Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DRJETS

Ryan Tannehill REGRESSED under the FRAUD and now look like a franchise QB

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

carrying the Titans into the playoff. A total different QB. I can't stand that clown Chris Johnson and the media gushing around him about the season turning point when he gave the assurance that Gase was staying as HC.   The fraud last game against the Bills backup players was 13-6 for crying out loud.  I can see the FRAUD wasting 3 years of Darnolds.  Then, people will start writing him off like Ryan Tannehill and in the end saving another franchise.  Our freaking luck.

Yup...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

carrying the Titans into the playoff. A total different QB. I can't stand that clown Chris Johnson and the media gushing around him about the season turning point when he gave the assurance that Gase was staying as HC.   The fraud last game against the Bills backup players was 13-6 for crying out loud.  I can see the FRAUD wasting 3 years of Darnolds.  Then, people will start writing him off like Ryan Tannehill and in the end saving another franchise.  Our freaking luck.

He carried nothing, Derrick Henry carried that offense.  He was fortunate to face Titans backups after the Jets beat Pitt because 2 weeks ago in a game for the division title he was awful.

He has Derrick Henry and AJ brown, that's why he's succeeding and he won't kept it up.

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He carried nothing, Derrick Henry carried that offense.  He was fortunate to face Titans backups after the Jets beat Pitt because 2 weeks ago in a game for the division title he was awful.

He has Derrick Henry and AJ brown, that's why he's succeeding and he won't kept it up.

if the OC is the reason , why didnt mariota perform? dr jets is the dingleberry of the buttfumble

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Zzz you really think Tannehill is a franchise QB? You’d take him? Doubt it

He is playing like the QB he was suppose to be and the final dagger was being coached three years by Payton Manning's former coffee boy.  Now he is putting number like 70% completion 22 TD 6 INT. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KRL said:

Good job by Tannehill but his effectiveness is all about Henry and their running game.

When you get 4-5 yards every time you hand the ball off it takes tons of pressure off

the QB's shoulders

 

Their 3rd quarter stats are silly sauce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DRJETS said:

He is playing like the QB he was suppose to be and the final dagger was being coached three years by Payton Manning's former coffee boy.  Now he is putting number like 70% completion 22 TD 6 INT. 

It's not hard to play QB when your RB runs for 150-200 yds every week and your top WR takes 10 yd passes and goes 60 yards.

Ryan's best close to full season was under Gase, he had been out then bathing back from major injuries since leaving late in 2016.

Tannehill is a guy that can play well for a few games but never maintain it(basically like Fitz). We'll get a better judgement of him next season when he's the starter week 1 and has all the expectations on his shoulders.  I've seen that movie before, it doesn't end well.

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He carried nothing, Derrick Henry carried that offense.  He was fortunate to face Titans backups after the Jets beat Pitt because 2 weeks ago in a game for the division title he was awful.

He has Derrick Henry and AJ brown, that's why he's succeeding and he won't kept it up.

Then, Bell could had been our Henry if our fraud would had watched his old Pitts tape.  He do not know how to utilize one of the most electrifying player in the NFL.  Heck it took Darnolds seeing ghost finally confronting him that he had enough of his bs playcalling and to implement what make him confortable that is how he got a little better.  That sideline confrontation between the fraud and Darnolds is all we need to see.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Then, Bell could had been our Henry if our fraud would had watched his old Pitts tape.  He do not know how to utilize one of the most electrifying player in the NFL.  Heck it took Darnolds seeing ghost finally confronting him that he had enough of his bs playcalling and to implement what make him confortable that is how he got a little better.  That sideline confrontation between the fraud and Darnolds is all we need to see.  

Is it the play calls or is it that the Titans OL is made up of 2 first round tackles, a high priced free agent guard and they suffered no injuries to their starting OL?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

carrying the Titans into the playoff. A total different QB. I can't stand that clown Chris Johnson and the media gushing around him about the season turning point when he gave the assurance that Gase was staying as HC.   The fraud last game against the Bills backup players was 13-6 for crying out loud.  I can see the FRAUD wasting 3 years of Darnolds.  Then, people will start writing him off like Ryan Tannehill and in the end saving another franchise.  Our freaking luck.

If you can’t attack Gase because he went 6-2 in the second half of the season, then somehow criticize him for the success of one of his former players. IDIOCY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Is it the play calls or is it that the Titans OL is made up of 2 first round tackles, a high priced free agent guard and they suffered no injuries to their starting OL?

That have nothing to do not adjusting for half of the season at 1-7 having a free defensive player coming free almost every single passing play.  

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breer sums up Tannehill's performance perfectly:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/30/nfl-playoffs-49ers-seahawks-eagles-titans-coach-firings-week-17-mmqb

No longer saddled with the expectations that come with being the eighth overall pick, Tannehill is thriving playing sidecar to Henry in the Titans’ offense. On Sunday, his passer rating exceeded 130 for the sixth time in seven weeks, which is staggering efficiency from a quarterback the Dolphins hauled out to the street corner with a “For Sale” sign earlier this year.

“If you can run the football, you’re going to win a lot of games in this league. I think that’s been proven over the years, especially in the playoffs,” Tannehill said. “It’s something that we’ve believed in from day one—everything starts up there, and we’ll build off that with play action dropbacks and get our guys who are really explosive the ball on the outside.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, KRL said:

Good job by Tannehill but his effectiveness is all about Henry and their running game.

When you get 4-5 yards every time you hand the ball off it takes tons of pressure off

the QB's shoulders

 

And Mariota didn't understand that or couldn't take advantage of it when he was at the helm?  I don't think so.  The QB change was the key to shifting their season.  Henry was lights out one way or the other (Mariota/Tannehill).

Jets fans that won't admit Gase did a poot-to-terrible job with Tannehill in Miami are whistling past the graveyard.

Color me unimpressed with his "development" of Sam, who still throws off his back foot constantly.  The day Gase can get him to somewhat fix his footwork and mechanics is the day I'll believe the fictional narrative that he is some sort of QB guru.    He is certainly not.  And he doesn't use Bell correctly either.  Nor did he use Drake successfully like the "mighty" Arizona Cardinals.  And don't start me on how he couldn't get Devante Parker to do anything.  Look at Parker now.  Top 10 WR. 

Give me a break.  That is too many players failing under Gase but becoming not just good, but studly in Gase's absence.  Not a coincidence.   Tannehill, Drake, Parker.  And Gesicki looked solid too now that Gase is gone as well.  Way too much evidence here.  To ignore it, like many do here, is absurd.  Whistling past the graveyard.

Gase's track record developing players and utilizing them correctly  is horrible and we Jets fans act like we hired a HOF coach.

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

If you can’t attack Gase because he went 6-2 in the second half of the season, then somehow criticize him for the success of one of his former players. IDIOCY

The defense won those games against those trash team.  The opponents average 14 points in those games and I thougth Gase was brought here to develop Darnolds.  For instance look at the game yesterday, if not for Gregg Williams's defense holding the Bills back up players to 6 points what an embarrasment would had been losing to back up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Zzz you really think Tannehill is a franchise QB? You’d take him? Doubt it

They were losing with Mariota. Now they are a playoff team. Yeah, i would say that is franchise QB. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A playoff berth is always a good season. But the Titans' season is ending unhappily in Foxboro Saturday night. There's not much you can draw form that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, KRL said:

Good job by Tannehill but his effectiveness is all about Henry and their running game.

When you get 4-5 yards every time you hand the ball off it takes tons of pressure off

the QB's shoulders

 

Great point. Henry had 200+ on the ground yesterday @ 6.5 + a pop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

He carried nothing, Derrick Henry carried that offense.  He was fortunate to face Titans backups after the Jets beat Pitt because 2 weeks ago in a game for the division title he was awful.

He has Derrick Henry and AJ brown, that's why he's succeeding and he won't kept it up.

This makes absolutely  no sense. RB's no longer carry teams, if that was true, the Browns would be a playoff team, they have 2 stud RB's. Tanny was a difference maker or do you think Mariota got the hook at the wrong time and they would have started to win with either QB. They were losing badly with Mariota.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DRJETS said:

The defense won those games against those trash team.  The opponents average 14 points in those games and I thougth Gase was brought here to develop Darnolds.  For instance look at the game yesterday, if not for Gregg Williams's defense holding the Bills back up players to 6 points what an embarrasment would had been losing to back up.  

Who cares he’s the HC and they won, that is what he should be judged on. I could give a damn what Tannehill does now. I hope he destroys the Patriots next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KRL said:

Good job by Tannehill but his effectiveness is all about Henry and their running game.

What do you base that on?

The Titans rushed for, I believe, 50+ more yards per game once Tannehill replaced Mariota.

And 60+ more passing yards per game.

This was all about Tannehill being materially more effective at QB than Mariota, being a legit passing threat, opening up the field for Henry to thrive, and the game by game stats back that up.

I expect better analysis from a guy like you KRL, you're too smart to fall into the "Tanny sucks" simpleton crew.

While painful, it's rather obvious that Tanny was better and more productive before, and after, his time with Adam Gase.  Such is life, Gase is our Coach, we'll just have to hope Gase can finally produce an offense in 2020 that isn't in the bottom of the NFL Rankings for once.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

carrying the Titans into the playoff. A total different QB. I can't stand that clown Chris Johnson and the media gushing around him about the season turning point when he gave the assurance that Gase was staying as HC.   The fraud last game against the Bills backup players was 13-6 for crying out loud.  I can see the FRAUD wasting 3 years of Darnolds.  Then, people will start writing him off like Ryan Tannehill and in the end saving another franchise.  Our freaking luck.

Please stop the narrative that they beat a bunch of backup players. The Jets are a collective of backups.

I'm not a Gase fan and had wished they went with McCarthy. Having said that could Gase have been dealt a worse hand in terms of injuries and illness? As someone mentioned in an earlier post, he kept this team together in the second half to go 6-2. Pretty impressive.

And all of the above can be said about Darnold. This guy was left with 3rd stringers in play with. That and having to deal with recovering from mono I thought the kid did fairly well.

The reality is Gase going nowhere so let's see what he along with Douglas can do next year with hopefully a healthier group.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stating the obvious that a running game getting 5 yards a pop makes the QB's 

job easier is not supporting Gase.  Its called football 101

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bugg said:

A playoff berth is always a good season. But the Titans' season is ending unhappily in Foxboro Saturday night. There's not much you can draw form that. 

I wouldn't  make any predictions about playing in Foxboro anymore. The Pats are far from dominating. Miami is a bunch of no names and beat them there. The Pats needed that bye a lot more than any other team. Look it up. Years they made the playoffs without a bye. No SB appearances and are 3 and 3 and that was whem they were good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Gase was 13-11 with a healthy Tannehill. 

Tannehill looks light years better in Tennessee.  Mariota also had Henry to help him.  So it isn't Henry.  Drake is looking studly in mighty Arizona, yet under Gase he couldn't do anything to help his QB or team.  How succesful was Gase with Devante Parker, who is now a top 10 NFL WR?  Gesicki breaks out the moment Gase is gone too.  But I guess it's ok to ignore all this contradictory evidence.

Do us a favor.  Stop posting Gase's Dolphins history to defend and excuse him.  It's like an incompetent lawyer inadvertently condemning his own client in front of the court during his feeble attempt to defend him.  Gase's history is close to a death blow.  It doesn't help your argument at all.  How can you not see this?  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the OP goes way overboard IMO there are things that Gase has not done well.  Darnold has not progressed that much if at all this season.  

That has led a few of us on this forum to suggest that he is no good, not worth it or even a bust.  

But the truth is Gase did not do designed rollouts early enough in the season for Darnold who is great at them.

Gase is not working on Sam’s fundamentals as we even saw Bates doing with Sam. For example Sam is now to willing to bailout and throw off his back foot making outrageously bad throws at times something he was not doing last year.  Just pop in the tape from the Jets vs Green Bay last year when Sam looked well, great!  He has not looked like that at all this year.  The closest was the Cowboy game and he was ok.  

I saw trouble when I heard San ask for advice from Gase during the Pats beat down and Gaes’s response was “Sam you know what to do” and that was it.  Well if he knew what do he wouldn’t be asking you would he Gase!

At the end of the day Gase will be back next year and rightfully so. I did not like the Gase hire, his football style or leadership.  However we have to be honest the Jets did not quit and Sam’s numbers went up despite what I point out above.  

Next year is the key—- the choice may come down to keeping either Gase or Darnold and then we will really see if the organization led by JD has a clue about what it is doing. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What do you base that on?

The Titans rushed for, I believe, 50+ more yards per game once Tannehill replaced Mariota.

And 60+ more passing yards per game.

This was all about Tannehill being materially more effective at QB than Mariota, being a legit passing threat, opening up the field for Henry to thrive, and the game by game stats back that up.

I expect better analysis from a guy like you KRL, you're too smart to fall into the "Tanny sucks" simpleton crew.

While painful, it's rather obvious that Tanny was better and more productive before, and after, his time with Adam Gase.  Such is life, Gase is our Coach, we'll just have to hope Gase can finally produce an offense in 2020 that isn't in the bottom of the NFL Rankings for once.

 

Yes, this is what I'm trying to show as well.  Thanks for posting a bit more eloquently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...