Adam Gase Excuse Army flip flopping on Bell?

Philc1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

bell has been an elite RB in this league-Gase runs the worst offense in the league-In addition to Gase running a bad offense in Miami he got terrible production out of some running backs that have done very well once out of the Gase system

Bell was an elite RB in this league.

Listen, Gase stinks - no question...but that doesn’t mean that Bell isn’t done either.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You know what would be smart?

To continue to run Bell into a line that cant open a hole for him, to keep putting your QB in 2nd and 3rd and long situations.  Thats what you wanted to see, wanted Darnold to see.  

Its one thing to bitch and moan and start one Gase sucks thread after another, its another to actually know what you're bitching about

What are your taking about. How about give bell the ball with some screens or short passes. How about call some decent scheme runs. You don't know what your talking about at all. God damn Gase lovers.

Let's not forget your are defending the undefendable. Gase play calling, coaching ability. The guy is terrible. You an c Johnson should probably stop trying to talk about "football"

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah ok Gase in that press conference after the last game seemed sooooo enthused over Bell

Exactly right. Gase has 0 common sense in play calling or now in even just leading men. Bell is on the team and now publicly he took a sh*t on bell. It was one thing before the season, but now after the season when you have him under contract and on top of that, after you misuse your best weapon all year. Bell played his role and backed up the team all year. ADAMS TRASHED THE TEAM, and Gase is over there sucking him off.

sh*t show.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Bell was an elite RB in this league.

Listen, Gase stinks - no question...but that doesn’t mean that Bell isn’t done either.

if I had to hitch my wagon to bell or gase I am in the bell camp-I am pretty confident if bell went to just about any other team he would return to his pitt form.

we know bell has achieved greatness-gase coached some of the worst offenses in football-

• Upvote 1

bell has a great resume here is the gase resume and how his offense scores points

The data is overwhelming. Gase, who is 29-35 in four seasons as a head coach, has lost 26 games by double digits, 22 by at least two touchdowns, and 12 by at least 20 points.

On average, he loses once every four games by at least 18 points, which is a mind-blowing reality for a coach with a history of either winning white-knucklers or getting blown out.

Gase has lost one in three games by at least two touchdowns in his head coaching career. One out of every 2.5 games results in a double-digit defeat.

• Upvote 1

I feel like Bell has lost a step.  He looked faster to me the first couple weeks of the season, and appeared to get slower and slower as the season went on.  Alot of people hide behind the "patient runner" label, but the burst is gone from what I can tell.

I think he can still be serviceable, and he's still a decent receiver out of the backfield.  However, he's no longer a premier RB in this league.  There is alot of mileage on those tires despite having a full year to rest his body.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:11 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What are your taking about. How about give bell the ball with some screens or short passes. How about call some decent scheme runs. You don't know what your talking about at all. God damn Gase lovers.

Let's not forget your are defending the undefendable. Gase play calling, coaching ability. The guy is terrible. You an c Johnson should probably stop trying to talk about "football"

I'm talking about the Jets OL.  

Its a whole lot more than just call some decent run schemes, whatever that means.  If the line cant open holes, you aren't running the ball effectively.  When youre always losing, youre not running the ball.

I'm defending no one, these are facts, how the game is played.  It's why Bell was told with changes to the OL he'll he used like in Pitt

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Problem is Gase has venom for the guy

imo that's not true.  he may not like having a player who costs so much when he wanted others but he hasn't said a bad word about bell.  about the only thing that can be said is gase doesn't always seem to use bell enough but that could be a function of the oline just not being able to block well enough.  i know the sny guys said they needed to use bell more but at the same time the idea that a running back can wear down a defense is a little passe and presupposes that the oline can run block.  the bottom line is the jets just don't run block very well.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’m hearing a lot of flip flopping on Leveon Bell coming from the same people who pounded the table and were screaming for him 6 months ago

what happened besides Gase publicly throwing him under the bus

I wanted bell not gunna lie but he is either washed or just doesnt work in this offense.

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Bell is a stud ... Give him a competent OL and use him correctly in the passing game and he is gold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bell and Gase will never coexist which is a shame because the Jets signed him basically for 2019, and 2020, and Gase seems poised to waste him away.

11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I’m hearing a lot of flip flopping on Leveon Bell coming from the same people who pounded the table and were screaming for him 6 months ago

He had a season that questions whether or not he's shot or just a victim of a bad OL.

When Powell was in there, he hit the hole with power.  Lev just slides around laterally.  When he's not hit for a loss.  Which happened half the time.

SAR I

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He had a season that questions whether or not he's shot or just a victim of a bad OL.

When Powell was in there, he hit the hole with power.  Lev just slides around laterally.  When he's not hit for a loss.  Which happened half the time.

SAR I

I'd say half of the half of the time that he gets positive yardage it's because of his ability to make the first defender miss or break a tackle. So, I say give him a year with a real off season and real OL, with maybe a real threat on the outside to keep the box at <8.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Gase was thinking long-term in Miami too...to similar results.

Gase was straddled with the exact same GM in Miami that he started out with here. 

Grier is another Macagnan. 

If we could turn back time, I would have bet a solid 100 if Tannehill didnt get injured they made the playoffs that year.

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

Gase was straddled with the exact same GM in Miami that he started out with here. 

Grier is another Macagnan. 

If we could turn back time, I would have bet a solid 100 if Tannehill didnt get injured they made the playoffs that year.

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts..always an excuse for Gase about why he hasn't performed without Manning

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

That would be an epic mistake.

Ofcourse it’s a mistake

in one offseason Sam could potentially lose his best WR and a RB who is still a very good receiver out of the backfield 

Great way to set Sam up for success

Bell needed to change his running style. Waiting for the perfect hole wasn’t working. He should have done what Bilal did, hit the first hole and run. 

He was 7th in the league in reception by a RB. Should Gase have moved him to the slot instead of Crowder? Or gone 4 WRs. Maybe.

On 12/31/2019 at 12:46 PM, slimjasi said:

His recent statements about him suggest otherwise. 

But don't fit the argument against Gase.

So when Gase had enough, after clearly stating his appreciation of Bell, its shltting on the guy.

Follow the agenda

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Bell needed to change his running style. Waiting for the perfect hole wasn’t working. He should have done what Bilal did, hit the first hole and run. 

He was 7th in the league in reception by a RB. Should Gase have moved him to the slot instead of Crowder? Or gone 4 WRs. Maybe.

He is what he is

He was brought in with a history that was already established.

The idiot GM who signed him, knowing his history did nothing to support it.  Gave him no chance to succeed.  No eye towards supporting the signing for significant dollars.

Blame the coaches for not making it work or blame Bell for not changing the style that made him one of the NFLs best, all time bests

On 12/31/2019 at 6:29 AM, Prestige Worldwide said:

I don't know how this is throwing someone under the bus.

On what Bell meant to the team and how he interacted with teammates...

He’s just one of the guys, man, just fit in, did what was asked, tried to do the right thing, tried to help us get first downs, score points, win games. That’s it. When we were transitioning with some of the linemen and stuff, he knew that we had to work on efficiency and we were going to lack some explosive plays and he did a good job just saying, “Alright, I know what you want, I know you want me to get four yards and just keep us ahead of schedule,” and that’s what he did.

On how he can use Bell next year...

I think that was a conversation we had a couple weeks ago, we talked about looking at some of the stuff they did in Pittsburgh and talking through some of the things he’s comfortable with in the run game, especially early in the off season of trying to focus on those types of runs, and pass game, and we both are like, we’ll be able to take a break and then when we come back we can really hone in on some of those things that maybe we missed or we did too much of that he wasn’t really comfortable with. You know, it’s one of those things that allows us to evaluate kind of what we did as an offense, and then I can go back to him and we can talk through that stuff when we get back in the Spring.

Seriously!

Those are very positive, constructive comments Gase had about Bell.

Maybe some of our fans meant that this is the kind of bus Gase had for Bell?

girls-bus-sexy-Favim.com-875878.jpg.42fa7908229353bf43aa6e978f76db05.jpg

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Seriously!

Those are very positive, constructive comments Gase had about Bell.

Maybe some of our fans meant that this is the kind of bus Gase had for Bell?

girls-bus-sexy-Favim.com-875878.jpg.42fa7908229353bf43aa6e978f76db05.jpg

I'm a little old fashioned all I ask is where can I buy my tickets!!! 

That is all :) 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He is what he is

He was brought in with a history that was already established.

The idiot GM who signed him, knowing his history did nothing to support it.  Gave him no chance to succeed.  No eye towards supporting the signing for significant dollars.

Blame the coaches for not making it work or blame Bell for not changing the style that made him one of the NFLs best, all time bests

The only way for a coach to make it work is to tell Bell to hit the first hole he sees. What else can be done? We have a bad OL. The first hole is probably the only hole. 

• Upvote 1