Rumor: Rhule to Giants

21 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Rhule is saying things that make me think he might actually stay at Baylor. He also turned down an offer to interview for the Browns job, according to Mortensen. 

Rhule is smart enough to stay away from Baker Mayfield 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Hypothetically, if the browns promote GW does Rhule get the jets job? 

No, I think it was a general mandate that Macc had some ideas and asks of Rhule’s staff... which is fcking bush league. You don’t have directors telling managers how and who to hire. If you’re trying to offer a manager a job, you’re doing so because you trust and believe in that manager. Let them do their thing. That’s how they got where they are. 

i used to give Macc a pass on front office stuff outside of roster management- but not after the Rhule debacle. He’s a loser. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

Did I say I was done with this gauntlet of sadness?

haha 

You may have. or something like that.  I remember something that made me sad. Maybe it was just that we took Q with the 3rd overall pick though 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Rhule just got outcoached in every phase of the Sugar Bowl. 

Bet a few teams raise an eyebrow now. 

This one game will have zero effect on his or any other candidates coaching status.  Georgia had a far superior team and it showed in the fact that so many of their players sat out and they still won handily.

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

Did I say I was done with this gauntlet of sadness?

The Gauntlet of Sadness.  Isn't that on display over at 1 Jets Drive? It's in the lobby display case, right in-between a pair of Snoopy Bowl Trophies.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This one game will have zero effect on his or any other candidates coaching status.  Georgia had a far superior team and it showed in the fact that so many of their players sat out and they still won handily.

Yet he still got outcoached too regardless of talent. 

Multiple bad decisions on 4th downs, 10 or so penalties for almost a hundred yards, there were times he looked completely lost on the sideline.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did everyone see Ruhle literally spit on himself last night?   

You could still see it on his shirt half a quarter later. I thought I was the only that saw it because no one mentioned it in the gameday thread. 

• Upvote 1