Pats Will Be One and Done

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I am curious to see the opening line.

I think the Titans are a better football team. 

Vrabel is a good coach.  He won't be intimidated.   Tanne is familiar with playing in Foxborough.  Henry is a bull. 

It is a bad matchup for them. 

Funny thing.  I figured either Darnold or Josh Allen would be the QB to finally bury them for good.   Turns out it might be a combo of Fitzpatrick and Tannehill.

I'm guessing the opening line will be around Pats -4 simply because of public perception. It probably should be about -1.5.

The Titans will do two pre-game warm ups and take all of the other precautions. Why should any team have to do that? No ruling on that last cheating scandal either. I hope they get stomped but as mentioned, the Patriots have a way of intimidating teams so I wouldn't be surprised if Tenn lays an egg but I think it is more likely that it is a great game. 

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Henry will gash them all day.

I could see that. 

I just feel like the media is going to sh*t on New England all week and they are going to respond at home.

They have an unbelievable home record and I have a tough time seeing them go quietly into the night 

• Upvote 1

Pats will win vs the titans.  It will be interesting to see who they play in the divisional round though.  I think the Pats will show heart and possibly win there.  But I think their dream ends either there or in the AFC CG.

i’m guessing there will be parallels between this Pats team and the Celtics team from 1987-88 that finally succumbed to the Detrot Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals. 

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I could see that. 

I just feel like the media is going to sh*t on New England all week and they are going to respond at home.

They have an unbelievable home record and I have a tough time seeing them go quietly into the night 

They just lost to the lolphins at home. Brady throwing arm hurt, edleman is the only real offensive weapon. 

They can feed on the media stuff all they want, they don't have the horses to beat the Titans.

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They just lost to the lolphins at home. Brady throwing arm hurt, edleman is the only real offensive weapon. 

They can feed on the media stuff all they want, they don't have the horses to beat the Titans.

We’ll see.

I expect BB to have that defense ready to roll next week 

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pats will win vs the titans.  It will be interesting to see who they play in the divisional round though.  I think the Pats will show heart and possibly win there.  But I think their dream ends either there or in the AFC CG.

i’m guessing there will be parallels between this Pats team and the Celtics team from 1987-88 that finally succumbed to the Detrot Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals. 

If the Pats win, they go to Arrowhead no matter what else happens. (3rd seed vs 2nd seed)

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

If the Pats win, they go to Arrowhead no matter what else happens. (3rd seed vs 2nd seed)

Andy Reid should FINALLY be able to get Belichick in that one.  I think it’ll be a close one though.  Belichick will pull out all of the tricks for that game.  Will be fascinating. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Titans are a bad matchup for them and may even blow them out in foxboro.

Brady will cry and retire. Belichick will hatch a new cheating scheme. Kraft will traffic more prostitutes.

Discuss.

Only team in the AFC that can beat them is the Ravens, basically been that way for a decade (minus the Jets 2010 upset).

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Only team in the AFC that can beat them is the Ravens, basically been that way for a decade (minus the Jets 2010 upset).

Denver beat them twice and got to two Superbowls (winning one) in the process. 

However, the Jets and Ravens are the only two teams to beat them in New England in the playoffs during the Brady/BB era.  

Can’t see Pats losing at Foxborough. Belichick as he does all the time will take away opposing teams greatest weapon which is Henry and force Tannehill to beat them. I for one give the edge to the Pats secondary over Tannehill and his receiving corps. Not ready to count the Pats out just yet although want to see it happen in the worst way. Can’t stand the Kraft Belichick Brady triumvirate