Adam Gase Excuse Army flip flopping on Bell?

Philc1

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He needed to adjust his style earlier in the season.  Hit the hole hard and fast.  He started doing this a few weeks ago to some positive results.

He’s not done yet and deserves another season with an improved line. 

Bell has one more season in him and for us actually be decent next year he needs to have a big year

But Gase is smarter than everyone 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Bell is a stud ... Give him a competent OL and use him correctly in the passing game and he is gold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This still makes more sense than he suddenly became slow. Without a couple starting lineman Barkley became totally pedestrian against us when we played them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

This still makes more sense than he suddenly became slow. Without a couple starting lineman Barkley became totally pedestrian against us when we played them. 

Besides the OL and Gase stinking Bell was definitely playing hurt part of the season

4 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

I don't know how this is throwing someone under the bus.

On what Bell meant to the team and how he interacted with teammates...

He’s just one of the guys, man, just fit in, did what was asked, tried to do the right thing, tried to help us get first downs, score points, win games. That’s it. When we were transitioning with some of the linemen and stuff, he knew that we had to work on efficiency and we were going to lack some explosive plays and he did a good job just saying, “Alright, I know what you want, I know you want me to get four yards and just keep us ahead of schedule,” and that’s what he did.

On how he can use Bell next year...

I think that was a conversation we had a couple weeks ago, we talked about looking at some of the stuff they did in Pittsburgh and talking through some of the things he’s comfortable with in the run game, especially early in the off season of trying to focus on those types of runs, and pass game, and we both are like, we’ll be able to take a break and then when we come back we can really hone in on some of those things that maybe we missed or we did too much of that he wasn’t really comfortable with. You know, it’s one of those things that allows us to evaluate kind of what we did as an offense, and then I can go back to him and we can talk through that stuff when we get back in the Spring.

Yeah ok Gase in that press conference after the last game seemed sooooo enthused over Bell

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This argument makes incorrect assumptions and false accusations. There is little evidence to support your claim and your phrasing fails to show an understanding of other factors that may have led to your conclusion. Rework your thesis using evidence for full credit.

I’m just saying I’m hearing now that we need to trade Bell for chump change

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Gase didn't throw him under the bus, he didn't want to respond to that ass hole Manish.  Later when a reputable writer asked about Bell, he said they met and were going to study tapes from his days in Pittsburgh. 

his response to that question was totally out of line

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Gase has no choice Bell is here to stay. 

JD needs to draft a young rookie stud RB like Etienne so we have a 1-2 punch like other successful NFL teams. 

And that’s the problem Gase despises Bell yet we can’t even trade him it’s gonna get ugly before the season even starts

• WTF? 2

20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Did you hear what he actually said

Yeah, he said hes under contract. Hes not in charge of personnel, later in the press conference he said personnel meetings will be held Thursday and Friday. Then he said he will see him and talk through things in the spring.

Nothing in those words have him throwing bell under the bus, or any hint of him despising bell.

• Upvote 4

I just don’t see the point in getting rid of Bell, unless he's secretly been a massive dick behind the scenes. 

You probably aren’t getting more than a 4th round pick if you trade him, would have to eat a good portion of his salary, and would just be creating another hole on the team.

Even if he has lost a step, he’s still a terrific receiver out of the backfield and very good in pass protection.

Might as well keep him for another year and see what he looks like behind an improved OL.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Did you hear what he actually said

Yes, and I read it as well. Do you know what level of douchiness you have to achieve for a fellow reporter to publicly speculate that you were the issue? And on top of it he got outed as the likely source of the Gase burner account. Seriously, nothing to see here other than Manish doing Manish things. 

• Upvote 3

bell has been an elite RB in this league-Gase runs the worst offense in the league-In addition to Gase running a bad offense in Miami he got terrible production out of some running backs that have done very well once out of the Gase system

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Bell has one more season in him and for us actually be decent next year he needs to have a big year

But Gase is smarter than everyone 

You know what would be smart?

To continue to run Bell into a line that cant open a hole for him, to keep putting your QB in 2nd and 3rd and long situations.  Thats what you wanted to see, wanted Darnold to see.  

Its one thing to bitch and moan and start one Gase sucks thread after another, its another to actually know what you're bitching about

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’m hearing a lot of flip flopping on Leveon Bell coming from the same people who pounded the table and were screaming for him 6 months ago

what happened besides Gase publicly throwing him under the bus

You know what is really crazy is there is all the tape in the world. Week 2 or whatever it was, where bell was the only guy on the field that was playing hard and looked like NFL starting quality player. He has every week done everything right and done what is asked of him. We are to believe bell has lost a step, Darnold is just not getting the the system or making mistakes.

Gase is the ******* problem. He is a terrible coach. I swear I never thought it could be worse than bowles , the ny jets were like hold my beer

• Upvote 2