Let’s hope the Jets 11 pick is better then last years 11

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And he would have been a vastly better pick for this team than Quinnen Williams.

He is still a high level prospect and we would be much better off coming into next year with a high end oline prospect than Quinnen

Are you saying a guy who didn’t play a snap be a good pick? 👀

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

And he would have been a vastly better pick for this team than Quinnen Williams.

He is still a high level prospect and we would be much better off coming into next year with a high end oline prospect than Quinnen

index.jpg.11cd55f37a494788bd50252dde54ddf2.jpg

19 • Jonah Williams - OT
18 • Minka Fitzpatrick - FS

17 • Marshon Lattimore - CB

16 • Vernon Hargreaves - CB

15 • Trea Waynes - CB

14 • Taylor Lewan - OT

13 • DJ Fluker - OT

12 • Dante Poe - NT

11 • JJ Watt - DE

10 • Anthony Davis - OT

Seems to be a good spot for CBs and OTs. Pretty good talent taken as well since 2010

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Saban went on the record saying Jonah Williams was their best prospect last year. He also mentioned on that Belichick special he's always shocked when teams dont call him in advance when they're considering taking an Alabama player. Kind of have to assume the Jets fall into that.

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Saban went on the record saying Williams was their best prospect last year. He also mentioned on that Belichick special he's always shocked when teams dont call him in advance when they're considering taking an Alabama player. Kind of have to assume the Jets fall into that.

Jonah Williams you mean?

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Saban went on the record saying Williams was their best prospect last year. He also mentioned on that Belichick special he's always shocked when teams dont call him in advance when they're considering taking an Alabama player. Kind of have to assume the Jets fall into that.

All college coaches are going to shill for their players to be drafted higher even if they blow. 

It's a recruiting tactic. 

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa 

I think any scout who watched that Iowa bowl game was doing that Vince McMahon gif where he gets progressively excited. I don’t think Wirfs gets out of the top seven.

• Upvote 4
12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.  Now when you say a guy who is not playing did you mean Williams or the invisible Quinnen?

Also if a guy who was injured last year is a dog pick then CJ Mosley who got through about 1/2 of a football game was the worst fa signing right?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

48 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Now that we are set on draft position I was curious on who was taken at 11. Turns out it, maybe like us was O line. It was Jonah Williams out of Alabama.  Didn’t play a game this year due to injury 🙄

That doesn't mean it was a bad pick at the time, and it doesn't mean it will be bad pick in the future. He got injured in camp. It happens.

Drafting a fat defensive lineman at 3 was a bad pick at the time, and will be a bad pick in the future.

• Upvote 4
58 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

19 • Jonah Williams - OT
18 • Minka Fitzpatrick - FS

17 • Marshon Lattimore - CB

16 • Vernon Hargreaves - CB

15 • Trea Waynes - CB

14 • Taylor Lewan - OT

13 • DJ Fluker - OT

12 • Dante Poe - NT

11 • JJ Watt - DE

10 • Anthony Davis - OT

Seems to be a good spot for CBs and OTs. Pretty good talent taken as well since 2010

Maybe we just need to draft another DE?

I've been pretty happy with just about everyone I've seen mocked to the Jets across the web... Granted, I know next to nothing about scouting or spotting a star player, but every time I see a pick and read a scouting report I feel pretty good about who they might end up with. There should be a really strong OT, WR, CB, or DE available at 11. 

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Now that we are set on draft position I was curious on who was taken at 11. Turns out it, maybe like us was O line. It was Jonah Williams out of Alabama.  Didn’t play a game this year due to injury 🙄

now he will protect joe burrow

and block for mixon

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Are you saying a guy who didn’t play a snap be a good pick? 👀

a better pick even, and the Jets already experienced a similar situation in 2012

David DeCastro (#24 pick) was injured in the preseason 8 years ago (should have been a Jet "but you can't draft a G that high" LOL)

At the time, some Jets fans rejoiced since DL Quinton Coples (#16 pick) played in an unproductive rookie season (much like QW) - the start of a very bad trend for Jets drafting DL busts and no OL

Even after missing his full rookie season, DeCastro has been one of the NFL’s best pass-blocking guards over the last 8 years and would still be an upgrade for the Jets in 2020 

Meanwhile, Coples withered away, no second contract, and has been out of football for many years, which one was the better pick? who would you rather have today DeCastro or Coples?

In 5 years will will see if Quinnen Williams or Jonah Williams is better but today it's a coin flip

• Upvote 3
12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

If you gave me the chance to swap him with QW, right now - I would do it in a second.

QW might as well not have played a down this year either.

• Upvote 2

Great time for the Jets to pick OFFENSE. Finally. Anyway you slice this upcoming draft our pick at 11 will have some real quality players. I feel like that Denver win was a godsend going from 12 to 11 based on looking at the top 10 players from a bunch of mock drafts. 

Most believe 3 QBs will be taken, definitely 2 (Burrow & Tua). I've said this before, I'd like JD to TARGET, sitting back has not been a great strategy. If we get a LT & Biadesz is within reach, go get him if possible. 

We'll know so much more after free agency when we see how well JD can recruit. We found out last year not every player goes for top dollar when it's close & we missed out on EVERY single Olineman & traded for a dud. 

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jonah has a chronic career threatening shoulder injury and wasn’t a great OT prospect to begin with

QW will improve

a better pick even, and the Jets already experienced a similar situation in 2012
David DeCastro (#24 pick) was injured in the preseason 8 years ago (should have been a Jet "but you can't draft a G that high" LOL)
At the time, some Jets fans rejoiced since DL Quinton Coples (#16 pick) played in an unproductive rookie season (much like QW) - the start of a very bad trend for Jets drafting DL busts and no OL
Even after missing his full rookie season, DeCastro has been one of the NFL’s best pass-blocking guards over the last 8 years and would still be an upgrade for the Jets in 2020 
Meanwhile, Coples withered away, no second contract, and has been out of football for many years, which one was the better pick? who would you rather have today DeCastro or Coples?
In 5 years will will see if Quinnen Williams or Jonah Williams is better but today it's a coin flip

I don’t think it’s a coin flip at all. Jonah has not played a down and his impact is still just about equal to Quinnen’s. Jonah merely stepping on the field gives him an advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1