Chris Johnson - "Not Where I Want To Be"

BettyBoop

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

This seems like one of the more depressing starts to an offseason. 

Sad but true. Hear we are a year later facing yet another crucial off season that will dictate the Jets future for the next 3-4 years. JD has to get this off season correct.

4 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Sad but true. Hear we are a year later facing yet another crucial off season that will dictate the Jets future for the next 3-4 years. JD has to get this off season correct.

Yeah I can sit here and list some things to feel good about but all I read is how bad everything is and it is hard to deny certain things around this franchise. But as you said, the only person in the building that matters right now is JD. If that guy can somehow build a team, it will work wonders. We've been here before. 

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Well isn't that special!  Chris Johnson who is to blame for the mess that is this team isn't happy.  Why not Chris?  

• Is it because you admittedly didn't stay close enough to the team to realize it's dysfunction?
  • Is it because you let a failed GM spend $130mm and make all the draft choices only to be fired weeks later?
  • Is it because you personally ordered that GM to sign Bell at any cost despite the fact that your hand-picked coach didn't want him?
  • Is it because you come and go randomly and interfere with critical decisions?

We pick 11th and will have nearly $100mm in cap space.  Every poster will speculate wildly about what this off-season should look like.  But in the end, the only thing that really matters is if Johnson will just go away and let the football people do what they were paid to do.

CJ is better than his brother if you ask me.  It seems he DID become aware of the team Dysfunction and removed the biggest offender, Mike M.

Mike M. was on a short leash due to the fact he was unliked in Florham Park, then pissed away lots of money (again) and drafted a DT (again), which was inexcusable to CJ, who did the right thing by holding him accountable and firing him.

Lots of people wanted Bell.  Perfect check down for a young QB with no OL.

At the end of the day you can't blame him for Mac's ineptitude and then blame him for firing Mac for his ineptitude.  I'm not saying Chris Johnson is a great owner, I don't think anyone has a big enough sample size to figure that out yet, but I can tell you I definitely prefer Chris to Woody Johnson.  He seems to have the pulse of the organization and isn't afraid to make real decisions.

1 hour ago, BettyBoop said:

Well isn't that special!  Chris Johnson who is to blame for the mess that is this team isn't happy.  Why not Chris?  

• Is it because you personally ordered that GM to sign Bell at any cost despite the fact that your hand-picked coach didn't want him?

Is this fact or speculation?

It was an odd signing considering Gase’s system....and considering CJ just hired him he must have understood the types of players he wanted.

I don’t buy this whole notion that CJ believed in Adam Gase and is totally bought in. 

With Woody’s imminent return in 2020, I have little doubt that big brother said leave everything alone until I return. 

The decision to retain Gase is probably a combination of the fact the team and Sam not only didn’t implode at 1-7, they all improved / Woody wants to be involved in the next coach search if Gase fails in 2020 / Woody worried CJ doesn’t know sh*t. 

Joe D has to have full control of the roster and make decisions based on his football knowledge and trust his decision making process.  If the owners don't let that happen then what's the sense of having a GM?  Either they trust who they hired or just do the Jerry Jones owner and GM thing.