Ryan Tannehill REGRESSED under the FRAUD and now look like a franchise QB

DRJETS

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

You didn't watch the Titans play.  Not saying Ryan wasn't good (he was) but his job was easy with Henry and brown carrying the load.  In the biggest game of the season he was a no show vs Houston.  He got lucky we beat Pitt and Houston sat everyone.

What you haven't  noticed is if Tanny didn't  start or Mariota, they are in the top 10 in this coming draft and probably draft another QB in the first round. 

What, did Henry wake up after Tanny got the start? Are you that naive?  Henry played better becaise teams had to defend the pass. It opened up the box for him. As for Brown, doesn't  soneone have to throw the ball to him. Who could that possibly  be?

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

Manning was elite LONG before he bumped into  Gase-do you really think Manning would have not had success without Gase in that short period of time when his entire career and long before he bumped into Gase he was elite?

Manning was on the downside, his numbers were going down and had his best season ever.  Deny it, spin it, its fact.

But Gase was a coffee boy.

Like he was when he got better production with Cutler or when he got to the playoffs with Tebow at QB

Gotcha

Good job by Tannehill but his effectiveness is all about Henry and their running game.

When you get 4-5 yards every time you hand the ball off it takes tons of pressure off

the QB's shoulders

Maybe we get a few o lineman and a blue chip running back that has not lost their Step to support Sam. Look what Sanchez did his first year

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

It was claimed here.  I think it is plain to see that Gase has done nothing special here yet nor at any other time in his career.  I don't buy into the Peyton Manning B.S. in Denver.  There is really no satisfactory explanation or justification of what Gase brings, or more appropriately, doesn't bring to the table as Jets HC.

This is is nothing but programmatic, because unlike some other teams, the NY Jets owner will never admit a mistake until it's several years too late.    

a peyton endorsement is nice. shrug.

i was underwhelmed by the hire. still am, but....  he's meh so far.

the roster is meh and the OL is garbage and bell is slow.

we'll see if it gets better....   

the worst thing about being a jet fan is year in and year out watching fans defend terrible talent be it players,  coaches or gms-it is amazing.

I would love to know what some folks do for a living that not only tolerate but defend poor performance year in and year out.

I have heard for decades about the need to be patient with the "process" and our gms and coaches have a "plan"

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, kmnj said:

the worst thing about being a jet fan is year in and year out watching fans defend terrible talent be it players,  coaches or gms-it is amazing.

I would love to know what some folks do for a living that not only tolerate but defend poor performance year in and year out.

I have heard for decades about the need to be patient with the "process" and our gms and coaches have a "plan"

The only thing terrible on our team is the oline,cbs, and head coach.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Manning was on the downside, his numbers were going down and had his best season ever.  Deny it, spin it, its fact.

But Gase was a coffee boy.

Like he was when he got better production with Cutler or when he got to the playoffs with Tebow at QB

Gotcha

once again the guy has a LOSING record as a head coach -his offenses with the dolphins and now with the Jets are bottom of the barrel but u keep pumping him up for bumping into Peyton.  

• Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Tannehill looks light years better in Tennessee.  Mariota also had Henry to help him.  So it isn't Henry.  Drake is looking studly in mighty Arizona, yet under Gase he couldn't do anything to help his QB or team.  How succesful was Gase with Devante Parker, who is now a top 10 NFL WR?  Gesicki breaks out the moment Gase is gone too.  But I guess it's ok to ignore all this contradictory evidence.

Do us a favor.  Stop posting Gase's Dolphins history to defend and excuse him.  It's like an incompetent lawyer inadvertently condemning his own client in front of the court during his feeble attempt to defend him.  Gase's history is close to a death blow.  It doesn't help your argument at all.  How can you not see this?  

The fact that Gase had Tannehill for 24 games in three seasons isn’t a factor in how that team performed? Ok. I’ll revisit my feelings.

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

once again the guy has a LOSING record as a head coach -his offenses with the dolphins and now with the Jets are bottom of the barrel but u keep pumping him up for bumping into Peyton.  

Once again hes a near .500 HC.  Hes had his QB out most of the time hes coached.  

Tebow, Cutler and Manning

I'm giving you facts, haven't pumped anyone up.  It is what it is, Manning and others did well with that offense,  

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

If you can’t attack Gase because he went 6-2 in the second half of the season, then somehow criticize him for the success of one of his former players. IDIOCY

Because he achieved this success only AFTER he became a "former player".

Coincidence or not the fact that this happened only after the split does not support your position. 

It's hard to be right as often as I am:

Mariota is absolute garbage.  He's not even the best QB on the team anymore.  Tannehill is and I wouldnt be surprised one bit if he ends up finishing out the year as the starter.  Both total injury liabilities too, so the Titans have a lot to look forward to.  If Darnold ends up like Mariota, I dont even think disappointment is the word.  More like; hopeless, shot me, I dont know why I bother rather than just disappointment.

1 hour ago, DRJETS said:

carrying the Titans into the playoff. A total different QB. I can't stand that clown Chris Johnson and the media gushing around him about the season turning point when he gave the assurance that Gase was staying as HC.   The fraud last game against the Bills backup players was 13-6 for crying out loud.  I can see the FRAUD wasting 3 years of Darnolds.  Then, people will start writing him off like Ryan Tannehill and in the end saving another franchise.  Our freaking luck.

This is like saying Mark Sanchez was a franchise QB. Kind of helps when you have Henry leading the league in rushing. 

10 minutes ago, jetsfansince7 said:

This scares me. Tannehill looks reborn. Better than he was combining out of school

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Chris the clown took the bait from Payton when he was about to hire MM.  Now we are stuck with this FRAUD for probably two more years wasting a franchise QB in the process. 

That this guy still have so many groupies here even after watching his old QB becoming so much better under a different offensive coach and Darnolds taking backstep under him is mindbowing.  They even go as far as to make so many different excuses that Tannehill is really carryng the torch for the RB.  This is becoming comical. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

He carried nothing, Derrick Henry carried that offense.  He was fortunate to face Titans backups after the Jets beat Pitt because 2 weeks ago in a game for the division title he was awful.

He has Derrick Henry and AJ brown, that's why he's succeeding and he won't kept it up.

Mariota somehow didn't do nearly as well?

Henry was out week 16, Tannehill had a 133 QB rating with 3 TD passes and 0 INTs.

That team wasn't winning until Tannehill came in.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

This is like saying Mark Sanchez was a franchise QB. Kind of helps when you have Henry leading the league in rushing. 

This is ridiculous. Mark Sanchez had sub 80 QB ratings with the best o-line and running game in the nfl. Tannehill is leading the league. It's NOTHING LIKE Mark Sanchez.

Stop.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Once again hes a near .500 HC.  Hes had his QB out most of the time hes coached.  

Tebow, Cutler and Manning

I'm giving you facts, haven't pumped anyone up.  It is what it is, Manning and others did well with that offense,  

bolded-shows he is a LOSER

his offensive rankings that past 4 years are what? almost last in the league

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Just like the Mark Sanchez era, the defense are winning games, like yesterday a baseball like score 13-6 against the Bills back up.  

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The fact that Gase had Tannehill for 24 games in three seasons isn’t a factor in how that team performed? Ok. I’ll revisit my feelings.

It's not your "feelings" that are questionable here.  I get how you "feel".  We all want this coach to be successful here.  The thought of it not happening after Herm, Mangini, Rex, Bowles is unfathomable.  I "feel" the same way as you do.  I want Gase to rock!  But I do suggest you revisit your reasoning, because the actual evidence points the other way.

14 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Like he wouldn't have led the league in rushing under Mariota?  Come on.  It was the change of QB that shifted the trajectory of the Titans this year.  Nothing else.  

Gase failed in Miami with the following:  Tannehill, Drake, Devante Parker and Mike Gesicki.  All of whom "miraculously" played 100 times better without Gase.

But no... it must be a coincidence.  Or we can attribute it all to Derrick Henry... as many here are trying to do.  LOL

4 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Tannehill always put up decent stats just was never healthy. 4000+ yards, 24 TDs his last healthy year in Miami. Doesn't hurt for Tannehill though the Titans have an explosive young WR like Brown who seems to break off a 60 yard TD every game

Two years prior to the FRAUD arrival in Miami, Tanny had 4,000 plus yards average 26 TD 12 INT then regressed and was out of Miami after three years of putting those numbers.  Now under a different offensive coach look better than he was ever in Miami even prior to the FRAUD.  At some point next year you will come to reality and agree that you guys were scammed by Payton former coffee boy.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Let me give it a shot.

<takes a deep breath>

Adam Gase was 13-11 in Miami when Tannehill started.

How’d I do? 

poorly.  How did Gase develop him?  How did Gase get the most from top 10 WR, Devante Parker?  How did Gase utilize Drake's talents?  How did Gesicki come along with Gase?  How did they ALL do within one season of being free from Gase?

Now those are facts.  Not feelings.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

poorly.  How did Gase develop him?  How did Gase get the most from top 10 WR, Devante Parker?  How did Gase utilize Drake's talents?  How did Gesicki come along with Gase?  How did they ALL do within one season of being free from Gase?

Now those are facts.  Not feelings.

Technically, those aren’t “facts.” Those are questions. 

12 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Two years prior to the FRAUD arrival in Miami, Tanny had 4,000 plus yards average 26 TD 12 INT then regressed and was out of Miami after three years of putting those numbers.  Now under a different offensive coach look better than he was ever in Miami even prior to the FRAUD.  At some point next year you will come to reality and agree that you guys were scammed by Payton former coffee boy.  

I never wanted Gase and my post history shows that. I wanted McCarthy or Rhule from the beginning. But with everyone on IR and losing our QB for 5 weeks I will give him credit for getting the team to 7-9. which is where I thought they would be at full strength before the season