6, 22, 14, 16, 13

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

No I don’t believe Sam had anything to do with the Gase hire. 

Sure you do, you just won't say it because you're not happy with how it turned out.

You know the Jets FO consulted with Darnold last offseason about the Jets coaching candidates, the same exact way the Browns FO consulted with Mayfield. 

You took that to mean Mayfield "hand picked his HC" so you have to feel Darnold did the exact same thing. It's either that, or you were just making stuff up about Mayfield hand picking Kitchens. You can't have it both ways..

• Thumb Down 3

Just now, Greensleeves said:

I wonder if a lot of people watch the game or just go to the stats. If we all, as Jets fans, don’t realize that you can’t have a good offense with our O-line I just don’t know what to tell you. It’s a testament to Sam that we had the second best record in the league the second half of the season.

This

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That really is a silly argument.

Show me a team - ever even close that has even gone to the playoffs, let alone won a superbowl with, literally, the bottom ranked offense in the league....

Actually the silly part of the argument is blaming this offense on any HC.  No matter who was coaching this team, with the talent around this QB it was going to suck.  To blame it on Gase is just as silly.  

The points scored is a silly argument because its all that's left for the haters to make while the team won 6 of 8.  Doesn't help the narrative so bitch about points.  LOL, silly, yes

We complain that the OL is the worst in the league and then complain that we don't or can't run

The WRs are horrible, we have a slot receiver and a inconsistent #2 and nothing more then complain that we're not running a top passing offense.

Silly is making the argument that its all the Has fault, sorry 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sure you do, you just won't say it because you're not happy with how it turned out.

You know the Jets FO consulted with Darnold last offseason about the Jets coaching candidates, the same exact way the Browns FO consulted with Mayfield. 

You took that to mean Mayfield "hand picked his HC" so you have to feel Darnold did the exact same thing. It's either that, or you were just making stuff up about Mayfield hand picking Kitchens. You can't have it both ways..

Your so smart you know how I feel. Dam homey. You wasting your talents on a message board. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Actually the silly part of the argument is blaming this offense on any HC.  No matter who was coaching this team, with the talent around this QB it was going to suck.  To blame it on Gase is just as silly.  

We complain that the OL is the worst in the league and then complain that we don't or can't run

The WRs are horrible, we have a slot receiver and a inconsistent #2 and nothing more then complain that we're not running a top passing offense.

Silly is making the argument that its all the Has fault, sorry 

It’s not all his fault - but if you hired the guy for his offensive prowess and then goes on toe post, literally, the worst offense in the league - that’s a problem. 

If the offense ranked 20-25 I might agree with you - - a lot of injuries on an already poor roster - but if he had any talent whatsoever as an offensive coach he wouldn’t put out the worst product in the league.

Bottom line is...this isn’t a guy capable of taking this team a Super Bowl.  You must see that...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Those were the number of points scored by the offense during the last five games of the season. I don’t know how anyone can watch these games and defend Gase returning as play caller.

I give Jimmy Haslam a ton of credit today. Freddy Kitchins broke Baker Mayfield and he subsequently fired Freddy and will task another HC to put him back together. If you watched Sam today, and compared his play to the last time he visited orchard park you will notice regression. Not so much on the stat sheet, but in terms of confidence. Gase is coaching out the qualities that made Darnold the number 3 overall pick and is installing game plans that expose his flaws. 

Beyond that the Gase offense simply doesn’t work. It’s been consistently ranked at the bottom of the league in terms of efficiency and the guy has no feel for play calling. 

If the Jets simply fired Gase and promoted Williams to HC and JimBob to OC I’d feel much better about the season next year. Another year with Gase and Loggains=another lost year on offense.

I read this whole thing and the conclusion is simple. Replace the OC.

14 minutes ago, slats said:

Meanwhile in Cleveland, Mayfield was a driving force in the firing of Hugh Jackson, and the decision to go with a guy who started the previous season as the coach of the RBs as the head coach. This was pretty well reported. 

Where was this reported?

Mayfield had never played a down but he was the driving force behind Jackson's firing? C'mon. The 0-29 thing meant nothing, LOL.

I'm sure Mayfield felt comfortable with the idea of his OC becoming the 2019 HC, but if you think Dorsey and/or Haslam were letting a 23 year old pick their HC, I don't know what to tell you.

3 hours ago, SummerofSam14 said:

Those were the number of points scored by the offense during the last five games of the season. I don’t know how anyone can watch these games and defend Gase returning as play caller.

I give Jimmy Haslam a ton of credit today. Freddy Kitchins broke Baker Mayfield and he subsequently fired Freddy and will task another HC to put him back together. If you watched Sam today, and compared his play to the last time he visited orchard park you will notice regression. Not so much on the stat sheet, but in terms of confidence. Gase is coaching out the qualities that made Darnold the number 3 overall pick and is installing game plans that expose his flaws. 

Beyond that the Gase offense simply doesn’t work. It’s been consistently ranked at the bottom of the league in terms of efficiency and the guy has no feel for play calling. 

If the Jets simply fired Gase and promoted Williams to HC and JimBob to OC I’d feel much better about the season next year. Another year with Gase and Loggains=another lost year on offense.

• image.jpeg.7dde4b9c298365665d48ece9ced0af78.jpegimage.thumb.png.d9878305a04904a80d1b22fe1a6a579b.png
  • Picture Gase as Locke & Hurley as his OC
Edited by 32EBoozer

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s not all his fault - but if you hired the guy for his offensive prowess and then goes on toe post, literally, the worst offense in the league - that’s a problem. 

If the offense ranked 20-25 I might agree with you - - a lot of injuries on an already poor roster - but if he had any talent whatsoever as an offensive coach he wouldn’t put out the worst product in the league.

Bottom line is...this isn’t a guy capable of taking this team a Super Bowl.  You must see that...

Bottom line is we haven’t see what he can or can’t do with offensive talent.  To ignore the fact that the OL, the WRs and most of the time the TEs And 1/4 of the season the QB were the worst in the league and that influenced what we saw is pointless in trying to prove what he is or isn’t 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

That really is a silly argument.

Show me a team - ever even close that has even gone to the playoffs, let alone won a superbowl with, literally, the bottom ranked offense in the league....

The Pittsburgh Steelers won Super Bowl 43 with a 22nd ranked offense.

http://www.nfl.com/superbowlchamps/offense

28 minutes ago, slats said:

Mayfield was dramatically more involved in the process than Darnold was. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Gase came over as a former HC and OC with a resume from another team. In Cleveland, Freddie Kitchens connection to Mayfield was the driving force behind that hire. There's no other reason to even talk to Kitchens. No one else was going to talk to him, yet he was the Browns first choice (unlike the Gase hire here). 

The only similarity is that both rookie QBs changed HCs. 

Wasting your time 

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bottom line is we haven’t see what he can or can’t do with offensive talent.  To ignore the fact that the OL, the WRs and most of the time the TEs And 1/4 of the season the QB were the worst in the league and that influenced what we saw is pointless in trying to prove what he is or isn’t 

What about his 3 years in Miami?

we can’t keep making excuses for the guy.  He’s a bad coach.  It’s obvious to anyone that has watched this team.

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What about his 3 years in Miami?

we can’t keep making excuses for the guy.  He’s a bad coach.  It’s obvious to anyone that has watched this team.

His QB was injured all 3 years.   Made the playoffs once. Contended another year with Osweiller.  Anyone who actually watched knows what he had in Miami sucked.  It’s not an excuse.  It’s what it was.  He was just under .500 with a shlt team and no one at QB most of the time 

You hate him, we get it.  I want to see him coach with talent and then if they struggle it’s on him.  Not do this stupid game making believe we were talented or Miami was and it’s on Gase 

• Sympathy 1

@14 in Green

Let's be real, Peyton Manning talked Christopher Johnson into hiring his boy Adam Gase. You think some easy going kid like Darnold is going to disagree with one of the best quarterbacks to ever play this game? He wants to be great like Peyton, so of course he's going to go along with whatever Peyton says. Baker Mayfield had more to do with hiring Freddie (his offensive coordinator) than Darnold ever had to do with hiring the just fired Dolphins head coach, Adam Gase. Remember when you were praising Kitchen's opening press conference and having a good ol laugh at Gase's opening press conference? Those were fun times. \\:D/

Jets offense: 

32nd in yards per game.

31st in points

31st in 3rd down percentage

5th highest in penalty yards

Jets defense:

7th in yards per game

16th in points

17th in 3rd down percentage

19th highest penalty yards

Both offense and defense had injuries and talent issues.  Gregg Williams overachieved.  Gase put up the worst offensive numbers this team has seen in some time.  This includes when we had guys like mccown geno smith, Morton and Bates running the show.

And yet, Adam Gase, the guy who has nothing to do with the defense is going to have praise heaped on him for getting the Jets to 7-9 with his shrewd coaching.  Guys like the Johsnon brothers and the national media believe this, the smart people can see right through it.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

What positions need upgrades based on what you saw yesterday on offense? Should Brown be the starter when Herndon/Griffin return next year? Should Robbie be our #1 or #2 for that matter? Did you see AJ Brown catching passes from Tannyhill yesterday? He makes Robbie A look like a stick figure. Are you loving the burst shown by Le'veon Bell this year? Old man Powell looks like he's shot out of a cannon compared to Bell but he can't stay healthy either. What Olineman will be STARTERS in the league next year after being let go? (not filling in for injuries). 

The only keepers for the starting lineup in 2020 on offense are Sam, Crowder & Herndon! Even Bell can be replaced by a guy like Ettienne. How many other teams could you say this about their entire offensive units?

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

What positions need upgrades based on what you saw yesterday on offense? Should Brown be the starter when Herndon/Griffin return next year? Should Robbie be our #1 or #2 for that matter? Did you see AJ Brown catching passes from Tannyhill yesterday? He makes Robbie A look like a stick figure. Are you loving the burst shown by Le'veon Bell this year? Old man Powell looks like he's shot out of a cannon compared to Bell but he can't stay healthy either. What Olineman will be STARTERS in the league next year after being let go? (not filling in for injuries). 

The only keepers for the starting lineup in 2020 on offense are Sam, Crowder & Herndon! Even Bell can be replaced by a guy like Ettienne. How many other teams could you say this about their entire offensive units?

Everything you said is correct =- but the worst ranked offense in the league should not be acceptable - considering his track record and his hype.

I’ve asked it before and I’ll ask again - Do you believe he’s the guy that can take us to a Super Bowl?  If the answer to that is No - then he needs to go asap.

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

aka- "its the line, stupid"

no matter wtf you call..if the OL cant execute ...............................................yer fzucked

but gase is sposed to turn sh*t into gold....shrug...    and i am not even defending gase

No. But Gase should be smart enough to know to call plays to your offenses strengths not weaknesses. If you interior oline cant run block for sh*t, you don't run Bell into the teeth of the defense via wildcat on 3rd and fckin 2. I yelled befire the snap it was about to be an epic fail yesterday.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Everything you said is correct =- but the worst ranked offense in the league should not be acceptable - considering his track record and his hype.

I’ve asked it before and I’ll ask again - Do you believe he’s the guy that can take us to a Super Bowl?  If the answer to that is No - then he needs to go asap.

I saw a lot of players not EXECUTING, there were numerous drops this year on 3rd down throws & numerous times Darnold MISSED open WRS. My example yesterday proves it. Brown catches the ball? 4 more points, long nose Ficken makes those 2 FGs? 6 more points. That's 10 more points. If you tell me Bills will sit some guys & we head out on the road & play in a Monsoon & win 23-6, I'm like, well that's great. 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

How is it same situation? Kitchens was in the building with Baker Mayfield as his OC. Sam Darnold didn’t have a past relationship with Adam Gase. 

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Here's the thing: the Jets aren't firing Gase now. By all means, vent, but at the end of the day he's not going anywhere. 

So your first suggestion, fire Gase now, has been dismissed by the people in power at One Jets Drive, so what else should the team be doing to improve their terrible offense next year? 

And yes, I suspect Gase will open the season next year on a warm seat, and the fluctuations in temperature will depend on the job he does. I think anything short of dramatic improvement should/will result in his firing. He'll still be rich, though. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

As far as I’m concerned there can’t be enough of them.

He needs to go - The only reason to keep him is for a sense of consistency, but all it does is wastes a couple of more years until you move on.

He’s not the guy and everyone knows it....Don’t waste another year.

With the exception of the Osemele and Enunwa injury messes, Gase did a good job keeping the team together and playing hard thru another loser season with a crap roster.  Isn't the issue here he may not be a great OC to go with head coach?  Why not look to upgrade Loggains and hire a real OC with a talent for play calling?

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Here's the thing: the Jets aren't firing Gase now. By all means, vent, but at the end of the day he's not going anywhere. 

So your first suggestion, fire Gase now, has been dismissed by the people in power at One Jets Drive, so what else should the team be doing to improve their terrible offense next year? 

And yes, I suspect Gase will open the season next year on a warm seat, and the fluctuations in temperature will depend on the job he does. I think anything short of dramatic improvement should/will result in his firing. He'll still be rich, though. 

This is venting - I do understand he’s coming back - but I don’t have to be happy about it.

I just hate that next year is another wasted season - and with him at the helm I have little doubt that will be the case.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Huh? How do you explain the improvement in Miami’s offense this season without him? 

How do you explain the fact that Jeremy Bates got more out of the same players in Darnolds rookie year sans Jamison Crowder and LeVeon Bell?

Last year the Jets weren’t the worst offense in the league and Darnold was throwing to Elijah McGuire, Jermaine Kearse, and Robby Anderson. 

3 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

With the exception of the Osemele and Enunwa injury messes, Gase did a good job keeping the team together and playing hard thru another loser season with a crap roster.  Isn't the issue here he may not be a great OC to go with head coach?  Why not look to upgrade Loggains and hire a real OC with a talent for play calling?

Agree.

If he hired a real OC and handed over play calling duties I would fell MUCH better - but have you heard this guy?  His ego is massive, there’s nooooo way he’s doing that.

That’s a big part of the problem with him - he seemingly refuses to adapt. 

• Sympathy 1

2019 - 32nd ranked offense Jets

2018 - 31st ranked offense Dolphins

2017 - 25th ranked offense Dolphins

2016 - 24th ranked offense Dolphins

2015 - 21st ranked offense Bears

That's some stellar resume over the past 5 years for an offensive coach.  It's almost as if you could have predicated a terrible offense by the 4 previous years.

• Upvote 2

What about the 3 games before that where we scored 34 each game? These kinda stats bother me a lil bit

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jets offense: 

32nd in yards per game.

31st in points

31st in 3rd down percentage

5th highest in penalty yards

Jets defense:

7th in yards per game

16th in points

17th in 3rd down percentage

19th highest penalty yards

Both offense and defense had injuries and talent issues.  Gregg Williams overachieved.  Gase put up the worst offensive numbers this team has seen in some time.  This includes when we had guys like mccown geno smith, Morton and Bates running the show.

And yet, Adam Gase, the guy who has nothing to do with the defense is going to have praise heaped on him for getting the Jets to 7-9 with his shrewd coaching.  Guys like the Johsnon brothers and the national media believe this, the smart people can see right through it.

Fun facts:

- Average points scored by offenses across the league this season: 22.8
- The Jets played 16 games and won 7. The offense reached 22.8 points 4 times all season. 
- Even with scoring 34 points in 3 straight games, the Jets were the second lowest scoring offense in the league; almost a full TD (5.6 ppg) lower than the average

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

@14 in Green

Let's be real, Peyton Manning talked Christopher Johnson into hiring his boy Adam Gase. You think some easy going kid like Darnold is going to disagree with one of the best quarterbacks to ever play this game? He wants to be great like Peyton, so of course he's going to go along with whatever Peyton says. Baker Mayfield had more to do with hiring Freddie (his offensive coordinator) than Darnold ever had to do with hiring the just fired Dolphins head coach, Adam Gase. Remember when you were praising Kitchen's opening press conference and having a good ol laugh at Gase's opening press conference? Those were fun times. \\:D/

Yeah I remember, lol. they wer good times, buddy. The movie didn’t play out the way I thought it would, that’s for sure...

• Haha 1