Pats Will Be One and Done

Barry McCockinner

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Can’t see Pats losing at Foxborough. Belichick as he does all the time will take away opposing teams greatest weapon which is Henry and force Tannehill to beat them. I for one give the edge to the Pats secondary over Tannehill and his receiving corps. Not ready to count the Pats out just yet although want to see it happen in the worst way. Can’t stand the Kraft Belichick Brady triumvirate 

The pats just lost to the f'n dolphins at home with a bye week on the line. Their defense is vulnerable to downhill backs like Henry. They probably won't be able to slow him down let alone take him away.

I'll be betting money line like I did on the Ravens when they faced them.

The Titans can’t get behind. Pats will attack in the 1st quarter & even go for 1st downs on 4th anywhere close to 50 yard line & short yardage.

BB knows he needs to jump out to a lead. Titans game is wearing you down & burying you in the 2nd half with a heavy dose of Henry. 
doesn’t matter if Pats win, this game will be physically demanding & they don’t have the youth to run through 3 more very good teams in a row. 

12 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I am curious to see the opening line.

I think the Titans are a better football team. 

Vrabel is a good coach.  He won't be intimidated.   Tanne is familiar with playing in Foxborough.  Henry is a bull. 

It is a bad matchup for them. 

Funny thing.  I figured either Darnold or Josh Allen would be the QB to finally bury them for good.   Turns out it might be a combo of Fitzpatrick and Tannehill.

Pats minus 5.5 to open. Bigger that I thought. 

12 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I could see that. 

I just feel like the media is going to sh*t on New England all week and they are going to respond at home.

They have an unbelievable home record and I have a tough time seeing them go quietly into the night 

Don't se the Pats losing this week. But a road playoff game in KC or Baltimore, those are uphill fights for this Pats team. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The pats just lost to the f'n dolphins at home with a bye week on the line. Their defense is vulnerable to downhill backs like Henry. They probably won't be able to slow him down let alone take him away.

I'll be betting money line like I did on the Ravens when they faced them.

Understood but given their history of success not willing to count them out until a stake is driven through their collective hearts. Hoping this is the year that stake will be used 

On 12/29/2019 at 8:09 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Titans are a bad matchup for them and may even blow them out in foxboro.

Brady will cry and retire. Belichick will hatch a new cheating scheme. Kraft will traffic more prostitutes.

Discuss.

the spread is currently TEN +4.5 

It opened at 5.5

in my experience any spread number between 4 and 6 is Vegas admitting they have no idea what's going to happen. 

Titans ML feels like a decent play. 

Or, tease NE up to 7.5 if you think Tannehill is going to crap the bed 

• Upvote 1

Patriots have looked worse than I’ve seen them since I can remember. Losing home games. This era is just about over. Brady is just old and inaccurate, can’t make the throws he used to, long ball isn’t there. He’s not getting the PI calls he used to. The pig is finally ripe. They needed that game last week and lost to..... the 2019 Dolphins. Fitz threw for over 300 yards. They have nobody in the wings to takeover the QB position. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, bitonti said:

the spread is currently TEN +4.5 

It opened at 5.5

in my experience any spread number between 4 and 6 is Vegas admitting they have no idea what's going to happen. 

Titans ML feels like a decent play. 

Or, tease NE up to 7.5 if you think Tannehill is going to crap the bed 

Here’s what’s gonna happen:

Belichick stacks 8 in the box and hopes Gilmore and McCourty get away with holding constantly which they always do

Pats 13

Titans 10

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, MaxAF said:

Patriots have looked worse than I’ve seen them since I can remember. Losing home games. This era is just about over. Brady is just old and inaccurate, can’t make the throws he used to, long ball isn’t there. He’s not getting the PI calls he used to. The pig is finally ripe. They needed that game last week and lost to..... the 2019 Dolphins. Fitz threw for over 300 yards. They have nobody in the wings to takeover the QB position. 

Pats statistically had a good year because they faced an easy schedule.  Same reason we went 7-9 and not 4-12 again

On 12/29/2019 at 6:09 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Titans are a bad matchup for them and may even blow them out in foxboro.

Brady will cry and retire. Belichick will hatch a new cheating scheme. Kraft will traffic more prostitutes.

Discuss.

Think you nailed it!

As Darryl Dawkins once said “. When everything is said and done, there’s nothing more to do or say”.

• Upvote 1

I wish this was true but BB and that D are for real.  It’s not about Brady and that offense anymore.  BB ain’t losing to Tannehill in a playoff game.  Please. Plus, they cheat.  I know it’s fun to ignore that it happened, again.  But it’s fact, they are cheaters so ofcourse they will win.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I wish this was true but BB and that D are for real.  It’s not about Brady and that offense anymore.  BB ain’t losing to Tannehill in a playoff game.  Please. 

Not inside the Deathstar. No. We need to hope that Tennessee just beats, bruises and batters them. Then Baltimore or KC could finish them off when Pats are on the road. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I wish this was true but BB and that D are for real.  It’s not about Brady and that offense anymore.  BB ain’t losing to Tannehill in a playoff game.  Please. Plus, they cheat.  I know it’s fun to ignore that it happened, again.  But it’s fact, they are cheaters so ofcourse they will win.  

The NE defense is great against the pass, but they're very vulnerable to the power rush attack which the Titans feature. Also, they just got ripped by Fitzmagic and the lolphins at home with a bye on the line. 

Bill Belichick has recently struggled against his former coaches. In fact he's lost the last 3 games vs his coaching tree:  Lions ('18), Titans ('18), and Dolphins ('19)

Combined score in those last three loses to Matt Patricia, Mike Vrabel, and Brian Flores:

Patriots 24, 10, 10 = 44

Opponents 27, 26, 34 = 87

Smart money is on the Titans...but I don't trust them. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure when/where the Pats will lose but IF they somehow string together 3 wins vs the Titans, Chiefs and Ravens it will ONLY be due to an epic amount of scandalous cheating.  There's simply no way an unaided Patriots team rattles of 3 playoff wins after the way they lost to Miami and were tested by Cincinnati in recent weeks.

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I think Belichick and Brady will find a way to win this week but will lose their 2nd round game to whoever they play

The Chiefs, they would face them no matter what.  If the Titans win, Tennessee would be headed to Baltimore.  

No chance in hell do I see KC losing to this Pats team at home.  If that were to happen it would be catastrophic and absolutely confirm Andy Reid as the biggest playoff choker HC in history.  

On 1/1/2020 at 10:54 AM, Philc1 said:

Here’s what’s gonna happen:

Belichick stacks 8 in the box and hopes Gilmore and McCourty get away with holding constantly which they always do

Pats 13

Titans 10

Usually you're right but AJ Brown and Corey Davis are both huge enough to beat the hold/jam

• Upvote 1

Pat's will get phantom defensive holding calls in the 3rd qtr ... Then down by three they get mystery PI call or RTP call to allow them 3 opportunities to win the game by 4 pts in the late 4th qtr.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1