6, 22, 14, 16, 13

while i don't think GW should be the head coach (he's too good of a DC), i do agree that JimBob should be promoted to OC.  loggians isn't a good coach and AG shouldn't be calling plays.  Cooter had a decent time in Detroit as an OC - stafford was always at the top of the league in passing when he was there.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say Lamar Jackson might not of survived a season running around behind the this 10 change line, no TEs, and skinny Robbie & molasses Bell. 

The Jets Oline was ne of the worst in are long illustrious history of worsts. It was a poor collection of guys to start the season & we ended the season with everyone on IR except Beachum, Harrison & Shell, and both Beachum & Shell missed games & we all want both of them replaced & Harrison to go back to a backup roll at Center. 

And we ask: What's wrong with Sam? 

aka- "its the line, stupid"

no matter wtf you call..if the OL cant execute ...............................................yer fzucked

but gase is sposed to turn sh*t into gold....shrug...    and i am not even defending gase

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Those were the number of points scored by the offense during the last five games of the season. I don’t know how anyone can watch these games and defend Gase returning as play caller.

I give Jimmy Haslam a ton of credit today. Freddy Kitchins broke Baker Mayfield and he subsequently fired Freddy and will task another HC to put him back together. If you watched Sam today, and compared his play to the last time he visited orchard park you will notice regression. Not so much on the stat sheet, but in terms of confidence. Gase is coaching out the qualities that made Darnold the number 3 overall pick and is installing game plans that expose his flaws. 

Beyond that the Gase offense simply doesn’t work. It’s been consistently ranked at the bottom of the league in terms of efficiency and the guy has no feel for play calling. 

If the Jets simply fired Gase and promoted Williams to HC and JimBob to OC I’d feel much better about the season next year. Another year with Gase and Loggains=another lost year on offense.

They should probable fly a plane about this stuff.  Right SoS14? And you will be all over that and say how this will affect change inside the Jets? Right? And then change won't happen and you will say "ok, but we got what we wanted". Right? And then you will get all sanctimonious here and tell people what they should think. Right? 

Oh, wait, you have only been here a few weeks? How is that possible. Or am I seeing ghosts?

Welcome back. I guess.

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Thank God someone has put up another Gase sucks and should be fired post, you can never have enough.

As far as I’m concerned there can’t be enough of them.

He needs to go - The only reason to keep him is for a sense of consistency, but all it does is wastes a couple of more years until you move on.

He’s not the guy and everyone knows it....Don’t waste another year.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Those were the number of points scored by the offense during the last five games of the season. I don’t know how anyone can watch these games and defend Gase returning as play caller.

I give Jimmy Haslam a ton of credit today. Freddy Kitchins broke Baker Mayfield and he subsequently fired Freddy and will task another HC to put him back together. If you watched Sam today, and compared his play to the last time he visited orchard park you will notice regression. Not so much on the stat sheet, but in terms of confidence. Gase is coaching out the qualities that made Darnold the number 3 overall pick and is installing game plans that expose his flaws. 

Beyond that the Gase offense simply doesn’t work. It’s been consistently ranked at the bottom of the league in terms of efficiency and the guy has no feel for play calling. 

If the Jets simply fired Gase and promoted Williams to HC and JimBob to OC I’d feel much better about the season next year. Another year with Gase and Loggains=another lost year on offense.

They went 6-2, isn’t that the most important stat?

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

As far as I’m concerned there can’t be enough of them.

He needs to go - The only reason to keep him is for a sense of consistency, but all it does is wastes a couple of more years until you move on.

He’s not the guy and everyone knows it....Don’t waste another year.

No one would be saying sh*t this morning if Brown catches that TD (think Kittle drops it?), Ficken makes his FGs & Robbie doesn’t short arm a 1st down throw? 
I was tough on Sam but it was a monsoon. Last game of the year for a bunch of offensive players that will be jettisoned. 
I think Robbie without a contract was making sure he didn’t get hurt. I keep forgetting we’re playing Dave Brown at TE, the entire Oline yesterday are question marks to return. It’s like Sam played with all the guys that were left after picks on the playground. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

So the guy Baker hand picked is to blame for his sh*tty season 

That was one of his points. I think the other was we should blame Gase for Darnold's sh*tty season..

LOL at Baker hand picking his HC. Sam was as involved in the Gase hiring as Baker was with Kitchens. Both were consulted during interviews as you know, but don't let facts ruin a cool story.

Ah well, 5 weeks until pitchers and catchers report... ?

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

No one would be saying sh*t this morning if Brown catches that TD (think Kittle drops it?), Ficken makes his FGs & Robbie doesn’t short arm a 1st down throw? 
I was tough on Sam but it was a monsoon. Last game of the year for a bunch of offensive players that will be jettisoned. 
I think Robbie without a contract was making sure he didn’t get hurt. I keep forgetting we’re playing Dave Brown at TE, the entire Oline yesterday are question marks to return. It’s like Sam played with all the guys that were left after picks on the playground. 

Do you honestly believe Gase is the guy?

I love Sam and believe he’s absolutely our guy.  Gase has shown me absolutely nothing other than he’s exactly what I thought he was and simply a carry over from what he was in Miami.  

It would be insane not to fire him.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

That was one of his points. I think the other was we should blame Gase for Darnold's.

Ah well, 5 weeks until pitchers and catchers report... 

If you really feel that it was Freddie kitchens that held baker back this season, then it’s still bakers fault. He put him in power. People are responsible for there own actions and whatever reaction follows 

I don’t know what happened in Cleveland, I don’t watch much NFL outside of the jets, but I did bet  before the season that the browns wouldn’t make the playoffs this year and my reasonings had nothing to do with Freddie Kitchens 

1 hour ago, SummerofSam14 said:

The only game the O was really bad in was Cincy, yesterday weather was a major factor and go back and look at the healthy players shuffled in and out.  You think play calling was why we didn't score a lot or execution?

With that said I'm not sold on Adam running the O but running the team he rallied them from. 1-7 to 7-9 which was remarkable especially considering the circumstances.

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You can blame Gase for the wildcat call and attempting that FG but they moved the ball all day and guys just didn't make plays that were there to be made.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say Lamar Jackson might not of survived a season running around behind the this 10 change line, no TEs, and skinny Robbie & molasses Bell. 

The Jets Oline was ne of the worst in are long illustrious history of worsts. It was a poor collection of guys to start the season & we ended the season with everyone on IR except Beachum, Harrison & Shell, and both Beachum & Shell missed games & we all want both of them replaced & Harrison to go back to a backup roll at Center. 

And we ask: What's wrong with Sam? 

Yeah, some of us do.

11 minutes ago, Jetster said:

OMG Classic post right here. You touched all the usual "Sam is blameless" bases.

This stuff never gets old, it's always a crowd pleaser.

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not when you have the worst ranked offense in the NFL.

The defense carried the team to the 6-2 record.  And Gase has literally nothing to do with the defense.  

He needs to go.

He’s the HC and they went 6-2. If you love HC changes go root for the Browns.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

If you really feel that it was Freddie kitchens that held baker back this season, then it’s still bakers fault. He put him in power. People are responsible for there own actions and whatever reaction follows 

I don’t know what happened in Cleveland, I don’t watch much NFL outside of the jets, but I did bet  before the season that the browns wouldn’t make the playoffs this year and my reasonings had nothing to do with Freddie Kitchens 

So then you also think the reason Darnold had a bad season was because he was the one who put Gase in power? It's not fair to blame Sam for the coaching hire... 

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

He’s the HC and they went 6-2. If you love HC changes go root for the Browns.

You tell me.....

forget the record.  

When you look at the offense we saw this year and with Gase’s past history of producing bottom of the league production - do you personally believe Gase is the guy that’s going to take us to a SuperBowl.  do you think he’s capable of that?

That’s the question you have to ask yourself, because if the answer is no then he needs to go.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You tell me.....

forget the record.  

When you look at the offense we saw this year and with Gase’s past history of producing bottom of the league production - do you personally believe Gase is the guy that’s going to take us to a SuperBowl.  do you think he’s capable of that?

That’s the question you have to ask yourself, because if the answer is no then he needs to go.

Gase is the HC, he should be judged on wins and losses. While 7-9 is not a great record, considering they were 1-7, they finished strong. They also improved by almost double their win total from last season and also finally had a winning home record. These are improvements. That is what a HC is judged on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Gase is the HC, he should be judged on wins and losses. While 7-9 is not a great record, considering they were 1-7, they finished strong. They also improved by almost double their win total from last season and also finally had a good winning home record. These are improvements. That is what a HC is judged on. 

If Bowles was still the HC this team would have won 2-3 games and while 7-9 is not a great record in a normal year it was spectacular this year with what the Jets went through.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

aka- "its the line, stupid"

no matter wtf you call..if the OL cant execute ...............................................yer fzucked

but gase is sposed to turn sh*t into gold....shrug...    and i am not even defending gase

True BUT you can’t underestimate how important a good offensive line is.  I don’t care how good a QB you are if your OLINE can’t give you decent protection your life as a QB is gonna be a hell of a lot harder...it’s just a fact man 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Gase is the HC, he should be judged on wins and losses. While 7-9 is not a great record, considering they were 1-7, they finished strong. They also improved by almost double their win total from last season and also finally had a winning home record. These are improvements. That is what a HC is judged on. 

This isn’t a math problem - there’s more to take into account than simply the record.

The reality is the Jets put up the 32nd ranked offense in the league.  

We all know Greg Williams was given full control of the defense and the defense is what won us those games - to sit and pretend that that doesn’t matter is just being naive.

We have a HC that is mostly and OC - and the offense stinks...and every offense he’s run as a HC has stunk.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

True BUT you can’t underestimate how important a good offensive line is.  I don’t care how good a QB you are if your OLINE can’t give you decent protection your life as a QB is gonna be a hell of a lot harder...it’s just a fact man 

totally agree. although i posted elsewhere....    3 of the bottom 8  OL in pass pro made playoffs

qbs are watson, wilson and tannehill

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

This isn’t a math problem - there’s more to take into account than simply the record.

The reality is the Jets put up the 32nd ranked offense in the league.  

We all know Greg Williams was given full control of the defense and the defense is what won us those games - to sit and pretend that that doesn’t matter is just being naive.

We have a HC that is mostly and OC - and the offense stinks...and every offense he’s run as a HC has stunk.  

So if they go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl but don’t score a lot fire the HC. But if they go 4-12 but lose every game 40-38, the HC did a great job.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

totally agree. although i posted elsewhere....    3 of the bottom 8  OL in pass pro made playoffs

qbs are watson, wilson and tannehill

Ok but we can also agree they have better  teams than the Jets right?  Look I’m a big Sam fan but I’m also fair.  I’ve never called him great, I’ve always pointed out his issues he needs to fix, I’ve never bashed Lamar or even Baker(although I admit I don’t like Baker at all).  However let’s be honest other than maybe Robby and Crowder Sam has not any other support.  You can’t just say “Oh he should just rise above all that a be great” because that’s not realistic.  So I think a lot of your criticism is very fair but I do think you go a bit over overboard with the negativity sometimes regarding Sam

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

So if they go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl but don’t score a lot fire the HC. But if they go 4-12 but lose every game 40-38, the HC did a great job.

That really is a silly argument.

Show me a team - ever even close that has even gone to the playoffs, let alone won a superbowl with, literally, the bottom ranked offense in the league....

• Upvote 1

Gase's years as Head Coach are a litany of excuses and rationalizations for his consistent multi-year failure to produce a good Offense.

End of the day, you are what your record says you are, and Gase is the 24th, 25th, 31st and 32nd ranked Offenses.

We have to hope like hell he can break this downwards cycle of consistent failure to produce.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Gase's years as Head Coach are a litany of excuses and rationalizations for his consistent multi-year failure to produce a good Offense.

End of the day, you are what your record says you are, and Gase is the 24th, 25th, 31st and 32nd ranked Offenses.

We have to hope like hell he can break this downwards cycle of consistent failure to produce.

30-34  w/l is meh. and the o ranks are bad. its all we got...   the bold

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Sam was as involved in the Gase hiring as Baker was with Kitchens.

This is nonsense. Mac and CJ made the head coach hire. They had Darnold talk to the finalists. Maybe if Sam was completely repelled by Gase, they would've considered other options... ? I don't know. I do know that they had decided on Rhule, but that fell thru because Mac wanted to hire his assistants. Or did Darnold want to hire the assistants? I mean, if we're going all revisionist history...

Meanwhile in Cleveland, Mayfield was a driving force in the firing of Hugh Jackson, and the decision to go with a guy who started the previous season as the coach of the RBs as the head coach. This was pretty well reported. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1