On The Road With Greenbean

Maxman

On 12/31/2019 at 12:25 AM, Maxman said:

Our very own @GREENBEAN is doing a YouTube show for us. On the road with Greenbean, he travels around and talks about the latest Jets topics. If you have something you want him to discuss, mention it here.

Please subscribe to us if you can:  https://youtube.com/jetnation

I love these videos @GREENBEAN

These have been the best enhancement to this great forum in a long time.  Thank you.  And thank you too @Maxman

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, Dcat said:

I love these videos @GREENBEAN

These have been the best enhancement to this great forum in a long time.  Thank you.  And thank you too @Maxman

Thanks buddy. I appreciatre that. We will get better too. I'm still tinkering with new equipment and all that. In a few months it will look a little better.... I hope. :)  

I'm just happy to contribute to our beloved JN! 

• Upvote 2

Greenbean is back with the pre draft wish list!

Top 5 Wish List Items, pre-draft version. No spoilers, you have to watch the video to see more but here are the positions in order of importance.

1. Offensive Line
2. Offensive Line
3. Offensive Line
4. Sign Robby Anderson (alright, maybe one spoiler)
5. Cornerback

• Upvote 3

Awesome. I like that plan—I especially like that there aren’t really any big names. I’ve been thinking about Robby Anderson and then I thought back to losing Laveranues Coles, and what that did to that offense. Cotchery after him. Then I think about Braylon Edwards and the mistake we made letting him go and how that all worked out. Are there any home grown guys that we paid at WR that didn’t work out? Why don’t we ever try to keep these guys? I think we should sign Robby. JD needs to get creative with these contracts— it will be a good first judgement of what he can do. 

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Drums said:

Awesome. I like that plan—I especially like that there aren’t really any big names. I’ve been thinking about Robby Anderson and then I thought back to losing Laveranues Coles, and what that did to that offense. Cotchery after him. Then I think about Braylon Edwards and the mistake we made letting him go and how that all worked out. Are there any home grown guys that we paid at WR that didn’t work out? Why don’t we ever try to keep these guys? I think we should sign Robby. JD needs to get creative with these contracts— it will be a good first judgement of what he can do. 

Well said man. We finally have a few guys that are worth retaining and there is a chorus to let them walk. For what?  A fairy tale comp 3rd?  

Robbie, Jenkins, Adams and Maye all need to be retained. let's get some friggin continuity around here dammit!   hahaha 

• Upvote 2

Greenbean is back on the road again, this week recording from West Virginia. The talk is usually about how the Jets front office will ruin the offseason. This year there is good news. Finally some good news and Greenbean gives a few reasons why we should have a little more faith. That faith is because of Joe Douglas! In Joe Douglas we trust.

• Upvote 1

Welcome to another episode of On The Road With Greenbean. This week our host is in Florida and this is the first stranger on the street edition.

Greenbean talks to Jets super fan Katie about what it is like being a Jets fan in Miami Dolphin Country. Katie gives her take on the Jets and she thinks things are looking up as long as Joe Douglas can improve the offensive line. The butt fumble days are behind us, Le'Veon Bell gives us something rally around and Jamal Adams ... don't trade him.

As far as the most popular topic goes, Adam Gase, Katie gives her thoughts. Thanks Katie and Go Jets!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Welcome to another episode of On The Road With Greenbean. This week our host is in Florida and this is the first stranger on the street edition.

Greenbean talks to Jets super fan Katie about what it is like being a Jets fan in Miami Dolphin Country. Katie gives her take on the Jets and she thinks things are looking up as long as Joe Douglas can improve the offensive line. The butt fumble days are behind us, Le'Veon Bell gives us something rally around and Jamal Adams ... don't trade him.

As far as the most popular topic goes, Adam Gase, Katie gives her thoughts. Thanks Katie and Go Jets!

Just here for the comments...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
stick with Greenbean [mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention] . The beard can always be shaven but the Green in a Jets fan can not.   (Plus beardbean is kind of stupid.  Think about it.)
Nice mock.  Love the love for the OL.  So you had them drafting those 2 WRs and keeping Anderson?  Interesting.    

Haha. Beardbean. Wtf???

The thing I would do if I was the GM is I’d commit to fixing what I could in a year that has so much of what we need.
I like Anderson and think he is still ascending. If playing on a team where the QB has actual time, Anderson is going to blow the top off of the D or require that the safety doubles him. That is going to be pretty valuable to whoever really ends up with him. Cuz we won’t

But having Anderson with Pittman and Crowder with Peoples-Jones, V. Smith and berrios grooming behind them, we’d actually have some legit starters with different skill sets. Then a young stable of guys developing that can add impact situationally.

My thinking is no matter what we do we have to sign someone in FA at WR. Whether that’s Anderson it not remains to be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with you Greenbean! I love the idea of Mosley, and Williamson holding down the middle of defense. They are both tackling machines, and we saw in 3 quarters, of 1 game at how menacing, and dominant CJ Mosley was, and is! Just think with Avery by his side. Very exciting honestly if you ask me. The only concern I have is how Avery will bounce back after the ACL. Sometimes it seems like players aren't back 100% till 2nd season back from injury. Especially guys like this who have to cover in space. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/14/2020 at 10:50 PM, Jetfan4life78 said:

I agree with you Greenbean! I love the idea of Mosley, and Williamson holding down the middle of defense. They are both tackling machines, and we saw in 3 quarters, of 1 game at how menacing, and dominant CJ Mosley was, and is! Just think with Avery by his side. Very exciting honestly if you ask me. The only concern I have is how Avery will bounce back after the ACL. Sometimes it seems like players aren't back 100% till 2nd season back from injury. Especially guys like this who have to cover in space. 

Right. I share that concern for Mosely too. The good news it's been a long time since the injury.  We did a really good job bringing Marcus Maye back from his injuries last season and that creates hope for both of these guys coming back 100% for 2020.  I think the Avery situation is one of the more interesting this offseason. 

On 3/16/2020 at 8:44 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Right. I share that concern for Mosely too. The good news it's been a long time since the injury.  We did a really good job bringing Marcus Maye back from his injuries last season and that creates hope for both of these guys coming back 100% for 2020.  I think the Avery situation is one of the more interesting this offseason. 

Your absolutely right about Marcus. When he came back, it looked like he never missed a beat. Luckily, Mosely is realitivly young, so hopefully he doesn't miss a beat. Avery i believe is a bit older, but none the less, a stud when healthy and playing full speed. Regardless, I agree with you ?% on our inside backer situation with those two. I think that's a supurb combo in the middle.

On another note GREENBEAN, what do you think of the chatter of possibly being in the hunt for Clowney at outside backer! Obviously we need to do something besides draft considering they let Jenkins walk. Jenkins was never a jump off the tape kinda guy, but I thought he played better than I thought we would ever see him play, honestly. I'm kinda surprised we didn't try to bring him back on a team friendly deal, even just as a role player, or depth. Anyway, back to Clowney. I think if he was with the Jets, his pass rushing numbers would increase, due to being the Top Dawg so to speak as far as outside backers go. Also, Clowney is one of the best, if not the best run stopping outside backer in football! That's a scary thought! A Jets defense that's already stout against the run, adding a piece that could put us in play to be best run defense in league, and also bolster our pass rush. I think it could be a great fit. Just need to make sure his injury history, and laziness don't follow.

What are your thoughts GREENBEAN? I love reading your stuff, and your thoughts, and opinions are usually very well thought out, and to me, spot on. Thanks GREENBEAN!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 10:14 PM, Jetfan4life78 said:

On another note GREENBEAN, what do you think of the chatter of possibly being in the hunt for Clowney at outside backer!

Hey man, Sorry I didn't get to this sooner.  I missed it. 

I actually don't Love Clowny for the commitment he would require. On the cheap side he will cost a CJ Mosely style $17 mil per.  His production does not warrant that imo. I like him as a player overall, but a few other reasons I wouldn't want to commit to him are his injury history, reputation as somewhat of a dick and and he has had JJ Watt playing along side of him for most of his games.  He should be Dominating and isn't.  

If it was some sort of $10 mil per type of a deal I would want to see the Jets go for him, but it's not that.  I am really looking forward to JD building this team with young players who have that blue collar work hard type of attitude to them. 

An example would be I hope that this is the year we tilt heavily toward offense in the draft. We've already done that in FA. 5 of 6 outside FA's signed are on the offensive side of the ball.  I expect that to continue. So we take an offensive position this offseason and next season focus a little heavier on Edge rusher and CB. I'd like to see 3 of our first 4 picks on offense if not all 4 and next year Id like to see our first go to the best edge rusher or CB on the board.  That's how you can get premium talent at premium positions. Not paying top $ for the likes of Clowney. 

You know, I couldnt agree more. I'm definitely concerned with his injury history, and lack of production. Like you said, if he couldn't do it with J.J., and others on that D line, than how the hell is he going to help us. In the passing game anyway. We can stop the run already, we need to get to QB, and put him on the ground.

As far as draft, again, I agree 100%. Surprise! Lol. I actually wouldn't mind going Tackle in rd.1, and double dipping in O line with a center in Rd. 2 if available. Then I'm thinking 2 receivers. Or receiver, then RB? Then like you said, 2021 draft go edge rd.1, then load up on CB's. 

I love how J.D. is handling free agency. Blue collar, value guys. Great contracts that pretty much he's able to get out of after year 1. Finally a guy who talks about building through draft, and sticking to it! 

Well, I hope you stay safe with all this corona sh*t GREENBEAN, im in South Florida and been out of work for 3 weeks, almost month. It sucks. At least we have our health though. Stay safe brother, I know sh*t is a battle zone back up north. One of my cousins on LI actually tested positive. Luckily, he's doing ok. Thanks as always for the feedback bro! Appreciate it!

Eddie

• Upvote 2