On The Road With Greenbean

Maxman

17 hours ago, Jetfan4life78 said:

You know, I couldnt agree more. I'm definitely concerned with his injury history, and lack of production. Like you said, if he couldn't do it with J.J., and others on that D line, than how the hell is he going to help us. In the passing game anyway. We can stop the run already, we need to get to QB, and put him on the ground.

As far as draft, again, I agree 100%. Surprise! Lol. I actually wouldn't mind going Tackle in rd.1, and double dipping in O line with a center in Rd. 2 if available. Then I'm thinking 2 receivers. Or receiver, then RB? Then like you said, 2021 draft go edge rd.1, then load up on CB's. 

I love how J.D. is handling free agency. Blue collar, value guys. Great contracts that pretty much he's able to get out of after year 1. Finally a guy who talks about building through draft, and sticking to it! 

Well, I hope you stay safe with all this corona sh*t GREENBEAN, im in South Florida and been out of work for 3 weeks, almost month. It sucks. At least we have our health though. Stay safe brother, I know sh*t is a battle zone back up north. One of my cousins on LI actually tested positive. Luckily, he's doing ok. Thanks as always for the feedback bro! Appreciate it!

Eddie

Thanks for the kind words. I actually lived in S Florida for 13 years. Moved up to VA 2 1/2 yrs ago. Hollywood and Ft Lauderdale specifically.  I had to get out of there. lol  I still have plenty of good friends there though. 

Yeah man,  Its very possible that the guys JD is signing don't work out on the field, but I do like the mindset behind it.  Jack Conklin was the guy I really wanted in FA and thought it would be ok for him to be the one splashier signing. That didn't happen obviously and I didn't like it one bit.  

That said, I like the way JD came out of that first day with signing Lewis, Fant McGovern, Poole etc. I see a pattern and a the building of a unit which I'm on board for. 

JD just might be the real deal. More time is needed but it's nice to see someone who actually knows the game in charge. It's crazy how long it's been since we've had that. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't agree with your post.  We will need to pay Sam Darnold in the future, and if we can get a deal done with Jamal this offseason, I would like to see that get done.  I would give him a 4 year deal with a Jets 5th year option.  Why go into next year and have a disgruntled player, who happens to be your best player and #1 leader on the team, unhappy and causing disfunction?  If you can pay him now, let's get it done. And the thought of 2 years from now having to franchise tag him, so he can play in year 3 and then go to Dallas, I would not want to see that happen.  Pay the man, and let's try to get more like him on the team for the future.

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Thanks for the kind words. I actually lived in S Florida for 13 years. Moved up to VA 2 1/2 yrs ago. Hollywood and Ft Lauderdale specifically.  I had to get out of there. lol  I still have plenty of good friends there though. 

Yeah man,  Its very possible that the guys JD is signing don't work out on the field, but I do like the mindset behind it.  Jack Conklin was the guy I really wanted in FA and thought it would be ok for him to be the one splashier signing. That didn't happen obviously and I didn't like it one bit.  

That said, I like the way JD came out of that first day with signing Lewis, Fant McGovern, Poole etc. I see a pattern and a the building of a unit which I'm on board for. 

JD just might be the real deal. More time is needed but it's nice to see someone who actually knows the game in charge. It's crazy how long it's been since we've had that. 

That's crazy BEAN! I lived in Lauderdale for years also. Nob hill & sunset strip. I know what you mean, it's ******* crazy down there now. I'm up in royal palm beach now. I live it here. Funny your in VA. Now. I left Florida in 2005 for about 4 years and went to the panhandle of WV. I was about 2.5hrs from Chantilly Va.

I thought Conklin would have been a good signing, bit the guy I really wanted was Thuney! Figures the Evil empire wouldn't just let him hit free agency. They'd rather tag him, and trade him to make sure we can't possibly have a shot. Conklin would have been my go to after the tagging for sure, although I'm not overly impressed with his pass blocking. Love his run blocking though. He's a Mauler! 

That being said, since we made zero splash, I'm happy with the contracts, and commitments made, and also the type of players he's bringing in. All blue collar, lunchbox totting, hard working guys brought in. I especially liked the Conner McGovern move at center (not to be confused with UFC star Conner McGregor).. like how I threw that in there BEAN? Lmao. Anyway, I think Conner brings leadership, and some consistency, that we've been lacking since Mangold left. I like the upside on Fant. His athletic ability being the main reason. He might not traditionaly be what you want in a left tackle, but Adam Gase calling plays means using that athletic ability. To me this was the best possible fit for Fant at left tackle in football. I like the work ethic on the kid we signed from the Panthers too! I think overall, were going to have a much improved line. I honestly do. Pool, and Lewis signings were big to me also. Especially Pool. He was great last year, and I can't believe the number we were able to bring him back on. That was a real shocker to me. Lewis was a nice depth move imo.

I have to say, I'm a believer so far in JD. I know we have long way to go, but past GM's ****ed up by now the last 10 years or so. I love how Joe has a price point he's willing to spend on guys, and he will not budge from it for anyone almost it seems.... And I'm OK with that. If guys don't work out this year, he can easily move on, and we will also have a sh*t ton of cap space next year, which is huge because we gotta lock up Jamal, and we could also get Sam extended depending on this year. If Joe D can hit at a fairly  high percentage In draft, I think we finally found our golden ticket to being a contending team year in and year out. I have to say though, I like the way it's shaking out so far

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Jetfan4life78 said:

That's crazy BEAN! I lived in Lauderdale for years also. Nob hill & sunset strip. I know what you mean, it's ******* crazy down there now. I'm up in royal palm beach now. I live it here. Funny your in VA. Now. I left Florida in 2005 for about 4 years and went to the panhandle of WV. I was about 2.5hrs from Chantilly Va.

I thought Conklin would have been a good signing, bit the guy I really wanted was Thuney! Figures the Evil empire wouldn't just let him hit free agency. They'd rather tag him, and trade him to make sure we can't possibly have a shot. Conklin would have been my go to after the tagging for sure, although I'm not overly impressed with his pass blocking. Love his run blocking though. He's a Mauler! 

That being said, since we made zero splash, I'm happy with the contracts, and commitments made, and also the type of players he's bringing in. All blue collar, lunchbox totting, hard working guys brought in. I especially liked the Conner McGovern move at center (not to be confused with UFC star Conner McGregor).. like how I threw that in there BEAN? Lmao. Anyway, I think Conner brings leadership, and some consistency, that we've been lacking since Mangold left. I like the upside on Fant. His athletic ability being the main reason. He might not traditionaly be what you want in a left tackle, but Adam Gase calling plays means using that athletic ability. To me this was the best possible fit for Fant at left tackle in football. I like the work ethic on the kid we signed from the Panthers too! I think overall, were going to have a much improved line. I honestly do. Pool, and Lewis signings were big to me also. Especially Pool. He was great last year, and I can't believe the number we were able to bring him back on. That was a real shocker to me. Lewis was a nice depth move imo.

I have to say, I'm a believer so far in JD. I know we have long way to go, but past GM's ****ed up by now the last 10 years or so. I love how Joe has a price point he's willing to spend on guys, and he will not budge from it for anyone almost it seems.... And I'm OK with that. If guys don't work out this year, he can easily move on, and we will also have a sh*t ton of cap space next year, which is huge because we gotta lock up Jamal, and we could also get Sam extended depending on this year. If Joe D can hit at a fairly  high percentage In draft, I think we finally found our golden ticket to being a contending team year in and year out. I have to say though, I like the way it's shaking out so far

CONNOR MCGREGGOR!   I was a prisoner to that one for a while there lol 

I love McGovern. he was one of the guys I wanted from early on. In truth I also like the idea of bringing in a young Center and letting the real competition happen for every OL position. If Mcgreggor is a better fit at G while the kid is a better fit at C, we can do that. Even Harrison is versatile enough to play both G spots in addition to C. This is the most versatile line we've had in forever and it's just starting to be built. The best at the position wins. No more of this BS where the least sucky guy who can play a single position wins. Think about it. McGovern and Harrison can both play C and both G spots. Van Roten and Lewis can play both G spots. Fant can play both T spots, and as a legitTE in a max protection kind of thing. Edoga can technically play both T spots but should never be on the left side again. But he can also play C.  This line is friggin versatile! 

So the thing about the contract structure is a positive, but I'm obviously hoping they actually work out and we don't have to get rid of these guys after one season. Fant included.  I'd rather have a crew together for a few years. 

One of the cool little X factors for these signings is that McGovern and Van Roten actually WANTED to play here. While that's not some sort of end all, it is a positive and a rarity quite frankly. Getting guys that want to play for the NY Jets specifically is something that will add to the culture and positive atmosphere if not desire to win.  Hopefully this is the beginning of a whole lot more of that. 

yeah man, I HAD to get out of Florida. It was killing me. hahaha Glad you took a stroll up north. :) 

31 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

CONNOR MCGREGGOR!   I was a prisoner to that one for a while there lol 

I love McGovern. he was one of the guys I wanted from early on. In truth I also like the idea of bringing in a young Center and letting the real competition happen for every OL position. If Mcgreggor is a better fit at G while the kid is a better fit at C, we can do that. Even Harrison is versatile enough to play both G spots in addition to C. This is the most versatile line we've had in forever and it's just starting to be built. The best at the position wins. No more of this BS where the least sucky guy who can play a single position wins. Think about it. McGovern and Harrison can both play C and both G spots. Van Roten and Lewis can play both G spots. Fant can play both T spots, and as a legitTE in a max protection kind of thing. Edoga can technically play both T spots but should never be on the left side again. But he can also play C.  This line is friggin versatile! 

So the thing about the contract structure is a positive, but I'm obviously hoping they actually work out and we don't have to get rid of these guys after one season. Fant included.  I'd rather have a crew together for a few years. 

One of the cool little X factors for these signings is that McGovern and Van Roten actually WANTED to play here. While that's not some sort of end all, it is a positive and a rarity quite frankly. Getting guys that want to play for the NY Jets specifically is something that will add to the culture and positive atmosphere if not desire to win.  Hopefully this is the beginning of a whole lot more of that. 

yeah man, I HAD to get out of Florida. It was killing me. hahaha Glad you took a stroll up north. :) 

Conner McGregor LMFAO, that was truley awesome BEAN. Hey, in truth bro, you took it like a champ, and came back with redemption! 

About the I line, you make a truly fantastic point, an important point, and this is huge for our team. I totally wiffed on mentioning this, but hey, this is why I bounce my ideas, and thoughts off of you. Lol. This fact can't be understated given the outcome of record number of injured reserve players. If we had the options last year that we would have this year if injury's occur, would have been priceless (and I'm sure Sam would have appreciated it). 

I think my favorite signing of our free agency is Conner McGovern. When I think of a blue collar, go to work every day, grind, type of guy, I honestly think of McGovern. Van Roten also is someone who I see as my type of guy. Grinder, puts the time in, nothing ever handed to him. I really like these two signings. Now, let's get to the fact you made about them both wanting to be here.... In my honest opinion, this is something that we overlook, and take for granted way to often. Every year you have guys come in who don't necessarily want to be here, but couldnt turn down our typical, overpriced, absurd, off the wall contracts that we throw them to be here. When those guys don't fully buy in, and trust In the team, and building process, we will never win. Ever. It can't be understated how huge it is that both guys wanted to be in NY, and how important it is to have 2 more guys on Sam's O line who are fully committed, and driven to being here. 

Getting away from the O line BEAN, I'm curious of what you think about the team friendly deal we were able to get Pool back on? I gotta be honest, I didn't see this coming ever! I was shocked to see us getting him back on the terms we did. Outstanding by JD. In Pools eyes, I guess he figures another year to prove it wasn't fluke year, then next off-season should net him a fat contract. Especially if he puts up numbers like last year. 

As always BEAN, it's a pleasure to talk, and bounce ideas, and thoughts off you. I think you have a great outlook on our team, great understanding of value, and understanding of the nuiances of the game. I definitely come to believe that we probably see eye, to eye on alot if stuff here. It's awesome to have In depth conversation with good, knowledgeable people. If your ever down this way during Jets/dolphin game, hit me up and catch a game with us. It would be awesome to meet the man behind the profile pic. ?

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2020 at 7:21 PM, GREENBEAN said:

GreenBean your videos and post rock!  A nice distraction during these crazy times.  I’m curious to know your thoughts on Marcus golden. I don’t know much about him but he did have 10 sacks last season. Do you think he could be a cheaper choice than Clowney.  Someone commented on how golden and Jordan and Jenkins are very similar players. But I don’t see how that’s a problem if they’re playing on opposite sides at the same time. Curious to know your thoughts. Also I live in Manhattan now but I’m from Virginia. Where in VA are you?  
Southern Virginia and Northern Virginia are two completely different places. I always thought they should make West Virginia a national park because it is one beautiful state, and split Virginia in half!

12 hours ago, Lil O said:

GreenBean your videos and post rock!  A nice distraction during these crazy times.  I’m curious to know your thoughts on Marcus golden. I don’t know much about him but he did have 10 sacks last season. Do you think he could be a cheaper choice than Clowney.  Someone commented on how golden and Jordan and Jenkins are very similar players. But I don’t see how that’s a problem if they’re playing on opposite sides at the same time. Curious to know your thoughts. Also I live in Manhattan now but I’m from Virginia. Where in VA are you?  
Southern Virginia and Northern Virginia are two completely different places. I always thought they should make West Virginia a national park because it is one beautiful state, and split Virginia in half!

So dude, I have written a reply to you 3x and it keeps deleting. I can't take it.  I wrote a Bunch of great stuff but I Don't have it in me man.  lol 

What I will say is that I like Golden for my limited knowledge on him. I think it would be a good signing if it's on a budget. I have a good idea that he is still out there because he just might be over valuing himself. I would think he's a $5-7 mil type of guy but what do I know?   10 sacks?  He's probably looking or $10-12 mil or something. 

I live in Charlottesville VA. SO not north.  Not south. CENTRAL BABY!  :)   I think it's the best part of VA for what I'm into. 

So what got ya to leave this place for NYC?   I would understand if you were in NOVA pf course.  

6 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

So dude, I have written a reply to you 3x and it keeps deleting. I can't take it.  I wrote a Bunch of great stuff but I Don't have it in me man.  lol 

What I will say is that I like Golden for my limited knowledge on him. I think it would be a good signing if it's on a budget. I have a good idea that he is still out there because he just might be over valuing himself. I would think he's a $5-7 mil type of guy but what do I know?   10 sacks?  He's probably looking or $10-12 mil or something. 

I live in Charlottesville VA. SO not north.  Not south. CENTRAL BABY!  :)   I think it's the best part of VA for what I'm into. 

So what got ya to leave this place for NYC?   I would understand if you were in NOVA pf course.  

Grew up in Northern Virginia, Alexandria. Went to college at UVA and lived in Charlottesville for about six years and loved it. I was there back in the day of Dave Matthews band and I was an undergrad with Tina Fey.I am a professional actor, started my theatrical acting career in Washington DC and then moved to New York City. I think about retiring in Charlottesville. Excellent food music everything! Enjoy brother!

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Lil O said:

Grew up in Northern Virginia, Alexandria. Went to college at UVA and lived in Charlottesville for about six years and loved it. I was there back in the day of Dave Matthews band and I was an undergrad with Tina Fey.I am a professional actor, started my theatrical acting career in Washington DC and then moved to New York City. I think about retiring in Charlottesville. Excellent food music everything! Enjoy brother!

Now that's the perfect VA story. Grow up in Nova. Cool down in Charlottesville and get your legs underneath ya. Take the next step in the career in NYC and settle back down in the land of awesomeness. shhhhhh don't tell anyone.  :) 

Thats good stuff dude. Truly! 

I'm moving out of here in a few weeks though. Hitting the open road hence "on the road with idiot boy"  or something like that. I will be steering clear of NYC even though that's a major part of my past. I was a NY comedian for many years and NYC was my stomping ground.  Then I went to LA, got into a bunch of Heroin and Poof... I'm in Virginia.   

My recommendation is to leave the heroin out of the mix if ya can. haha 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Now that's the perfect VA story. Grow up in Nova. Cool down in Charlottesville and get your legs underneath ya. Take the next step in the career in NYC and settle back down in the land of awesomeness. shhhhhh don't tell anyone.  :) 

Thats good stuff dude. Truly! 

I'm moving out of here in a few weeks though. Hitting the open road hence "on the road with idiot boy"  or something like that. I will be steering clear of NYC even though that's a major part of my past. I was a NY comedian for many years and NYC was my stomping ground.  Then I went to LA, got into a bunch of Heroin and Poof... I'm in Virginia.   

My recommendation is to leave the heroin out of the mix if ya can. haha 

Great advice.  My vice comes in the plant form and is typically green.  If you haven’t done it yet you have to go tubing down the James River. It might be open this summer even with social distancing. But it’s an awesome thing to do. Get a few friends together some of your favorite beverages and boom sitting in the tubes and floating down the James River.  I absolutely loved living in C ‘Ville.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Lil O said:

Great advice.  My vice comes in the plant form and is typically green.  If you haven’t done it yet you have to go tubing down the James River. It might be open this summer even with social distancing. But it’s an awesome thing to do. Get a few friends together some of your favorite beverages and boom sitting in the tubes and floating down the James River.  I absolutely loved living in C ‘Ville.

I've actually been meaning to do that but it looks like it won't happen before I leave. Oh well. I'll just have to raft the Colorado instead! haha

Good stuff man. C'Ville is the t*ts! 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Nice mock @GREENBEAN

Not sure on Kindley fitting ZBS but sure, he's a fireplug out there.  Tony the Wiz write upon him calls him slow.   I've seen Jackson going 6, 7 or undrafted in many mocks out there.  He's not a steal in 6.   Yes to Alex Taylor!

Lamr Jackson will go no later than the 4th. you watch. :)  

Yeah I had a chat about Kindley with @Tony The Wiz .   We disagree a little bit about him, but I also don't love the pick. This draft does a good job of highlighting those fears you and I have spoken about.  When I take OT at 11 I have a nice choiuce of WR in the 2nd. When I go WR in the first it gets rough with the OL our there. 

I could have gone C/G and gotten a good prospect but I wanted to land the last upper tier tackle so I grabbed Prince. That left me without Hennesse, Ruiz, Harris, Biadisch and the others so I grabbed Kindley. I might have gone BRedeseon there if I had to do it over, but it's much harder to get our priorities taken care of when we begin with WR.  Try it. Let me know what happens for you.  

On 4/13/2020 at 11:02 AM, GREENBEAN said:

but it's much harder to get our priorities taken care of when we begin with WR.  Try it. Let me know what happens for you.  

I admit that this is true.  But not if you package the next two picks to move up if you can to 1st round OT category perhaps enough to get Jones, a falling Becton (highly possible), Austin Jackson or Cleveland   It works.  And you have a pair of day 1 starters.  Give me that any.  One less pick unless you trade back at some point, but then you are no longer dealing with premium players.  I'd rather have the top tier WR, and you know how I think he and Sam would be a perfect match, and see what magic you can work with your picks.  How often do we get that kind of opportunity?  Never man, never.  We have it now and it seems like nobody sees it.  Y'all pick hungry for mediocrity. Has not done us wel thru the years. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

I admit that this is true.  But not if you package the next two picks to move up if you can to 1st round OT category perhaps enough to get Jones, a falling Becton (highly possible), Austin Jackson or Cleveland   It works.  And you have a pair of day 1 starters.  Give me that any.  One less pick unless you trade back at some point, but then you are no longer dealing with premium players.  I'd rather have the top tier WR, and you know how I think he and Sam would be a perfect match, and see what magic you can work with your picks.  How often do we get that kind of opportunity?  Never man, never.  We have it now and it seems like nobody sees it.  Y'all pick hungry for mediocrity. Has not done us wel thru the years. 

Well I'm to sure what that last line means, but the rest I can get with. I understand. And the truth is that if we take Cee Dee Lamb I am not going to be bent out of shape. I would just prefer Thomas/Becton/Wills or Wirfs. But Lamb or Jeudy (Don't want Ruggs at all) would be the best 1st rd pick we've had in years outside of Darnold. 

See, here's what I would like to see happen. Trade back to 21 with the Eagles. Gain pick 53. Use 48 and Avery Williamson (That puts AW's value as a 3rd rd pick) to get back up to 28 with the Ravens. 

At 21- Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland. Becton if he slides that far. 

28- Denzel Mims/Laviska Shenault or Tee Higgins if he's there. 

53- Lloyd Cushenbery C/ or Matt Hennessy  C

And we still have both 3rds. :)  which could very well be be Pittman Jr and Terell Lewis Edge/Bryce Hall CB

So I would think Jones, Mims, Cushenberry is a better scenario than Lamb/Jones.  

Btu I get it man. And this is the fun of it all. I just did a mock where I took Lamb in the first in honor of you.  It ended up pretty good but I took two T's in the 3rd. Matt Peart and Lucas Niang. That was to try and ensure we get at least one that sticks lol 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Best part of your reports, even when I dont agree I get the reasoning and look forward to the next one.  That makes for great reporting IMO. 

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man.  I appreciate that.  I'm learning. lol 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks for summing up the Gore signing perfectly.  Its a meh signing, he'll help give some relief but wasn't sign to be a starter and with Bell and a rookie on the unit, won't get a lot of carries

I also agree that its Montgomery who is being replaced just not so sure there's a spot for Powell, I dont think he has anything left and I'd hate to see Adams go for Powell.

Again, keep up the good work

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Thanks for summing up the Gore signing perfectly.  Its a meh signing, he'll help give some relief but wasn't sign to be a starter and with Bell and a rookie on the unit, won't get a lot of carries

I also agree that its Montgomery who is being replaced just not so sure there's a spot for Powell, I dont think he has anything left and I'd hate to see Adams go for Powell.

Again, keep up the good work

I like that part as well. I would have been like here is what I feel and then 436 words followed. Beans was like, "meh". Heard that and thought, that sums it up perfectly.

Would have been funny if that was the whole video.

3 seconds long.

2 second graphic: Jets Sign Frank Gore

Cut to Beans for 1 second: Meh.

LOL!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I like that part as well. I would have been like here is what I feel and then 436 words followed. Beans was like, "meh". Heard that and thought, that sums it up perfectly.

Would have been funny if that was the whole video.

3 seconds long.

2 second graphic: Jets Sign Frank Gore

Cut to Beans for 1 second: Meh.

LOL!!!

I like it:

"Snippets With Beans"

• Haha 1