Are the Browns still “light years” ahead

kevinc855

Serious answer to the question -- the Browns have more high end talent than the Jets so theoretically they are closer to the ultimate goal but they are one of the only organizations demonstrably more incompetent from a leadership/management standpoint than the Jets so they are a total mess. The fact that they won fewer games than this injury riddled Jets team is embarrassing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Absolutely. 

They averaged 1.3 wins per season over the 3 years prior to their rebuild. Since the Dorsey/Mayfield Era they're averaging 6.5 wins per season. That's a 5 win net gain. 

The Jets averaged just over 6.6 wins per season over the 3 years prior to their rebuild. Since the Macc/Douglass/Sam Era they're averaging 5.5 wins per season. That's a 1 win decline. 

The Jets were averaging 5 more wins per season over the Browns before their rebuild, since their rebuild the Browns are averaging 1 more win than the Jets. What would you call that? 

You're letting the media hype and progressive commercials blind you from the facts. 

It helps to note that Darnold has missed about 1/4 of each of his first 2 seasons and the Jets lost EVERY SINGLE GAME Darnold did not play in.  Not just lost, they were pretty much blown out in every one of those games.  You have to recognize that.

More proof that there are probably Canadian League football rosters with more talent on them than the garbage Stumblebum Maccagnan flung together.  Mayfield has been in a way way better situation than Darnold personnel wise.

My prediction for next year is that talk starts about Mayfield losing his starting job and that he winds up finishing his career as a back-up....on another team.

The guy is not nor will he ever be a “leader of men”, and with his attitude you better win or whatever problems surface things will be 1,000x worse than if you had a guy who is stoic in the same situation....that was seen this year with some teammates already begging to jump ship.

The NFL is not Oklahoma, where he enjoyed playing on a team with a talent level ions better than the rest of the conference it played in.

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes they are still far ahead of us.  We can catch up if we for once have a killer good draft.  They still have talent in key spots we do not.

They have a #1 CB

They have a #1 pass rusher

They have a #1 RB

They have talent #1 talent WR

And we had practice players out there and won more games. So explain that one to me

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Jets 7-9

browns 6-10

Ok.  So, finishing one win ahead, still not making the playoffs, with a meaningfully easier strength of schedule (3rd easiest), and losing to the team you're making a comparison to, means something worthy of this dumb victory lap?

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

And we had practice players out there and won more games. So explain that one to me

In 2018 we had the same record as San Francisco, obviously we are further head of them!

Win loss records in one given year have little to do with overall team plan, team make up and possibility for future success.

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Ok.  So, finishing one win ahead, still not making the playoffs, with a meaningfully easier strength of schedule (3rd easiest), and losing to the team you're making a comparison to, means something worthy of this dumb victory lap?

The Jets were 7-6 with the QB taken 2 spots behind the Cleveland Browns starting QB.  The Jets started 11 different players and 10 different OL lineups at some point this season.  They had the most money on the salary cap on IR in the entire league.  This is in addition to the fact, the Jets roster vs. the Browns roster is comparable to that of my High School Football team and the Florida Gators.  The Browns had Super Bowl aspirations, they Jets had aspirations of 7-9.

The folks taking this dumb victory lap are high fiving each other, hugging maybe even kissing and excited for the future while you sit on the sidelines calling people dumb and not even enjoying the taste of your salty tears.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

The Jets were 7-6 with the QB taken 2 spots behind the Cleveland Browns starting QB.  The Jets started 11 different players and 10 different OL lineups at some point this season.  They had the most money on the salary cap on IR in the entire league.  This is in addition to the fact, the Jets roster vs. the Browns roster is comparable to that of my High School Football team and the Florida Gators.  The Browns had Super Bowl aspirations, they Jets had aspirations of 7-9.

The folks taking this dumb victory lap are high fiving each other, hugging maybe even kissing and excited for the future while you sit on the sidelines calling people dumb and not even enjoying the taste of your salty tears.

JiF- I don't know when you lost the ability to speak to me without these personal attacks lately - it wasn't always the case, but you can definitely just put me on ignore, or, just ignore me.  I'll do the same.

Just now, TeddEY said:

JiF- I don't know when you lost the ability to speak to me without these personal attacks lately - it wasn't always the case, but you can definitely just put me on ignore, or, just ignore me.  I'll do the same.

Huh?  You're serious right now?  Where is the personal attack?  The tasting your tears comment?

bro...

Just now, JiF said:

Huh?  You're serious right now?  Where is the personal attack?  The tasting your tears comment?

bro...

Just a continuation of the 20 or so in the game thread last week, no?  And plenty leading up to that.  It's cool, we have a different opinion of Sam Darnold.  So, I guess it's deserved...

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Yes they are still far ahead of us.  We can catch up if we for once have a killer good draft.  They still have talent in key spots we do not.

They have a #1 CB

They have a #1 pass rusher

They have a #1 RB

They have talent #1 talent WR

The #1 also represents how many more losses they had than our JV team.  F the Browns and their sycophants.

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Just a continuation of the 20 or so in the game thread last week, no?  And plenty leading up to that.  It's cool, we have a different opinion of Sam Darnold.  So, I guess it's deserved...

Man up chooch.  If a fly takes a couple laps around your head that doesn't mean its personally attacking you.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

You mean when I called you emotional? 

I thought you had a little bit thicker skin than that but my bad, bro.  I'll refrain from such scathing name calling in the future.

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

It helps to note that Darnold has missed about 1/4 of each of his first 2 seasons and the Jets lost EVERY SINGLE GAME Darnold did not play in.  Not just lost, they were pretty much blown out in every one of those games.  You have to recognize that.

More proof that there are probably Canadian League football rosters with more talent on them than the garbage Stumblebum Maccagnan flung together.  Mayfield has been in a way way better situation than Darnold personnel wise.

My prediction for next year is that talk starts about Mayfield losing his starting job and that he winds up finishing his career as a back-up....on another team.

The guy is not nor will he ever be a “leader of men”, and with his attitude you better win or whatever problems surface things will be 1,000x worse than if you had a guy who is stoic in the same situation....that was seen this year with some teammates already begging to jump ship.

The NFL is not Oklahoma, where he enjoyed playing on a team with a talent level ions better than the rest of the conference it played in.

It helps to note that Baker DID NOT immediately start as a rookie. Matter of fact, he didnt make his official start until week 4, and every game that he didnt play in the Browns either lost or tied. So should I go make excuses for that? 

Should I make an excuse for Mayfield's 4 game losing streak his rookie season and suddenly things got back on track once Hue Jackson was finally fired and Greg Williams was named HC and immediately after that 4 game losing streak the Browns end the season 5-2 under Williams? 

Please, tell me where I can put these excuses that you surely didnt mention for Mayfield. ?

Or, how about we simply talk about the "rebuild" since a rebuild is the overall building of the team.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Serious answer to the question -- the Browns have more high end talent than the Jets so theoretically they are closer to the ultimate goal but they are one of the only organizations demonstrably more incompetent from a leadership/management standpoint than the Jets so they are a total mess. The fact that they won fewer games than this injury riddled Jets team is embarrassing.

Facts. 

This cant be debated. This isnt Mayfield hate, this is straight truth.

2 hours ago, TeddEY said:

2 hours ago, Pac said:

Man up chooch.  If a fly takes a couple laps around your head that doesn't mean its personally attacking you.

I hate to say this, because he is a vile creature, but PAC is right. 

Dig deep. Work past the sleep deprivation of parenting, the sexual frustration of marriage and remember this is the internet. We’re all the smartest one here. We’re all the dumbest one here. Teasing ain’t personal.

Hacking your account so I could find out where to watch you while you sleep? That might be a litttle personal, but still... thick skin for the win!

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Of us in the rebuild? Can someone find that old thread where about 6-8 of you made the case for how much better the browns would be this season and how smart their front office is?

That thread aged well...

Their team was poorly coached, unmotivated and undisciplined.   If they bring in a competent coach who can handle the personalities on the team then we'll see what they can do.