6, 22, 14, 16, 13

3 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

you're not very bright are you? Do you often struggle to find the root cause of problems with your favorite football team? You must have talent to work with. Gase didn't have any. The next time you want to criticize Gase? Please READ this post. Thank you.

Has he not had any the past 5 years either?

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

We have a QB which is the most important piece we have going forward.

We have a couple of good TEs

We have a couple of OL that should stick

Bell should be back

Crowder is still young

Moves need to be made but if this roster was healthy they could have been a playoff team and probably would have.  This is not a team without talent and with all the injuries it allowed other players to get experience.

On D how many young players stepped up? Hewitt, Burgess, Phillips, Austin, Basham, maulet, fatusaki, Williams, Copeland is still young, Jenkins still young.

If you cannot see we have pieces I can't help you.  That doesn't mean there still isn't a lot of work to do but the cupboard isn't bare.

The defense wasn’t part of the conversation. But I agree. Williams did a great job considering Avery Williamson went down preseason and Mosley played half a game.  The defense showed a lot considering all the injuries and honestly I am really not that concerned with that part of the team. Not only did young guys step up but showed versatility by playing multiple positions/techniques. Next season I’d expect a top 10 D or better across the board if we keep Pool and get a decent outside CB. 
cant argue about that at all. 

On 12/30/2019 at 4:31 PM, Obrien2Toon said:

It was an amazing coaching job getting us to 7-9

a coaching job by G Williams

There is a difference between being a coordinator and a HC. Williams, who did a great job, has it much easier than Gase. I've seen plenty of great coordinators struggle as HC. Joe Walton, Bud Carson, Gregg Williams (one time Buffalo HC), Bruce Coslet.

I remember way back in the early eighties, when Walt Michaels brought on Joe Walton as OC. Walton did a great job everyone credited him for the 1981 &82 turnaround. The Jets replaced Michaels with Walton, and they nose dived!!! Big difference between being coordinator and HC!

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

The defense wasn’t part of the conversation. But I agree. Williams did a great job considering Avery Williamson went down preseason and Mosley played half a game.  The defense showed a lot considering all the injuries and honestly I am really not that concerned with that part of the team. Not only did young guys step up but showed versatility by playing multiple positions/techniques. Next season I’d expect a top 10 D or better across the board if we keep Pool and get a decent outside CB. 
cant argue about that at all. 

Offensively we need some help for the QB, that's going to be Douglas's priority.  The OL will be overhauled and that's most important.  Just with a better OL the O will limited dramatically.  Imagine Sam for 16 games, Herndon back, a full year of Thomas along with Crowder, Bell behind a better OL where his patient style of running can take off again...

I'm not saying we'll be SB champs next year but I expect playoffs.  I think we would have made it this year if we were close to healthy, even if Sam never gets mono I think we make it.

We have plenty to be excited about. Am I sold on Gase as an offensive coach? No but getting this team to 7 wins as a HC was very impressive.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

At least allow Cooter to help develop Sam. Without Sam showing signs of growth nothing else matters. (except drafting OL, OL, OL)

I hope Sam changes his offseason training   ups and  works with a different coach (I am not a fan of Palmer) and clean up some technical issues to help him with the accuracy issues. 

12 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Has he not had any the past 5 years either?

Exactly. It's not like it hasn't been the very same problem with more than one person. At some point, you've got to look at the facts and stop arguing illogical nonsense. Schottenheimer, Tony Sparano, Marty Mornhinweg, Chan Gailey, John Morton, Jeremy Bates, Dowell Loggains, that's 7 OC's since 2011. MORE OC changes than actual HC changes, and they ALL get the same results. It's TALENT. It's 100% about talent. It's about a GM drafting talented offensive players each and every year and the Jets haven't had one.