Robby to command $13-$15m APY

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

I just don't get the handling of Robby at the deadline or really at all this season

they must not trust him with work ethic after a pay day 

and have no intentions of signing him 

because you're right he'd have been cheaper earlier in the process 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bitonti said:

While I can see the viewpoint that Robby isn't worth the money, here's some additional context: 

The Jets have 43 players on the roster next season, and several more of them are going to be cut  (Avery Williamson, Trumaine, Winters, Enunwa)  

they have 60 mil in free cap (which is a ton) but after the cuts it could be 20-30 more than that 

the cap is going up to 200 mil from 188 so essentially they could give Robby 12M and that's just the cap increase from 2019 to 2020 

other than Adams and Darnold 3 years out there's not alot of big extensions on the horizon 

the Jets can pay this player and probably should pay this player 

He's tall and fast and other teams have to account for him. He has decent chemistry with Darnold. 

They have too many other holes to be creating more holes. They need Robby AND another WR and another TE and another RB and a whole new O line ETC. they need an edge rusher and more CBs.

they don't have enough draft picks for all the holes they need to fill. Losing Robby feels like another step backward  

So give a mid range wide receiver 12 mil by default ? Thats terribly flawed logic

• Upvote 2

Receiving & Rushing

• * Selected to Pro Bowl, + First-Team All-Pro
  •  
  • Share & more
    • Modify & Share Table
    • Embed this Table
    • Get as Excel Workbook (experimental)
    • Get table as CSV (for Excel)
    • Strip Mobile Formatting
    • Copy Link to Table to Clipboard
    • About Sharing Tools
    • Video: SR Sharing Tools & How-to
    • Video: Stats Table Tips & Tricks
  • Glossary
  Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       62 47 382 207 3059 14.8 20 122 92 3.3 49.3 54.2% 8.0 9 47 0 2 30 5.2 0.8 0.1 216 14.4 3106 20 4 17
2016 23 NYJ wr 11 16 8 78 42 587 14.0 2 19 52 2.6 36.7 53.8% 7.5 3 42 0 2 30 14.0 2.6 0.2 45 14.0 629 2 1 4
2017 24 NYJ WR 11 16 15 114 63 941 14.9 7 38 69 3.9 58.8 55.3% 8.3 3 9 0 0 7 3.0 0.6 0.2 66 14.4 950 7 0 7
2018 25 NYJ WR 11 14 9 94 50 752 15.0 6 30 76 3.6 53.7 53.2% 8.0 2 -8 0 0 1 -4.0 -0.6 0.1 52 14.3 744 6 2 6
2019 26 NYJ WR 11 16 15 96 52 779 15.0 5 35 92 3.3 48.7 54.2% 8.1 1 4 0 0 4 4.0 0.3 0.1 53 14.8 783 5 1  

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Right or we could have moved him at the deadline for a 4th. Which at the time kind of sucked, because I think we were all under the impression we were gonna keep him. Now I'd gladly take that 4th but it is what it is

23 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Right or we could have moved him at the deadline for a 4th. Which at the time kind of sucked, because I think we were all under the impression we were gonna keep him. Now I'd gladly take that 4th but it is what it is

if/when they let him walk and he signs for a big deal they get a 3rd in 2021 (compensatory) 

assuming they don't sign a big FA to replace him 

30 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So give a mid range wide receiver 12 mil by default ? Thats terribly flawed logic

he's a deep threat #2 

teams with no deep threat get shut down short range 

and  the point of the logic is "12 mil" isn't what it used to be 

Trumaine's getting 15 and almost all of it comes off the books when he's cut 

27 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he's a deep threat #2 

Teams with no deep threat get shut down short range ? Are you serious ? Your team is in a division with the greatest short range team in history that had a deep threat for all of 2 years in the last 20 and that was Randy Moss . Teams that can move the chains and play the short range game win football games consistently. Robbie Anderson in a one trick pony and literally sucks in every aspect of the game of football that a WR should be doing. That's not how you win SB's or make it to the playoffs. Ideal situation for Robbie it that he goes to a team with a legit number 1 and number 2 WR and plays as that one trick pony. Same type situation like we had with Keyshawn, Chrebet and Dedrick Ward 

11 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Teams with no deep threat get shut down short range ? Are you serious ? Your team is in a division with the greatest short range team in history that had a deep threat for all of 2 years in the last 20 and that was Randy Moss .  

the Pats offense eats butt 

they are going to lose to Tennessee at home

that's how far they've fallen 

Just now, bitonti said:

the Pats offense eats butt 

they are going to lose to Tennessee at home

that's how far they've fallen 

You are talking about a season, Im talking 20 years. Sure they suck ass and we have seen that before now watch them drop 40 on the freakin Ravens and head to the SB. Don't tell me thats not in the back of everyone's mind's since they've been doing it for the past 5 + years

4 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

WR salaries 2019:  DeAndre Hopkins = $14 mill, Amari Cooper $13.9 mill, Stefon Diggs= $12.5 mill .  Just sayin'...

All are much better than Robbie and their production and value prove it. He can ask for whatever. Doesn’t mean anyone will take him seriously. (Macc no longer here ?).  At tops, he gets a 3-4 year deal at 8M, with incentives and some guaranteed money. That’s seems fair.  What’s he gonna do if he doesn’t get 12-15M per year? Don’t answer that!

54 minutes ago, bitonti said:

he's a deep threat #2 

Good! Give to Schreff.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Teams with no deep threat get shut down short range ? Are you serious ? Your team is in a division with the greatest short range team in history that had a deep threat for all of 2 years in the last 20 and that was Randy Moss . Teams that can move the chains and play the short range game win football games consistently. Robbie Anderson in a one trick pony and literally sucks in every aspect of the game of football that a WR should be doing. That's not how you win SB's or make it to the playoffs. Ideal situation for Robbie it that he goes to a team with a legit number 1 and number 2 WR and plays as that one trick pony. Same type situation like we had with Keyshawn, Chrebet and Dedrick Ward 

giphy.gif.28df5728d56ed619b2964fc412bb3fa0.gif

21 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Nothin from nothin but saw the last two Bucs games with Evans/Goodwin out and this kid Perriman looks like a player.  For equal money I'd sign him over Robby.  

Robby outproduced him 20 TDs/ 11TDs over 4 years.

Worse catch %.

He defo showed an uptick, and looked pretty solid. That's true.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, SR24 said:

Yep and now the wr room gets even weaker. 

Does it though? Did the DL room get weaker, off paper, when LW was traded? Seems the DL started playing better. I think once you have a good QB, who also has time thanks to an oline, you can replace WRs a lot easier than people think unless maybe they are special which RA is not. The resources would be better used in FA on Oline if the opportunity is there for oline in FA. Then signing hungry wrs to fight it out as they need to get the oline totally reworked this year. They can't move forward with a half decent line and continue to get Sam slammed before the pattern develops while he sees ghosts.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

WR salaries 2019:  DeAndre Hopkins = $14 mill, Amari Cooper $13.9 mill, Stefon Diggs= $12.5 mill .  Just sayin'...

i cant even imagine right now have a player on our team close to those guys.

1 each one isnt build like a flag pole - meaning if they get touched they can actually still make a play.

2 these guys all never quit and fight for every ball

3 all can catch reliably and in traffic

4  none of them have off fdield issues

5 none of them got paid and then quit on team - i think that is huge concern to Jets

6 all of them are worth the money an dliterally win games if given the opportuniyt. Diggs is not really even the number 1 on his team but is a WR 1 no doubt

7 every single one of these guys cna get open on thier routes. Rigth now none of our guys can do that on any basis..

Our best hope is to spend money elsewhere, let robbie walk and draft a deboo samuel type of guy..

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I just don’t see the Johnsons paying that type of money to a player who had the personal issues that Robby had, even if he appears to have recovered.  

I also think JD and Gase would rather have WRs like Agholor and even Landry than Robby. 

They also want no non-sense tough guys, and not 150lb WR.  

The fit ain’t great.  It’s 50/50 that the BPA Offense in the draft is a big strong WR.  

Take the gamble passing on Robby.  I would rather re-sign Beachum as a backstop if we don’t otherwise sign or draft a LT. 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

i mean the dude who was "answering questions" basically said so much. And to be honest, i dont care that he can run a go route and catch the ball...he just doesnt sound or act like someone you pay a lot of money to. let someone else have that headache. 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

Robby outproduced him 20 TDs/ 11TDs over 4 years.

Worse catch %.

He defo showed an uptick, and looked pretty solid. That's true.

It looked to me he had a much broader route tree than Robby but some of that could be coaching.  Also not afraid to fight for balls. I hadn't seen him before but I was impressed.. 

48 minutes ago, varjet said:

I just don’t see the Johnsons paying that type of money to a player who had the personal issues that Robby had, even if he appears to have recovered.  

I also think JD and Gase would rather have WRs like Agholor and even Landry than Robby. 

They also want no non-sense tough guys, and not 150lb WR.  

The fit ain’t great.  It’s 50/50 that the BPA Offense in the draft is a big strong WR.  

Take the gamble passing on Robby.  I would rather re-sign Beachum as a backstop if we don’t otherwise sign or draft a LT. 

It's amazing to think that someone would pay Anderson that kind of money. But, yeah, I don't see a real need to keep him, especially when there are better values. Generally, I like the notion of a guy playing himself into a big contract. I don't see Anderson as having done that. He's played well though. And I believe with a better OL who could hold the pocket longer, Anderson would have even better numbers.

Smith was a nice surprise. To me, a more versatile receiver.

That said, who knows how good any of them are. Darnold seems to be very much a 1st or 2nd read guy right now. In fact, the longer he holds the ball, the more likely he is to make a mistake. But, hopefully, he'll outgrow those mistakes.

The amount of ridiculous comments in this thread, makes me ashamed to be a Jet's fan. Anderson, the toot pick wr, manages on a regular basis to beat press coverage. They maul him on a regular basis, but he still manages to get open. Not to mention the fact , he's missed just two games in his short career. Had 52 catches and close to 800 yds receiving on a team whose QB couldn't get the ball out of his hands for six games. Give me a break.

• Haha 1