how putrid our ownership truly is. Does Douglas truly like Gase as HC? Who really knows? He didnt hire him. Our head owner would rather be in England supporting Trump than the team that he owns. Woody Johnson is  true reason for our failures  in all of this and sadly going nowhere. 

IMHO, these are all awful signs, i hope im wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Bill Parcells play calling was maddening too. But he comes from that school of thought that you do the simple things over & over until you can do them in your sleep. How creative can you get? Jet sweeps with skinny azz RA? Bell throwing the ball? The Patriots had a hard time moving the ball against the Dolphins with the GOAT at QB. I'm wracking my brain trying to understand fans who somehow believe they are play callers? 

Nothing can be criticized more in the NFL than playcalling, but so much has to happen for a particular play to be successful. One missed block, a bad route, a false start, a hold, 3rd & long with a terrible pass blocking team but you guys are screaming because he runs a draw or a screen that doesn't work? This Jet team moved the ball against somevery good defenses with very little talent. I look back at games & say, how many points did bad execution leave on the field? Look at the Ravens game, we should have easily scored 17 more points but didn't execute.

Sunday? 2 missed FGs & low throw that could have been caught but was dropped. That's 10 more points, that's 23-6. I'll take us beating division teams 23-6 all day long. We're an offensively deficient team that scored 34 points 3 weeks in a row. We had 5 games where scored on our 1st possession. Did you know that in the Seattle vs Niners game the Seahawks drove down on their 1st possession for a FG & it was the 1st time all season they had scored on their 1st drive. 

You guys expect Chiefs & Saints offenses out of a team with no TEs, a bad Oline, a slower Bell & a 2nd year QB with a 145 Lb #1 WR & a guy who uses a Y in is name Vycent instead of an I. It's f*cking ridiculous really. 

Well said! 
It seems sooo easy to call plays from a lazy boy. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lotta hate. Jets best contrarian fans in football. Time to flip. Go Gase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sure it is

You don't even know how old the guy you picked as your avatar and who you constantly call stupid is?

Perfect.

 

Woody is 72 in human years and 67 in billionaire oligarch years

 

It’s that top quality rich people’s healthcare

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since 1997 all first year Jets head coaches have had a winning record with the exception of one.

7-9 is as good as it is going to get.

Gase is gutter trash.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig nonetheless. 

This Internet spoof video of Adam Gase's crazy eyes has ...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.LRC0OaC4NOSJKAlyPArLHwHaE4%26pid%3DApi&f=1Giants Interview Adam Gase; Marc Ross Interviews with Titans

usa-today-8332162.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Even the most optimistic fans had this team going 10-6 or 9-7 if the team had no major injuries and some luck. Instead we lost Sam for 3 games, Mosley for the entire season, Enunwa entire season, Herndon entire season, horrible o-line, etc and the team finished 7-9. With a decent FA, draft, and better health next year this team should be at least challenging for the playoffs next yr.


This can easily be accepted but you have to admit some weird things were going on. Not talking to players? Seemed to disconnect himself from the team when Sam was out. Losing to Miami and Cincinnati.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

This can easily be accepted but you have to admit some weird things were going on. Not talking to players? Seemed to disconnect himself from the team when Sam was out. Losing to Miami and Cincinnati.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

This is why teh Gase debate will be great for offseason traffic on JN.  There are strong arguments to be made both for and against Gase. 

You watch the games, week after week, this does not look like a well coached team, especially not on offense.  Darnold's improvement was marginal.  Long stretches of inability to move the ball.  Last in NFL in total offense, 31st in points scored.  

But its hard to argue with 6-2 down the stretch.  A team that could have imploded afer a 1-7 start stayed together.  Weak schedule or not, winning 6 of 8 is not easy in the NFL.  Gase deserves some credit for that.

I am not a Gase supporter.  Not optimistic about him as our HC, bet I get the arguments for him and understand that he earned another season.  And all offseason, the debate will rage on.  And on.

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 9:52 AM, JetsFanatic said:

Bull sh*t. It’s the same schedule the Bills and a Patriots played. The Jets had the 2nd best record in the NFL in the 2nd half of the season.

And the patriots are insanely overrated this year

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Since 1997 all first year Jets head coaches have had a winning record with the exception of one.

7-9 is as good as it is going to get.

Gase is gutter trash.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig nonetheless. 

This Internet spoof video of Adam Gase's crazy eyes has ...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.LRC0OaC4NOSJKAlyPArLHwHaE4%26pid%3DApi&f=1Giants Interview Adam Gase; Marc Ross Interviews with Titans

usa-today-8332162.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

 

Eric Mangini went 10-6 with a crappy roster that was 4-12 a year earlier.  Rex almost went to a Super Bowl his first year

 

Even the empty suit Todd Bowles went 10-6 his first year

 

 

But Gase should win coach of the year for 7-9!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lith said:

This is why teh Gase debate will be great for offseason traffic on JN.  There are strong arguments to be made both for and against Gase. 

You watch the games, week after week, this does not look like a well coached team, especially not on offense.  Darnold's improvement was marginal.  Long stretches of inability to move the ball.  Last in NFL in total offense, 31st in points scored.  

But its hard to argue with 6-2 down the stretch.  A team that could have imploded afer a 1-7 start stayed together.  Weak schedule or not, winning 6 of 8 is not easy in the NFL.  Gase deserves some credit for that.

I am not a Gase supporter.  Not optimistic about him as our HC, bet I get the arguments for him and understand that he earned another season.  And all offseason, the debate will rage on.  And on.

Great post. I totally agree. I cant figure out if i think Gase is competent or should totally be fired. Will make for a great off season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Great post. I totally agree. I cant figure out if i think Gase is competent or should totally be fired. Will make for a great off season 

I'll take Totally be Fired for $200, Alex.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 10:40 AM, THE BARON said:

Agree fully.  Coslet was my least liked Jets HC of all time.  As bad as Kotite and the Preacher were, I liked both of them as people.  Coslet was a horrible coach and a total sh*t heel to boot

Sounds eerily familiar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...