Mock 2020 drafts thread

Jetster

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Translation... I'll make my decision after everyone waves their max offer at me... And it better be a real big offer or I'll retire...

He is at the top of his game and has at lest 4 more seasons of elite play left in him. 

LT is one of the positions you can and should pay $$$ for.

If Joe D. does not make him the most generous offer, I will consider it a failure on his part.

The Jets need a new line.  There it is for the taking.  

I'm loving your thinking on this. If we get a LT in Free agency, there are plenty of good Guards in the 2nd & 3rd rounds which would allow us to FINALLY take a stud WR if Jeudy or Lamb fall to us. Or a Tradeback & we take a Tee Higgins/ Leviska Shenault or Henry Ruggs. That leaves #2 & two #3s for Guard/CB/Edge or RB.

I think JD goes hard after Castonzo (Reason being he steps right in) & Yannick Ngakoue.

BAM! Fix LT- Fix Edge & have a GREAT DRAFT! 

• Upvote 1

11. Jets - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama, 6' 1" / 192 lbs

Robby Anderson could be headed for free agency, and even if he returns (he's reportedly looking for something north of $10 million a year ... and he's definitely earned that) adding Jeudy still makes a lot of sense. The best receiver on Alabama's roster, Jeudy is an elite route runner who would make life immeasurably easier for Sam Darnold in New York.

With the number 11 pick Jets replace their number 11.

J E U D Y …. JEUDY JEUDY JEUDY!

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Robby Anderson could be headed for free agency, and even if he returns (he's reportedly looking for something north of $10 million a year ... and he's definitely earned that) adding Jeudy still makes a lot of sense. The best receiver on Alabama's roster, Jeudy is an elite route runner who would make life immeasurably easier for Sam Darnold in New York.

Said this before but a link would be nice. I'd like to see who mocked this, when, and who is mocked ahead of Jeudy to allow him to fall to 11. 

16 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Said this before but a link would be nice. I'd like to see who mocked this, when, and who is mocked ahead of Jeudy to allow him to fall to 11. 

The link is there. . You had to click the text that read "11. Jets - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama, 6' 1" / 192 lbs"

Anyway here it is again in plain site

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-find-next-julian-edelman-dolphins-dont-wait-for-tua-but-get-franchise-qb/

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm all for it. If Jets can get Jeudy or Lamb they should run to the podium. and then go o line rds 2-4. Would be great to give darnold a true #1 WR like a Julio Jones or DeAndre Hopkins. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The link is there. . You had to click the text that read "11. Jets - Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama, 6' 1" / 192 lbs"

Anyway here it is again in plain site

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-find-next-julian-edelman-dolphins-dont-wait-for-tua-but-get-franchise-qb/

Thanks, 

Would not mind Jeudy or Lamb either. And in this scenario Wirfs, Wills and Thomas are gone. However, I doubt only one QB goes ahead of the Jets. If that is the case, there might be an opportunity for a trad down. The Dolphins, selecting at 18 and loaded with draft capital may want to jump the Colts at 13 (who could very well want a QB as well) for Herbert. 

Then the question is- do you take a trade down with the Dolphins to select at 18 and lose out on Jeudy? Tough decision for JD. 

5 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Thanks, 

Would not mind Jeudy or Lamb either. And in this scenario Wirfs, Wills and Thomas are gone. However, I doubt only one QB goes ahead of the Jets. If that is the case, there might be an opportunity for a trad down. The Dolphins, selecting at 18 and loaded with draft capital may want to jump the Colts at 13 (who could very well want a QB as well) for Herbert. 

Then the question is- do you take a trade down with the Dolphins to select at 18 and lose out on Jeudy? Tough decision for JD. 

Interesting question.  I guess 18 is where you might expect Biadasz or Leatherwood.  So what are we getting to make that move down?  A 2nd round pick?  

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Pry Costanzo away from the Colts with lots of $$$$$$ and then look to the draft for the new RT.  Andrew Thomas will be gone, hence the need for Costanzo at LT,  but either Wills or Wirfs will be there.  Costanzo at LT and Wills or Wirfs at RT.  

I need to add here... I DONT like Wills as a LT, but I do love him as an elite RT.  

Wirfs, IMHO, due to his excellent feet and flexibility can transition well to LT with good coaching.  

I would keep Harrison as the starting center.  The last few games he was playing quality ball.  

Then, you draft one or two inside offensive lineman and let them slug it out in camp with the current bunch for the RG and LG positions.

If they cant land Costanzo (and they can if they are ready to break the bank and they should), I would prefer they draft Wirfs and get him transitioned to the left side.  Perhaps put Beachum on the right side, or see what else shakes out in FA or the draft.

Any way you slice it, they MUST add an elite talent at LT either through FA with Costanzo or the draft with Wirfs

Overall I like the direction your going, but isn't Costanzo talking about retiring?  Didn't we just learn a lesson on that?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SR24 said:

Thomas,Wills,Wirfs,Lamb,Juedy. Hopefully we can leave with one of them

Since there are multiple teams ahead of us that need QBs it would be nice if Borrows(who will go number 1) Herbert maybe Tua go to teams ahead of us like the Chargers, Fins, etc. that would cause more Oline/WRs to drop to us.

9 hours ago, Barkus said:

I don’t think Thomas will fall out of top 5 never mind top 10. Cleveland and Arizona are just as desperate as we are for OL and they are in front of us. If for some reason Thomas, wirfs, and wills are gone by 11 then I would think either jeudy, lamb, or at worst case Epenesa would be available at 11.

As you said no reaching, if the best player left is a Center or Edge rusher pick him and the address OL/WR with picks 2 and our 2 third rounders.

Burrows, Young, Thomas and Okudah should all be locks for top-10.

Tua and Herbert should both go, but at least one will.  Conservatively, that's 5 of the top-10.

Derrick Brown seems likely to go as well, that's 6.

That leaves Wirfs, Wills, Lamb and Jeudy with 4 picks ahead of us.  I would say there's almost no chance that all four go that way.  Also, there is so much time, including pro days and the combine, before the draft that things will move around.  Another OT or WR could move up.  Another player at another position could move up, pushing more guys down.  It's just too early.  I am fairly confident a quality OL or WR will be available.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Since there are multiple teams ahead of us that need QBs it would be nice if Borrows(who will go number 1) Herbert maybe Tua go to teams ahead of us like the Chargers, Fins, etc. that would cause more Oline/WRs to drop to us.

You said it man we need as many QBs as possible to go early. An impact player will be there for us to grab though .

FA is going to be sooooo important for Douglas this year.  

I'm not an advocate for overpaying, but if he has to over extend a bit, it would be worth it to secure 2 starting, quality OL in FA so he can take a WR with confidence at 11 that he can get another starting OL later, if the 3 big tackles go by 11.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

FA is going to be sooooo important for Douglas this year.  

I'm not an advocate for overpaying, but if he has to over extend a bit, it would be worth it to secure 2 starting, quality OL in FA so he can take a WR with confidence at 11 that he can get another starting OL later, if the 3 big tackles go by 11.  

How is Epenesa going to test at the Combine? He’s sitting there at 11-12 in every mock right now and I keep thinking he’d be the guy if the big OTs are off the board.

11 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Tua may return to Bama but if he doesn’t his injury will most likely push him down draft boards.   With our luck he ends up with the Pats and has a great career

If he’s in the draft I think Tua will go very high. The upside is too potentially great not to draft him. Somebody would be willing to take that chance. Look the Nets signed Durant and paid him 30 mil this season not to play. 

I'm seeing the Fa talk re oline again.  You almost never get a useful olineman in fa in this day and age.  The one or two top guys will have every one and their dog after them.  In most cases if you are really good your team will keep you.  Even the guys who are thought of as being prime players are often fools gold.

I'd far rather have the balls to trade some of our good young assets for picks (yeah adams and quinnen) and use Fa dollars on the non premium positions.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If he’s in the draft I think Tua will go very high. The upside is too potentially great not to draft him. Somebody would be willing to take that chance. Look the Nets signed Durant and paid him 30 mil this season not to play. 

We will see.  I’ve read that his injury was very bad and possibly career impacting.

Still it only takes one team to say his name on draft day

Just now, T0mShane said:

How is Epenesa going to test at the Combine? He’s sitting there at 11-12 in every mock right now and I keep thinking he’d be the guy if the big OTs are off the board.

I think he will be very good, but not elite in those sparq scores or whatever they are that I've seen referenced here before.  I'm honestly not sure though. 

He is not an elite fast twitch athlete, but I think he's better in that regard than most think. 

My honest opinion is he's every bit the player Young is, they are just different.  When I watch Epenesa at Iowa, he reminds me off JJ Watt and Justin Smith.  He has enough burst to get past people with a speed rush, but it's his use of speed to setup his unbelievable raw power that makes him a menace.  He roasted Austin Jackson simply with speed about 3-4 times the other night.  His issue one big issue with a speed rush is that when he gets that burst to get around, he's not a super flexible type that can turn that corner on a dime and flatten out.

I will say this about Wirfs and Epenesa(but especially Epenesa).  If Douglas means what he says about culture, both guys would be huge fits with that.  Epenesa is one of the most respected, hard working, unselfish players in Ferentz 20 years at Iowa and you could argue he's the most naturally gifted, which says a lot.

Sorry, went a bit long there.  Epenesa gets me fired up.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At this point, I'd be willing to trade up for a LT like Thomas.  Absolutely our # 1 need with Beachum headed for UFA status.  

There’s so many holes on both sides of the ball especially the oline they’d be better off picking the best OG or OC if the OTs they like are gone. 

7 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Not a fan of going WR with our top pick, but the way that mock fell, have to go with Jeudy 

I easily prefer Jeudy to Lamb also

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

There’s so many holes on both sides of the ball especially the oline they’d be better off picking the best OG or OC if the OTs they like are gone. 

I'd rather go WR if the LT's are gone.  Hopefully we'll have traded Jamal, so we can grab interior linemen with our later 1st and our 2nd rounder.  

56 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

At this point Tua is held together by screws and bolts....I hope Miami takes him. Guy has been injured more than Dee Milliner during his career....I can't see that changing at the next level. It's not like he's a big strong kid. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I'd like to upgrade so we don't NEED to bring him back.  

Depending on his asking price.

He gave up 4 sacks, 9 penalties and a lot of pressures on 800 something snaps so if he wants more then what he was making I agree, let him leave. If not then keep him he adds depth and might be ok at RT. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'd rather go WR if the LT's are gone.  Hopefully we'll have traded Jamal, so we can grab interior linemen with our later 1st and our 2nd rounder.  

I’m not holding hope that they make a big trade and get picks otherwise it definitely changes things. I’d go OT, OC, OG, WR, CB/ED in that order but wouldn’t care if they take a WR instead of IOL. 

• Upvote 2