Mock 2020 drafts thread

Jetster

Post here all of the mock drafts as they appear & from where. Should be interesting to see if there is a recurring theme regarding who might be there & they guy these draftniks think JD will take: Here a new one from The Sporting News:

11. New York Jets (7-9)

• Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

The Jets would be ready to take either Jeudy or Lamb if they are positioned to do so, but they also could use a rock for their offensive line in front of Sam Darnold. Thomas matches great size (6-5, 320 pounds) with good hands and footwork. Gase also will love what Thomas can open holes for the running game.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 3

12 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

Andrew thomas is a top 5 pick

If you look at the whole Mock it makes sense. Okudah will be picked, Brown is a top DT, Simmons is a beast LB, Jeudy & Lamb are special WRs, he's got 3 QBs off the board in Burrow, Tua, Herbert. Pass rushers are premium & you could see a couple come off the board & bam...pick 11 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If you look at the whole Mock it makes sense. Brown is a top DT, Simmons is a beast LB, Jeudy & Lamb are special WRs, he's got 3 QBs off the board in Burrow, Tua, Herbert. Pass rushers are premium & you could see a couple come off the board & bam...pick 11 

Tua may return to Bama but if he doesn’t his injury will most likely push him down draft boards.   With our luck he ends up with the Pats and has a great career

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

If a guy who plays the 2nd most important position on the field, and is considered to be a future superstar somehow falls to 11, wouldn't you be just a tad scared/confused?

Top positions- QB, CB, Edge, WR, LT, all 5 are important depending on need. But every draft has at least 1 beastly DT, DE go in the top 10 plus Simmons is a SPECIAL LB. Just view some mocks. Jets will have a need player staring at them. Whether it's a Stud WR or LT. There are a LOT of bad defenses in the top 10 of this draft. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bowles Movement said:

Tua may return to Bama but if he doesn’t his injury will most likely push him down draft boards.   With our luck he ends up with the Pats and has a great career

Or better yet he falls to the Jets spot at 11 & another team thinks GREAT VALUE to move a up a couple spots to nab him? If JD still had 3 players on his board this type of situation would be awesome. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, section314 said:

If a guy who plays the 2nd most important position on the field, and is considered to be a future superstar somehow falls to 11, wouldn't you be just a tad scared/confused?

It’s not an indictment against Thomas as much as it’s people thinking Wills and Wirfs may go ahead of him.  

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Top positions- QB, CB, Edge, WR, LT, all 5 are important depending on need. But every draft has at least 1 beastly DT, DE go in the top 10 plus Simmons is a SPECIAL LB. Just view some mocks. Jets will have a need player staring at them. Whether it's a Stud WR or LT. There are a LOT of bad defenses in the top 10 of this draft. 

You make good points here, and I don't think it's crazy this could happen. As a counter point, Giants(4)  Cardinals(8)  and Browns(10)  all pick before us and have young QB's just like us that need to be protected.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It’s not an indictment against Thomas as much as it’s people thinking Wills and Wirfs may go ahead of him.  

I hear you, but if a guy is that great, it would make me think. Honestly, if Macc doesn't pick Q 3rd, how far down the draft do you think he falls? Out of top 10?

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

You make good points here, and I don't think it's crazy this could happen. As a counter point, Giants(4)  Cardinals(8)  and Browns(10)  all pick before us and have young QB's just like us that need to be protected.

How long is Solders contract? Plus, the Giants are scoring points but their defense is TERRIBLE! They would have beaten the Eagles if they had Okudah. Okudah is a stud CB. I do agree about Cards & Browns (Especially the Browns) but the Cardinals are another team with an awful defense that can't stop the run & Chandler Jones isn't getting any younger. So this could be Edge, Brown or Simmons? It's going to be interesting & there will be either a stud LT or WR falling to that 11 spot. 

• Upvote 2

Pry Costanzo away from the Colts with lots of $$$$$$ and then look to the draft for the new RT.  Andrew Thomas will be gone, hence the need for Costanzo at LT,  but either Wills or Wirfs will be there.  Costanzo at LT and Wills or Wirfs at RT.  

I need to add here... I DONT like Wills as a LT, but I do love him as an elite RT.  

Wirfs, IMHO, due to his excellent feet and flexibility can transition well to LT with good coaching.  

I would keep Harrison as the starting center.  The last few games he was playing quality ball.  

Then, you draft one or two inside offensive lineman and let them slug it out in camp with the current bunch for the RG and LG positions.

If they cant land Costanzo (and they can if they are ready to break the bank and they should), I would prefer they draft Wirfs and get him transitioned to the left side.  Perhaps put Beachum on the right side, or see what else shakes out in FA or the draft.

Any way you slice it, they MUST add an elite talent at LT either through FA with Costanzo or the draft with Wirfs

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How long is Solders contract? Plus, the Giants are scoring points but their defense is TERRIBLE! They would have beaten the Eagles if they had Okudah. Okudah is a stud CB. I do agree about Cards & Browns (Especially the Browns) but the Cardinals are another team with an awful defense that can't stop the run & Chandler Jones isn't getting any younger. So this could be Edge, Brown or Simmons? It's going to be interesting & there will be either a stud LT or WR falling to that 11 spot. 

From what so many of the college and draft guys on the site have been saying, this is a deep WR draft. Would you take Biadasz at 11 if he was the highest rated OL on your board?

58 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Post here all of the mock drafts as they appear & from where. Should be interesting to see if there is a recurring theme regarding who might be there & they guy these draftniks think JD will take: Here a new one from The Sporting News:

11. New York Jets (7-9)

• Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

The Jets would be ready to take either Jeudy or Lamb if they are positioned to do so, but they also could use a rock for their offensive line in front of Sam Darnold. Thomas matches great size (6-5, 320 pounds) with good hands and footwork. Gase also will love what Thomas can open holes for the running game.

Link? Would be nice to see who goes where. I don't see Thomas falling to 11. So it would be nice to see who they have going ahead of him. 

I don’t think Thomas will fall out of top 5 never mind top 10. Cleveland and Arizona are just as desperate as we are for OL and they are in front of us. If for some reason Thomas, wirfs, and wills are gone by 11 then I would think either jeudy, lamb, or at worst case Epenesa would be available at 11.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Ross needs a splash in Miami. But Flores could shock everyone & take Herbert? You never know? It all depends on how his injury is viewed. 

I think they would go another year with Fitz or trade back. I doubt Tua is that badly injured anyway. He most likely sits out his first year and continues to rehab. 

The Draft Network Mock Dec. 30th. Kyle Crabbs has us PASSING on Jeudy and taking the THIRD O-lineman off the board, which I think makes a ton of sense and its Wirfs- OT out of Iowa. I think we are going to be seeing a lot of Wirfs slotted to the Jets.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/crabbs--2020-nfl-mock-draft-4.0

Jets

Tristan Wirfs

OT, Iowa

The New York Jets are reportedly investing in identifying offensive linemen to help build protection for quarterback Sam Darnold. Alabama’s Jedrick Wills may be the best pass protector eligible, but Tristan Wirfs may be the most well balanced up front of the offensive tackles. There's only one logical choice based on the board. This is the way.

1. Cincy- Burrows

2. Wash- Young

3. Lions- Okudah

4. Giants- Thomas

5. Dolphins- Tua

6. Chargers- Herbert

7. Panthers- Brown

8. Cards- Lamb

9. Jags- Simmons

10. Browns- Wills

11. Jets- Wirfs

12. Raiders- Jeudy

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

40 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Pry Costanzo away from the Colts with lots of $$$$$$ and then look to the draft for the new RT.  Andrew Thomas will be gone, hence the need for Costanzo at LT,  but either Wills or Wirfs will be there.  Costanzo at LT and Wills or Wirfs at RT.  

I need to add here... I DONT like Wills as a LT, but I do love him as an elite RT.  

Wirfs, IMHO, due to his excellent feet and flexibility can transition well to LT with good coaching.  

I would keep Harrison as the starting center.  The last few games he was playing quality ball.  

Then, you draft one or two inside offensive lineman and let them slug it out in camp with the current bunch for the RG and LG positions.

If they cant land Costanzo (and they can if they are ready to break the bank and they should), I would prefer they draft Wirfs and get him transitioned to the left side.  Perhaps put Beachum on the right side, or see what else shakes out in FA or the draft.

Any way you slice it, they MUST add an elite talent at LT either through FA with Costanzo or the draft with Wirfs

I like Castonzo, but it sounds like he is considering doing a Luck and retiring from the NFL. 

https://www.colts.com/news/anthony-castonzo-considering-options-2020-free-agent

If he does, the Colts become another team in the market for a tackle. 

4 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

I like Castonzo, but it sounds like he is considering doing a Luck and retiring from the NFL. 

https://www.colts.com/news/anthony-castonzo-considering-options-2020-free-agent

If he does, the Colts become another team in the market for a tackle. 

Translation... I'll make my decision after everyone waves their max offer at me... And it better be a real big offer or I'll retire...

He is at the top of his game and has at lest 4 more seasons of elite play left in him. 

LT is one of the positions you can and should pay $$$ for.

If Joe D. does not make him the most generous offer, I will consider it a failure on his part.

The Jets need a new line.  There it is for the taking.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, PepPep said:

The Draft Network Mock Dec. 30th. Kyle Crabbs has us PASSING on Jeudy and taking the THIRD O-lineman off the board, which I think makes a ton of sense and its Wirfs- OT out of Iowa. I think we are going to be seeing a lot of Wirfs slotted to the Jets.  

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/crabbs--2020-nfl-mock-draft-4.0

Jets

Tristan Wirfs

OT, Iowa

The New York Jets are reportedly investing in identifying offensive linemen to help build protection for quarterback Sam Darnold. Alabama’s Jedrick Wills may be the best pass protector eligible, but Tristan Wirfs may be the most well balanced up front of the offensive tackles. There's only one logical choice based on the board. This is the way.

1. Cincy- Burrows

2. Wash- Young

3. Lions- Okudah

4. Giants- Thomas

5. Dolphins- Tua

6. Chargers- Herbert

7. Panthers- Brown

8. Cards- Lamb

9. Jags- Simmons

10. Browns- Wills

11. Jets- Wirfs

12. Raiders- Jeudy

Wirfs would be a good pick, especially if they cant lure Costanzo in FA.  IMHO, Wirfs will make the better pro LT vs. Wills.  And that is what they will need if Joe D. does not go hard to land Costanzo

1 hour ago, section314 said:

teams are still scared/confused by Lamar Jackson but for different reasons now than his draft position

draft experts are not experts - it's an educated guess at best but I like the focus on OL

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1